Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Problem with homemade ink

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Brad Quill, Mar 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Brad Quill

Brad Quill New Member

so I made my ink with pens, methylated spirits and dot4 brake fluid, I put it in a brand new mop but it is really weird because when I write it kinda blends to the surface and drips in big chunks (it's hard to explain), basically the sides are really fuzzy and not clean, any suggestions?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  2. Wepon...

Wepon... Member

3. Wepon...

Wepon... Member

Probably way too much brake fluid. All you need is a pinch. Too much and the ink gets wayy too thick . Get some more pens, some marsh some pilot and some leather dye . That's what I use it' been good for me

4. Ozen

Ozen Member

are you squeezing too hard or something? but like wepon said, put less brake fluid next time if you dont like drips

5. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

First batch of ink i made was like this and i put loads of break fluid in, you only need a few drops

6. 2004 ONE

2004 ONE New Member

YO man I made a hella good ink when fucking around in my garage
    get some
    wood stain
    india ink
    stamp ink
    rit dye (powder)
    soultip paint
    dot 3
    fish oils

take all those ingrediants and throw em into a big fat bottle and you got a nice ink

i recommend 1/3 india ink 1/3 soultip paint 1/3 woodstain take the other ingredients and throw em in and you are up and out