Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Caught..

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by i s r a e l, Nov 12, 2004.

Share This Page

1. toop

toop Senior Member

only way to actually reduce the risk, I'm telling you all a massive secret right now

stop writing illegally

only way, you may think doing something might reduce the risk well no it doesn't. The risk will always be there no matter what when doing anything illegal

i know it sucks hence why i couldn't care i know the risks and i know what happens when ya get caught since being done myself but i still do it, the rush of being chased by transit cops for doing passenger trains is fucking off the charts its just something else when you know they are maybe 25-30m from you telling you to stop and you got no where to go and yet you still get away its just amazing

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  2. toop

toop Senior Member

fucking hell well fuck you too

(im german) i dont live there or nothing but still some mad shit is painted there, dope trains and shit on the reg

best panels vids are all euro or for me half euro half aussie

3. Cyco

Cyco Senior Member

^^ Cuz he asked me if I watched German vids. And I simply answered.
    ^ Lol and I only hate the country and the language. I dont hate the people (atleast not more than half of em)

4. ERAone

ERAone New Member

Sometimes u gotta say Y.O.L.O

5. gears244

gears244 Senior Member

Only advise I could give is to know the area you're bombing. You will be in a huge panic if you need to dip from the cops and don't have an escape route. Just don't do obvious shit like be noisy or I try not to walk on main streets or sidewalks cause it looks mad suspicious at 3 a.m walking alone with a bag and hoodie etc. Lol I had some guys tell me that they would sometimes dress in city work uniforms or even an old suit, cause cops don't tend to look twice and shit like that unless it's really late. However if you are already in the process of getting chased, the problem to all your problems lies in the trusty fence. If your fit and fast you should be able to hop a fence no problem JUST ONE FENCE and I promise the cops(who are most likely fat fucks or old) never make it over, I have done it 3 times now and it wasn't even graff related. UNLESS you are being chased by some bruce willis super cop then you're fucked but that usually unlikely.

6. BridgeRat

BridgeRat Senior Member

If it is possible to survey a section of your city, on a building, cliff or mountain, you can figure out the routes of the local patrol. On the streets listen closely for cars and pedestrian sheep coming your way.

7. PHREEone

PHREEone Senior Member

know ur surroundings , have a plan B always !

8. triphippie

triphippie Member

do you guys really think they gonna have cameras on bridges and train cars!!!

9. BridgeRat

BridgeRat Senior Member

^ yeah dude, there will be more cameras every year in public areas.. Watch out for drones! Use silly string on cameras.

10. triphippy

triphippy Senior Member

I think when I was little I had a piece with a camera hanging from a balloon just kinda patrolling parks and shit

11. lukkkec

lukkkec New Member

Fuck all yall graff is dangerous deal with it

12. triphippy

triphippy Senior Member

It wouldnt be dangerous if people would realize that we r really enhancing the view

13. AYAR_ONE

AYAR_ONE Member

Tips from me? Be smart about where you hit, often the cops already know your real identity without you even knowing they know, don't hit schools, childrens parks, daycares, that sprt of stuff. You want to be noticed by writers but not draw attention from the authorities.

14. Aciddrip

Aciddrip New Member

I need some advice. It's about worrying about getting caught. How do you not worry about things like getting caught. And also what are the chances of getting caught? I did a bathroom stall. Just something something small. But Im worried because I slightly pulled out my paint marker to see if there was paint on my hand. And with the amount I worry, I think a camera may have been around to see it. Am I worrying too much, am I right? Or is this some major toy shit..

15. oatmeal

oatmeal Senior Member

a couple tips that will save you.

1. don't carry a back pack. shove cans in a jacket or black plastic bag.
    2. if you're the only one in an area at 4am and cops roll by you look like you're doing something wrong don't be stupid.
    3.wear glove. i can't express how important that is. if you get stopped and the paint on your hands matches the paint on the wall you're pretty much done.
    4. if it doesn't feel right gtfo. trust your instincts.
    5. everyone has a phone and most love calling the police don't trust anyone.
    6. NEVER TELL THE COPS WHAT YOU WERE DOING. if you get stopped and end up in cuffs close your mouth. literally say nothing. anything you say will only make it worse and everything they tell you is a lie. they WANT you to confess. and if you do you F***ed your self.
    7. NEVER wear all black that's plain stupid. dark blue and brown are key. blend in. look at what normal people in your area wear. also dress in layers. then when someone dials 311 and tries to be a hero you could change and not fit the description they just gave of you. i typically try to wear the opposite color of what ever my top layer is underneath.
    8. always wear a hat. it could save you if caught on camera. HOODS MAKE YOU LOOK SUSPECT. don't be stupid.
    9. NEVER FORCE YOUR SELF. IF IT DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT IT PROBABLY ISN'T. i know i said this above but this is key. you need to trust your instinct. be zen. get in the grove. this may sound like BS but if you give negative vibes people pick up on it and pay attention.
    10. paint smells. keep in mind that people maybe able to smell what you're doing blocks away. if you crushed a small area pretty fast. get out of there people will notice. including police.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  16. Knoxgraff

Knoxgraff New Member

Usally I cut through alleyways or train tracks to minimize my profile.

17. Ray of Today

Ray of Today Elite Member

I like what Oatmeal said on instincts. If you get a funky vibe, no matter the reason, it's probably time to go, live to paint another day.

Stay away from social media, get known for your work, not your posting of your work, plus why make a trail to yourself.

Phone on vibrate if you must, but turned off is better. Not a fan of new phones with GPS, wrap in foil to block the signal.

Use gloves for health and lack of evidence.

Leave no trace, surprised how many people leave trash, caps, cans, smh.

18. tom

tom Member

Can the cops arrest you if they don't catch you in the act ? And what about a tags, I usually do stencils and I want to start signing my works, is this a bad idea ??

19. Ray of Today

Ray of Today Elite Member

^ Depends what else you were doing, for instance, trespassing. About stencils, you mean you're going to add a signature to the stencil itself, or sign your name in spray afterward?

20. tom

tom Member

Yeah, a signature beneath the stencil, like the Banksy or c215 one.