Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

noob graffiti artist

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Vuk/Nite, Feb 21, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Vuk/Nite

Vuk/Nite Member

Hello. i struggle so much with sketching. I have no motivation and the sketch turns out soo bad bcs of that
    i also started painting on walls and i need help
    the paint is dripping so much. I tried everything. To be more far away, faster movement etc but nothing helps. Help would be much appriciated

2. GuardDog

GuardDog Senior Member

What paint are you using? Usually holding the can back and fast lines work. Also was the surface wet?

3. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

shake the can like it says in the back of the can, have you tried that?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  4. skrit.

skrit. Senior Member

what cap are you using?

5. nastynasty

nastynasty Senior Member

6. nastynasty

nastynasty Senior Member

Your sketches turn out so bad because you don't know the fundamentals of graffiti. That's like a newborn trying to run a marathon as soon as he pops out the cooch. Stop trying to do wildstyles and focus on learning how letters are built. What makes them work together, what is "flow", color schemes, etc. Don't try to draw another piece for 5 months. Just learn letter structure, practice tags and throwups, straight letters then try again when you have more understanding about what makes graffiti graffiti.

If you're having problems with drips shake that can for at least 1 minute before painting and use a different cap. If you press down fully on the cap, more paint comes out making drips easier when you are close than if you have your finger on the back of the cap, pressing lightly.

7. Vuk/Nite

Vuk/Nite Member

to reply to all messages.
    first i use cheap paint, non graffiti made bcs they dont havethem in my country. I use the stock cap, because we dont have caps either in my country. Third, im not trying wildstyles, just normal letters but i dont have inspiration to start with different details. Thanks for commenting

8. Vuk/Nite

Vuk/Nite Member

and also the surface wasnt wet, and i shake the can once every gthrowie/tag

9. nastynasty

nastynasty Senior Member

Yeah if it's like dollar can paint drips are hard to avoid. Try a Home Depot or a hardware store if they have in your country. But all I can say is change the cap (take caps off of other spray cans, they don't have to be paint cans) and shake the shit out of that can before you paint.
    If you don't have inspiration to make different details in the letters that's fine. There's nothing you can make that hasn't been made already when it comes to graffiti. You aren't supposed to make new different details every time. Focus more on the reality that you are putting effort into drawing. There is an energy being transferred from you to paper/wall. Painting for you is the physical expression of some urge. Focus on that and I think you'll find it easier to have inspiration to draw, paint, whatever.

10. nastynasty

nastynasty Senior Member

try pressing down lightly on the cap when you paint. It will let out less paint, which means less drips

11. Vuk/Nite

Vuk/Nite Member

thanks, i do buy my cans in hardware stores, lol. There are pretty much 3 different brands of them. One is happy color and the other 2 i dont remember lol.

12. skrit.

skrit. Senior Member

Which country are you in?

13. Vuk/Nite

Vuk/Nite Member

14. skrit.

skrit. Senior Member

Ok they have graffiti cans in your country. Buy them online or look up a graffiti store.

15. skrit.

skrit. Senior Member

There's no way you can't find graffiti cans in Serbia.

16. Vuk/Nite

Vuk/Nite Member

i know, lol. But online is kinda too expensive