Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How To Meet Other Writers

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by imported_admin, Sep 30, 2005.

Share This Page

1. ILUVCASH

ILUVCASH Senior Member

Rock ephin/sdk people will come up to you and ask if you write

2. BridgeRat

BridgeRat Senior Member

I met most of my generation of writers in my area by simply asking this kid who asked me for a cig if he wrote. I judged by his sagged, baggy pants and crooked hat that he was a safe candidate to ask. He said he didn't write, but his brother does. He introduced me to his bro, we started chillin and eventually I ended up meeting a few other writers through him. Turns out I met these kids once years back but obviously we didn't remember it was so long.

3. Otaku39

Otaku39 New Member

I need a crew I live in Long Beach CA

4. KAN2.

KAN2. Member

If you around the 402 or 712 speak up want more eyes and paint when I'm out

5. ZorkOner

ZorkOner Member

Experienced writer of 5 years wishing to meet 519 writers! :D

6. ZorkOner

ZorkOner Member

BIG UPS TO WOLFGANG. boss shit.

7. BKbomber

BKbomber Member

If you're from the 614 drop me a message, looking for other cats to paint with over the summer.

8. rave316

rave316 Senior Member

Oddest request but any japan heads up in here drop me a line...

9. BridgeRat

BridgeRat Senior Member

Any writers in AZ? hmu

10. triphippy

triphippy Senior Member

Ok ive been writing for about 5 years and I dont consider myself a toy or anything but ive never found any1 else in my town who writes and I know they are ther cuz ive seen the graff but ive always went solo idk ig its more peacefull

11. D1c3

D1c3 New Member

Ey any writers in the 503 pm me I'm lookin for a partner(s) who won't rat.

12. erOs905

erOs905 Member

905 lemme know let's chill. Mainly Hamilton

13. Dreg one

Dreg one Member

Don't bother... It is usually a huge disappointment. Watch the graff videos and the interviews where people say the most honorable, trust worthy and fantastic people they know are graff writers. Maybe in the 80's-90's. Lots of writers still give a fuck and work off of history but the internet has made people who have no real reason to get into graff aside from making themselves feel cooler able to get their hands on the materials. You dont need to know someone, most writers have nobody coaching them or telling them to go from the ground to as high as they can reach, they dont have people checking them when they fuck up.

If they see this, they will know who they are, and no hard feelings, but this generation of graff writer is for the most part painting when they have nothing better to do, they arent cancelling dental appointments to go hit trains, they arent risking themselves and they are working alone or in a tight nit group of friends that call themselves a crew. Every graff writer I have known short of one are the most flaky people I have ever had to know.

Keeping to yourself is better, look up to writers, but dont try to find them, If you saw Superman ironing his suit, burning his fingers and wearing shit stained 2 day old boxers... he would lose a lot of the flash.

I recently came in contact with a writer I have been looking for for YEARS. I thought he was cool as fuck until recently. He is pompous, he is pretty much a dick and gets up 1/10th that I do... but yet, he has a graffiti based clothing line that he is trying to get moving. Guh. Do 100 internet pieces, start a clothing line... Perfect... These are the people you are looking for.

14. Luke Duncan

Luke Duncan New Member

wondering if you found any writers in LB or would be down to link.. Just moved here

15. Dret-one

Dret-one Senior Member

this is a LONNGGG shot any writers from Netherlands Regio Twente

16. logan.baz

logan.baz New Member

Shit bro, I am from there. Don't live there anymore though.

17. Dret-one

Dret-one Senior Member

ohh too bad do you know any other writers from here

18. Shady47

Shady47 New Member

19. BAITS

BAITS Moderator

anyone from newcastle, australia?

20. dazeyes1

dazeyes1 Guest

i write i am from memphis tennessee or ssouthaven mississippi 662 or 901 they are right by each other i need someone to write with if not i guess i will have to find my cusin and write with him some