Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Diving in the deep end. Designing my 1st wildstyle

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by GBBO, May 6, 2018.

Share This Page

1. GBBO

GBBO Member

[Broken External Image]:https://ibb.co/fSL8pS
    Brand spanking new, just started reading about graffiti today. Absolutely fasinated by wildstyle, and wanted to try my hand at it. I understand that this picture is just the foundation of the design.
    1. Any constructive criticism on the basic structure?
    2. And advice on how to progress this sketch along?

Seems like this is the right place to start. If I'm wrong, my apologies and I'll be happy to post elsewhere.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  2. KoreOne

KoreOne Member

Hey man if you want y honest opinion I’d work on a hand style and a throwie before working on a wildatyle so you can familiarize yourself, I truly believe a wildstyle is not a place to start for a beginner as I am one and can’t do a decent wildstyle to save my life

3. GBBO

GBBO Member

Kore One, I appreciate the feedback. I'm going to keep studying for sure. I'm actually approaching this from an academic perpective, so it's more about understanding the style and how to decipher them. My approach is to create one from scratch to understand it from the inside out.

4. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Well if thats the case then you just need to really understand how letters flow and are able to bend and curve without losing there original stucture or shape...also learning how not to change a letter like a "u" into a "o"

5. KoreOne

KoreOne Member

I understand hey man, always start with the basics wildstylea came from throws and throws came from handstylez your best bet is to start there, hey I understand, you doing a project for art or something?

6. GBBO

GBBO Member

Yes! Part of my concern with the "K" and the sigma I'm using for the "E". I end up with a diamond in the negative space, and wanted to make sure I didn't break structure too much and end up with an "O". Can you take a look and let me know?

7. GBBO

GBBO Member

Something like that, yeah.

8. nastynasty

nastynasty Senior Member

Study wildstyle pieces.