Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Roller Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by pasegrwasc, Sep 11, 2009.

Share This Page

1. lilbmxking

lilbmxking Senior Member

nuff said

2. Queezy

Queezy Elite Member

Yeah it's honestly pretty easy, here is my first roller(I went back and did a black outline/3-d on it, but haven't flicked it. Once I get more bucket paint i'm so down to do another one.
    View attachment 521988

3. charles bronson

charles bronson Senior Member

what i thought was funny about the mta roller buff was this:

if your going to paint over it in a shade of white basically why didnt they just buff all the black out with white and it would have just been one big solid white block instead of going over the entire thing and wasting all that paint?! haha

4. Queezy

Queezy Elite Member

They needed to use "economical paint" rather than oil based paint. The government is fucked up bro, they cut funding in california schools but spent millions to buff the saber and mta roller when nobody in that are gives a shit about graffiti because the river is a shit hole anyways. So lame.

5. LoraHup

LoraHup New Member

The Roller T

Downloading leaks = thumbs down awesome thread idea though

I have a stalker who is about 30 and admitted they liked me today very afraiiiiid and they know where I work, eeeeeeep.

Im 19 by the way but told her rather bluntly online how I felt, other than thatto life. Nile o so sooon.

6. JayAyDubZed

JayAyDubZed Senior Member

Toy question: The whole cracks in roller thing. Do some people like do huge lines as the cracks then just make it thinner with the fill color?

7. rone

rone Senior Member

ive never done one, but i would just use straight bucket paint. is there something wrong with that?

8. jiveONE

jiveONE Senior Member

so does it matter whether or not you use exterior paint? Cause i used kilz interior for a roller bomb a month ago and its still there; no fade.

9. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

MAYBE if you want it to last a million years but i used interior paint for a roller about a year ago. i went about two weeks ago and its still in really good condition. the paint faded in a few areas but i re touched it with some spray paint and covered up some toy that wrote his name in the k.

10. zennegen

zennegen Banned

i think the reason they call it interior paint is because there's no fumes that can harm you in the paint, whereas exterior paint might smell of have toxic fumes. just a guess.

11. Stuck

Stuck Elite Member

k somone set this shit straight cus i wana know what to get and wat not to get next time i hit up the stores....
    i know i need two rollers, two paint holders and an extendable rroller stick
    what i dont know is what kinda paint works best outdorrs, (last longest, no fade)
    and also what to thin shit down with.... i think some paints cant be thined by certian stuff? etc
    also if you watch the norm roller video he has a big white bucket full of white paint i think but he puts some shit on the roller before dippin shit into the paint? anyone know wha the deal with that is heres the link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_tvQNptmAM

12. zennegen

zennegen Banned

13. Stuck

Stuck Elite Member

fuck it ill just go ask the retards at home depot for their advice on what paint to use outdoors....

14. jiveONE

jiveONE Senior Member

lol aight...cause i wen to sherwin williams and asked for exterior paint and the dude there was a friggin paint expert...it kinda threw me off. I'll do my homework on cheap paints. thanks! :]

15. EST2007

EST2007 Elite Member

could be just water.. i've thinned roller paint with water and it was fine

interior vs exterior paint.... dude it dosnt really matter, it's gonna last a long time no matter what. one thing to be mindful of is the weather when you lay the paint. if it's really cold out , eventually the paint will start to peel off the wall becasue it doesnt get a chance to "cure" correctly due to the cold.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  16. neb3636

neb3636 Banned

Use the edge of the roller

17. tip while doing rollers wear shitty clothes for sure which is why i checked this thread
    does anyone know of how to get roller paint of jeans and sweaters? If so pm me would
    be much appreciated

18. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

go to sherwin williams and just ask them
    roller paint is bucket paint, so its no different than the average house painter asking how to get paint off their clothes

19. true for some reason i didnt think of that thanks man

20. 408Bomber

408Bomber Senior Member

Still hard to beleave they buffed saber's stuff.