Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

A Few Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by ntaylor7746, Jan 7, 2018.

Share This Page

1. ntaylor7746

ntaylor7746 New Member

Hi, I am just getting in to graffiti/ spray paint art/ whatever you call it, and I have a lot of questions. Besides learning after I got it that Rustoleum sucks, I have some more problems that I want to know how to prevent:

• When firing my paint it bubbles and makes under colors bleed through, what am I doing wrong
    • Colors sometimes bleed through anyways, how can I fix that
    • My planets almost always have a ring around them
    Also, what is a better brand? My local Walmart only has Krylon and Rustoleum, which I heard are both crap and are against any type of graffiti, and I know Montana is amazing, but it is so expensive! Also, do I need slow or quick dry paints??

Thank you in advance for answering my questions!

Also, the closest I could get to what I considered good was this picture I added

ggggg.jpg

2. AMEN 28 CRIMINALZ

AMEN 28 CRIMINALZ Senior Member

Montana a vita ... Bassa pressione 94. Spara veloce e preciso e poi con la pratica tutto intelligente migliora

3. Ray of Today

Ray of Today Elite Member

You don't "fire" your paint but anyhow... you probably need to learn can control, finger strength, to control how much comes out at once. Colors bleeding through could be caused by using different finishes (flat, glossy) together. Krylon is probably no good these days. There is nothing wrong with Rusto, it's good shit, although I use it more for fills than outlines. Finally, graf is kind of meant to be big, and goes on walls/trains, so some of your problem might be trying to do it on a 1'x2' piece of canvas.

4. ntaylor7746

ntaylor7746 New Member

i mean the torch dry with the burning gloss

5. H2OZ_Less

H2OZ_Less Member

You're in the wrong place for tips on painting still life portraits of outer space scenes. This is a forum for people who write their names and characters that are significant to them on walls. The application and "canvas" is very different and thus, you won't find any help with your art. Check out YouTube, there are a lot of videos that can help. I will offer one tip that you should use any paint you can afford at first. Practice instills skill and doing it on the cheap will extend the amount of usable time. Best of luck.

6. ntaylor7746

ntaylor7746 New Member

ohhhh thanks dude I am so sorry

7. Spud

Spud Member

I think it looks good regardless man. Can’t offer any tips, just a noob but looks good anyway.

8. AMEN 28 CRIMINALZ

[QUOTE = "Spud, post: 1914772, membro: 140231"] Penso che sia bello a prescindere dall'uomo. Non posso offrire alcun suggerimento, solo un noob ma sembra comunque buono. [/ QUOTE]
    Mi piace il tuo ragazzo di pianeti ... prima di tutto rule .. never color over cromo Plata.
    Krylon sono spray per le good but Montana are better

9. Spud

Spud Member

Wouldn’t know too much about the paint being honest. I have Montana Black but know shag all about it. Must try others.

10. AMEN 28 CRIMINALZ

[QUOTE = "Spud, post: 1914813, membro: 140231"] Non saprei dire troppo sul fatto che la vernice sia onesta. Ho il Montana Black ma so che ci siamo scopati. Devi provare gli altri. [/ QUOTE]
    I use 94 and hardcore ... I like it. For the rest is only manuality Experience.

11. Spud

Spud Member

The 94 is meant to be a lower pressurized can, so they say, I’d like to try that. Where you from bro?

12. AMEN 28 CRIMINALZ

[QUOTE = "Spud, post: 1914823, membro: 140231"] Il 94 è pensato per essere un barattolo sotto pressione, quindi dicono, mi piacerebbe provarlo. Da dove vieni da bro? [/ QUOTE]
    Roma Italia ...and you? Bro...nice to meet you.
    94 sono a bassa pressione, Montana hardcore very high pressure...and Montana speed are for fast'n'draw....

20161124_223754.jpg

13. Spud

Spud Member

Cork in Ireland my friend. Good to meet ye too. Been to Rome before, great city. Got a new delivery of 94s today. Happy days

14. AMEN 28 CRIMINALZ

[QUOTE = "Spud, post: 1914941, membro: 140231"] Cork in Irlanda, amico mio. Piacere di conoscerti. Sei stato a Roma prima, ottima città. Oggi ho una nuova consegna di 94s. Happy days [/ QUOTE]
    Mi fido it....bro .... I must to go to the shop because I stay empty without my cans

15. ntaylor7746

ntaylor7746 New Member

Thanks so much!

16. 1_14_4_9

1_14_4_9 New Member

17. nastynasty

nastynasty Senior Member

Ah I see.. your first problem is there are no letters in your work.