Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

-Weekly Handstyle Battle-

Discussion in 'Battle Forum' started by bugs-one, Oct 22, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Bants

Bants Senior Member

2. domestizo

domestizo Senior Member

3. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Man my style sucks so bad its laughable...lol...how have yall not kicked me out yet

4. Bants

Bants Senior Member

brother, style is learned but its like a finger print. everyone is welcome because all of us have been there... dont give up, kill books man... kill books.

5. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Yea i know...i just look at everyones and im like damn thats sick! Then look at mine and not so pleased. I just criticize myself...i know it will come with time...

6. Tuke

Tuke Senior Member

As said before smash paper. Smash markers. Again and again, it will come naturally since you add a bit of progress to every single tag you do.

7. Aspyre

Aspyre Member

aoi63.tinypic.com_11grqk1.jpg

XxsY.jpg

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  8. Theillfunkfreaka

Theillfunkfreaka Elite Member

Everyone has to start at the basics. And everyone has felt how you're feeling. Let it fuel your passion. Just like the other replies, just practice practice practice. 10,000 hours homie. But also, one thing that helped me along my way, visualize it. What I mean is, your brain has an idea of what looks ill and what doesn't. Think about exactly how you want it to look, and when it doesn't come out right, erase until it does. Your know if it looks wrong or right, trust that judgement.

All that aside, I'm hyped you continue to try and keep drawing and posting. Do your best and fuck the rest

9. domestizo

domestizo Senior Member

Great words ILL! If ever I have free time, I doodle, sketch, and tag! My muscle memory always leads me to a certain style or feel, but some days I go against the grain and try a different direction. Just let it flow. If you f up, on to the next page. I’ve been writing in all caps since I was 16, so lower case letters are my nemesis, but I will still attempt them. Peep textures, ornate styles, lighting on plastic... Try different markers. Grab a chisel tip and twist that bitch, try a micron brush and funk it with pressure! I like dry erase, bullet tip markers and the way they bleed. I’m on a tangent now, but like iLL said, “Do your best & F the rest”! I see your progress Sug! You’re doing it!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  10. knowme

knowme Senior Member

Fuckit, if everybody else is gonna chime in with some advice for noobs I might as well.

The thing most people don't understand about handstyles is that a good handstyle can only come from good handwriting. Learn and be extremely comfortable with basic block lettering, italics, cursive lowercase and then move to weirder shit like reverse italics (which are used almost exclusively in graf), brush stroke and gothic calligraphy. Once you understand how a letter is constructed in all these different ways, you'll be in a far better position to bend and break the rules to create a style that you can call your own. There's very little to be achieved in trying to straight up copy handstyles by your favourite writers - they have a level of hand/nib control that you're years from mastering, and already know their letterforms. Learn your letters first, it will directly inform your handstyle. It looks really easy, it isn't, so practice.

Pic to show what i'm talking about.
    basicfonts.jpg

11. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Thanks guys i appreciate all of yalls words of encouragement....i just got to remember im still new and still have alot to learn, i have seen progression in my work!:) i got to keep working on my hand style thats a area i think im weakest...but at least i know what my weaknesses are so i can improve. Thanks guys im about to burn books:cool:

12. Bants

Bants Senior Member

hahaha look at this lovey dovey shit! fuckin internet.... and the fact that i get all emotional when im drunk... Knowme i know you have a sick handstyle bank... throw one in bro...

13. knowme

knowme Senior Member

2nd try (first is behind it)

minds eye.jpg

14. Bants

Bants Senior Member

yup! straight fire.

edit: that Y tho... i always dug your handyrock...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  15. StamplordKcK

StamplordKcK New Member

Couldnt decide......
    Enjoyed the fuck out myself!!! Some of ya'll got some straight heat...
    mindseyered.jpg mindseyeblack.jpg

16. hungover

hungover Elite Member

Winner of the Back to Basics battle is: hungover

1228980_1d19c63b9e9e70fa4edacc730be4e80f.gif

now, lets vote:
    SUG
    SUG.jpg

ASPYRE
    ASPYRE.jpg

BANTS
    BANTS.jpg

DOM
    DOM.jpeg

ILL ILL.jpg

STAMP
    STAMP.jpg

TUKE
    TUKE.jpg

GUM
    GUM.jpeg

KNOWME
    KNOWM.jpg

hungover
    HUNG.jpg

17. Bants

Bants Senior Member

Knowme gmv, hungover 2nd...

18. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Bants gmv...knowme is a close second

19. domestizo

domestizo Senior Member

Tuke gmv. Tuff choice. All are dope styles!

20. StamplordKcK

StamplordKcK New Member

BANTS gmv....super close yall