Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What Not To Bring When Bombing.

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Shrink, Nov 25, 2004.

Share This Page

1. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Taking a phone Bombing (even in airplane mode, or turning it off and on when you go) is never a good idea. GPRS tracking, which constantly goes on in the background can, and has been used against others, to tie them to a specific area at a specific time. Its not necessarily what you'll get caught for, but its a major nail in the coffin once taken as evidence. Its something that they don't even need the Network providers permission to do. Their permission is only required for accessing previously deleted data, and is rarely ever given, even in terrorism cases.

Sorry if it seemed a bit ranty... but phones are always a no no.

2. DFEKT1

DFEKT1 Senior Member

I never bring anything I don't need or ain't gonna use.
    I'm 4'3 so my legs are little as shit, no time to dip with heaps of gear
    that's just gonna get taken if i get caught.

3. Asop

Asop Member

Damn I thought you were kneeling in this pic lol

Defekt1.jpg

4. ARCOS

ARCOS Member

Never bring your black book just take a sketch on a piece of paper

5. 4YOU2

4YOU2 Member

1 - plastic bag with cans in
    2 - keys
    3 - phone
    4 - gloves

6. Ray of Today

Ray of Today Elite Member

Let me clarify some shit re: your phone. 1st, overall smart phones are more evil than good. Less the point here, except for where someone pointed out that all their info is on there if it gets taken. And seeing how the feds have cracked cell phones without any permission, etc.... Anyhow, back on topic. I wouldn't discuss shit over your phone or through text, and I would turn it off before heading out to whatever spot you're going to because of the ability to locate where you've gone. The important piece here- wrap your phone in tin foil- it can't send/receive a signal then. Test it out at home and see. But bring your phone with you, could help save your ass. Set it to silent so if you have to turn it on you can do so without making any noise. Got pinned in by the cops once, managed to escape a tight situation and had to lie low. Had to call someone to come recon the area so I could make it safely back to my car. Phone came in handy that day.

7. 4YOU2

4YOU2 Member

Cops aren't going to track you using your phone for graffiti.

What if I wrap my phone in tin foil and the cop thinks its a sandwich and eats it?

8. quickiehand

quickiehand Senior Member

wrapping my old ass nokia in foil would make more sound than no foil anyway

9. echoV

echoV Senior Member

usually they won't check your phone, but if your city thinks graff is a big enough problem that they'll "throw the book" at you if they catch you, they will try to link EVERY piece of graff to you, and using your phone is one tool that they can use to claim that you're guilty of all those others, which is why ppl don't store their own flicks in their own phone. Same thing with the blackbook-- if you're out there and get caught painting with a blackbook on you, every page is going to get compared to every graff 'crime' they haven't solved in the hopes of pinning it all on you. I even heard a cop, in an interview, say that 'writers don't write just a single name, they have multiple nicknames that they spraypaint...' which is a fail on their part because he said that based off someone's blackbook which had exchanges in it from OTHER writers, so imagine what EXTRA charges that dude caught because he decided to bring his exchange BB out to paint.
    don't help these barrelled assed donut munchers do THEIR job.

10. Ray of Today

Cops may not use the phone against you for one incident, but as dude above pointed out, they will use it to build a case if they can.

11. quickiehand

ye a jokes just a joke

altought it varies from country to country and especially continent at which point cops can actually cross that line to my personal shit and graffiti isnt huge or a big problem in my country atleast at the moment.
    they would need a pretty big case/bommer to waste resources to gather a case about graffiti here

12. echoV

echoV Senior Member

...don't underestimate the United States' willingness to throw-away money on stupid shyt
    haha

13. quickiehand

ye i dont lol, good thing im from eu

you would have to bomb shitload of stuff that they would make a case here and prolong the arrest to gather more evidence
    shit sounds like a movie tho

14. Zeusxl

Zeusxl Member

Never bring sketches or photos (if you can't memorize it you should quit) more than one joint, weapons, a phone that's not on silent... And most importantly never bring toys they will get you busted for sure!

15. Zeusxl

Zeusxl Member

Oh yeah if the shit hits the fan, run dump everything and if your caught just say "no comment...no comment... I'd like to speak to a lawyer..." Etc.

Don't fall for the cops pally pally bullshit they will try to make you implicate yourself.

16. echoV

echoV Senior Member

nothing wrong with bringing a toy, if there was, there'd be no new shyt ever coming out
    use 'em to post look-out... OR, as you're starting the outline of a throw/piece and moving on, they can start filling that shit to save you time
    use em to be cap-swappers and paint-fetchers.. use em to clean-up any mess y'all make..
    you can also teach em what you've learned: what to do and what not to do

17. 0113

0113 Senior Member

I've seen writers which have been active for years with sketches etc. for their wildstyles. Do it myself all the time as well. If you draw something just before going out, how you're going to memorize that unless you're an elephant? Never a bad idea to bring something to defend yourself either, altough I'll just use my hands and cans. Last, according to you never bringing toys because they'll snitch your ass. A toy is someone who's (most likely) new to the graffiti scene, not by definition someone who's new to the law. I'd rather have a 'toy' who knows the score in court then someone who you don't know but can throw some letters on a wall. Could be me, but pretty lame post.

18. Ray of Today

Or maybe both valid points. I might phrase it more as don't bring an uneducated toy. Bringing a sketch carries risk if caught, the best thing you can do is memorize your sketch but yes, people do bring them. AND, just because someone is an O.G. famous writer dosen't mean their whole game is on point. OR, some have been busted before, the cops know who they are, so they choose not to care about shit like having a sketch with them.

19. 0113

0113 Senior Member

We're talking about a sketch, not a book. I'd eat my sketch if I knew I'd be fucked.

20. Ray of Today

Glad you're able to follow the conversation.

To explain one thing to the various arguers here, people are giving advice based on their, or other's, past mistakes, mishaps, close calls, etc. It doesn't matter if it happened to you, you don't think it could ever happen, etc. People are sharing knowledge. You can choose to argue it all you want or you can learn from others to help strengthen your game.

Just saying.