Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. domestizo

domestizo Senior Member

You’re right Skrit. Just practice practice till you feel your own style! It will come!

2. MINE2 : C.H.A.P.S. CRU

MINE2 : C.H.A.P.S. CRU Senior Member

Yeah like the homie Skrit said, check out alphabets & get ideas of how the letters are written then picture how you can make those "ideas" your own. Then practice practice practice

3. zoup

zoup Elite Member

I heard if you do something a thousand times, youll be a master at it. I feel drawing the outline of the letter better prints the blueprint in your head than drawing each individual bar for a letter, imo thats exhausting and im lazy. draw the outline of the letter, if you fuck up the width, who cares finish the letter and only post after your 7th attempt or even more. Like i feel like the more you write the basic outline, the more youll see the invisible blueprint your mind creates on paper (like solving math problem in your head) and you will like just do your own thing and attach it to the letter structure.

4. MINE2 : C.H.A.P.S. CRU

MINE2 : C.H.A.P.S. CRU Senior Member

The paper should be able to soak up more ink so it will hold up better when you're blending/ coloring, etc. I don't think any specific type of paper will make your markers run out faster, that more depends on how much you lay down

5. BluberryNeko

BluberryNeko Member

Woah interesting.
    By basic outline, do you mean on a thick letter? I've experimented a little with bars and such, but I find with the bars its very hard to write anything which isn't like block computer font like this is written in.
    BLU it looks just like that lol

6. zoup

zoup Elite Member

Ill post in ms paint later today what i mean, by outlining letters instead of doing bars. For now i mean drawing the shape of the letter without the use of bars. Like drawing a triangle or square from scratch, draw the shape of the letter.

7. BluberryNeko

BluberryNeko Member

How long does a 400ml can last?

I've been working on paper since I started and I just ordered my first cans. 1 white and 1 blue 400ml can. I have a throwie planned for the middle of may but I want to practice before it. I don't want to run out before then tho so I was wondering how much you can do with a single can.
    Thanks ^,^

8. skrit.

skrit. Senior Member

A 400ml can do about 2m^2 of solid fill if you do it right. If you aren't doing a solid fill then more. They last about 3seconds for me when I paint.

9. BluberryNeko

BluberryNeko Member

im planning on doing handstyley thing so that should be fine.

10. skrit.

skrit. Senior Member

Yeah. If you onlydo a few then you'll be fine.

11. BluberryNeko

BluberryNeko Member

I may not even practice anything noticeable, just some doodles to grasp the can technique.

12. AMEN 28 CRIMINALZ

AMEN 28 CRIMINALZ Senior Member

disegnare molto, quindi provare a lavorare su superfici verticali attaccando un foglio alla parete, quindi provare a creare disegni sempre più grandi, quindi iniziare a simulare con lo spray per disegnare pannelli lunghi almeno 1,5 metri, quando sei bravo a questi esercizi possiamo parlare usando i barattoli ... è l'unico modo per non sprecare lo spray IMG_20180415_201406.jpg
    AMEN 28 CRIMINALZ - 2018

13. Andrew Larsen

Andrew Larsen New Member

I'm from the Vancouver BC area and was wondering if anybody knew of any shops or places I can find graff supplies like paint, markers, mops, caps or anything related. also looking for critiques on my tag. :)

14. RASKY

RASKY Member

just order shit online or make it yourself if u cant get cans make a mop get whiteout pens or pilots they are all cheap and redily available just gotta look

15. RASKY

RASKY Member

ive seen some people making paint mops that have a 2 tone like (ex: pink paint with an orange halo or black with a red halo) does pearl ex duo pigment work for that or do i need to look into it more, also would it be better to mix a pigment in with rusto or white latex house paint.

16. lustmn

lustmn New Member

that's gonna be a mixture of 2 pigment carriers, be it like, oil and acrylic or stainer and ink. if you want a good one expect to experiment a lot, most solutions will just produce muddy bullshit.

goldens and garvey worked nice for me where i tried it

17. Toy584

Toy584 Member

What does "one" mean after tags? I've seen many taggers put it after their tags.

18. Bants

Bants Senior Member

it used to mean you didnt rep any crews... or its the originator for the name. if you got busted you add a 2.

19. SSTRCMPLX

SSTRCMPLX Member

Late reply but since I only fuck with hands (and a touch of throws) I'll toss in some input. This has been my process, but could be useful to others starting out. Rather than learning "graffiti letters" I believe it's easier, at least in the beginning, for your hands to be exaggerations and evolutions of your existing writing style.

What I mean is when you write fast (think note-taking), you naturally form connections between your letters and you have a natural rhythm and flow to that writing. Now slow that down and adjust things to make them more uniform and consistent in structure and form. Your basic handwriting already has the foundations of your unique style;exaggerate those and pick up some new letters to integrate and you have the beginning of a functional hand. Keep practicing that and it will begin to flow as naturally as your "normal" handwriting.

I do NOT believe in writing individual letters (e.g., alphabets) over and over unless you are explicitly trying to learn a new style and/or are practicing letter forms. The structure and flow of a hand largely comes from writing WORDS over and over. Over time, at least for me, I implicitly know what words will write "well" because of the letters contained within and the structure of the word as a whole. Then, pick a name to write. This is easier than learning how to write a name from scratch and ideal if you're still starting out. You should be compulsively writing on paper before you even think about touching a wall. One thing I do is any sheet of paper I'm thinking of throwing away I fill with a random word or tag practice beforehand.

Do take this with a grain of salt because I do think alphabets are important and I ain't shit anyway. I just believe the process outlined above will help develop speed, flow, and consistency--all essential for any hand.

20. Toy584

Toy584 Member

What do numbers after tags mean?