Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Intermediate Thread

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by (SoS)Viruz, Mar 14, 2009.

Share This Page

1. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

take a trip down to Beirut, where I live, and hit me up ;)
    Sorry to telly ou this but there's nothing in Abu Dhabi or Dubai. If you're used to USA and Europe you're about to be very disappointed

2. Bants

Bants Senior Member

Try to finish what I start.

20180729_171507.jpg

3. Tuke

Tuke Senior Member

Something

20180731_203640.jpg

4. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

The t needs work

5. Tuke

Tuke Senior Member

What sort of work?

6. Bants

Bants Senior Member

just my opinion Tuke, the left of the t is awkward. its unlike the rest of your letters which are somewhat more blocky. the right side top of the t with the outline continuing through is unique only to that letter too besides the one arrow on your e. Block off the left side, and clean up the outline extension. the fill is fine, but white outlines throughout is difficult to pull off. personally i like my arrows to be pointing level with one plane left and right or up and down in generally the same direction, this is harder then it sounds. the right side of your 3d is heavy with line adds and the left is not... throws the balance off a bit. that looks like a chill spot im assuming so this is awesome for practice. question, is this all stock cap? all that shit being said, this should be more like can control practice then letter structure at this point in my eyes. and youre getting valuable practice. i see no drips and solid fills. some of your lines are "sketch like" and not really a continuous line but im being overly picky here bro. this is a nice spot if it is chill... im jealous man. keep painting!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  7. Tuke

Tuke Senior Member

Yeah i know, i had it sketched abit differently originally,(ill post the sketch). Done with a NY fatcap and the 94 stock tip (grey dot?). Yes fucked up the white inline because I did them in the wrong order so i couldn't cutback without messing shit up. Spot is a semi famous chill spot in the oldschool scene here

15331347168765796671.jpg

8. Bants

Bants Senior Member

man, from paper to wall thats good bro... keep going! like i said, this is more can control then structure. the urge to paint is hard to fight when you are not at a comfortable level with your letters. everyone needs a chill spot to kill over and over until you are satisfied with cleanliness. had i seen the sketch with the wall my crits would have been a bit different. i like to do outlines with no fill and then do my fill on the wall. you doin the right thing here. paint paint paint!

Quickie for chat...

20180801_104804.jpg

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  9. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

bants pretty much said what i was going to say about the t being awkward.

10. Mildstyles

Mildstyles Elite Member

Tuke thats not bad. I agree with the T being awkward but idk how no one said anything about the K, that is way more awkward. Connect that bar going out the top right to the bar going down. They look way too awkward separated like that and connected to the main vertical bar. It does look better on the wall than it does on the paper though

Bant that is a funky mashup of a simple/throw, its pretty cool, definitely need to refine it but I like the idea. Tbh that bottom one isnt working too well at all I'd scrap it. The middle one looks the best to me

11. Bants

Bants Senior Member

the last one is a oneliner...thats why its a tad off, but thank you for the crits. im still a bit awkward with it and it does need more work. im honing in on something i like thats for sure.

12. zoup

zoup Elite Member

man you remind me of loon, his painted pieces like yours are always better on walls then paper lol.

13. Tuke

Tuke Senior Member

Man why do yall tell me this advice like im actually going back there and fix it

14. Mildstyles

Mildstyles Elite Member

So you dont make the same bad letters next time

15. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

Cunt sauce

image.jpg

16. Tuke

Tuke Senior Member

Yeah i got that part but it sounds like i should go back to the spot and start fixing shit. Paint, fuck up, learn and move to the next one

17. Mildstyles

Mildstyles Elite Member

Every piece is going to have weakspots my man. It's criticism to point out what to work on for the next piece in order to progress and do better next time. When its all taken into account it'll build you into a better piecer and a more confident writer

18. Tuke

Tuke Senior Member

Lol i know and i appreciate criticism. You missed my point but whatever. Anyways thanks for constructive feedback

19. Mildstyles

Mildstyles Elite Member

Noor not bad but def not intermediate. The letters are fine, just work on cleanliness for next time. But that 3d is super fucked up. If its going to the right and downwards, there should be 3D under those letters on the bottom. and the inside of the R is completly wrong (same for the inside of the O's as well), the 3D should be on the vertical bar of the R not the loop, and to the right of that vertical bar. Work on 3d and cleanliness and you'll be alright

Tuke I got your point, its pretty obvious you clearly aren't going to go back and fix it. No one does that. But posting a painted piece on the internet, youre going to get crits on what is wack. Ill crit sketches and painted shit alike, it doesnt matter if you "already painted it and arent going to go back to fix it", im just giving advice and criticism on the piece. This is especially true for you because the K in the sketch was bad, and you then painted it. That's making the same mistake twice, whether you realized it was bad or not. Me pointing it out is bringing it to your attention that the K wasnt good, cuz that obviously slipped through your review when you were transitioning the sketch to the wall.

Omlet your hands are always steezy u mf wizard

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  20. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

YO! dope tag omlet!

tuke, just keep painting and improving dude, not gonna give you no captain obvious crits... just keep plugging regularly and you'll be at the level you're after in about a couple years time in my estimation. then it's downhill, style-wise