Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Belief In A Higher Power; Please Remain Respectful

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tonedope, Sep 12, 2005.

Share This Page

1. anti-anti-crime

anti-anti-crime Elite Member

freedom is something that is granted to you. if you dont deserve it you dont get it. thats what i think. but religiously i think that god doesnt exist. ok.

2. -HLK-

-HLK- Member

no.
    being agnostic is just to not believe anything: you dont believe in the existence of any ''higer power'' and you dont believe in the non-existence of it (just like atheist do). The reason why is just because agnostic people think that no one can really know the answer. Being agnostic is to recognize your total ignorance on these questions.
    But it doesnt make it impossible to have beliefs. But it makes you keep in mind that your beliefs may be wrong.

Personnally, i am an atheist and also an agnostic. I dont believe in god, even if i know i may be wrong about it. But thats a risk i can take.Sometimes you have to make choices..

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  3. Noddles912300

Noddles912300 Senior Member

If Vulture reads this, The Bible was written around the same time Jesus was born.(Back maybe 30BC?) Buddhism was established in 1200BC, long before Christianity, and it also had written records. So what makes the Bible the truth and Buddhism false?

Vagrant: About the people pushing religion on you, atleast they have good intensions. They believe that you will be punished and thus are trying to prevent you from that. Maybe it's just me, but I enjoy having people try and save me, cause that means they person atleast somewhat cares what happens to you.

Higher Power? Far as I know, Even if there was, why would and omnipotent, omniscience and omnipresent being care what you think? If you were in Gods' position, would you answer every ones prayers? That includes the entire universe, not just earth.
    God doesn't need to help you. Nothing verifies 100% that he is doing anything.

4. -HLK-

-HLK- Member

^^anyway god is either dead or he just let the world go its own way...if there's a ''god''..

5. Proper

Proper Elite Member

God doesn't interfere with your decisions. God doesn't interfere with anything earthly. He gives us our freedom and if we choose to find him with our freedom, great. If you don't, that's what you chose and no one else but yourself can be held responsible for that. It's our decisions that made earth/humanity this way, and not God's will. We wanted this for ourselves. Not God.

6. Noddles912300

So God doesn't listen to peoples prayers?

7. Proper

Proper Elite Member

8. Nem

Nem Elite Member

if you exist as a human, you deserve complete and total freedom. always. i am free. because im not being oppressed by things that dictate what i choose in my life. my opinions come from my own thoughts. from my own experiences and ideas. and i take them from learning everything i can about a religion or a belief system. so i can decide for myself what i want to commit my faith to. and i feel like i have done that.

the bible has some great stories that symbolize virtue and good morals and all that but its the people who take it literally or feel like they have to live by a code to get out of "hell". The bible was created by man. how can it be regarded as divine? all the disciples were having "visions" too when god spoke to them. thats pretty outlandish.

and i dont really like the book of genesis very much. Particularly when moses comes down from mount sion and slaughters a community just because they worship a golden calf statue. At that point i would say 'Paganism' turned from earth based to 'satanic' in the eyes of everyone in the world. done by the people in power. who take religion and start enforcing its laws upon the people. america for one....

www.zeitgeistmovie.com
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6030443037963555139

worth the watch for any intelligent, right thinking human being. i assure you. make your own decisions.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  9. XskeletorX

XskeletorX Senior Member

word.

10. -HLK-

-HLK- Member

^^its an interesting point of view i was not used to hear from persons that do believe in the existence of god ( i guess you do) and that would also be mine if i was proved that god exists.
    But do you think god wanted something for us even if he doesnt make it happen; like do you believe in the concept of ''right'' and ''wrong''?

11. Olick

Olick Elite Member

its free will. one thing God gave us compared to other living things is a concience. unlike an animal its in thier nature or instinct to do what they do. thier hungry. they eat. they dont realize that killin is wrong or w/e. our concience tells us whats right and wrong but its out free will that we have that chooses our conciquences.

word

12. Noddles912300

Gods are only strong as we make them. If all human kind was destroyed tomorrow, would there still be Gods on earth?
    Olick-Concience stems from the limbic brain. All mammals have limbic brains but, it can be tampered with. A sociopath lacks a sense of right and wrong because of defects in the limbic brain, so are they still humans?
    Also right and wrong are concepts taught, a child will take candy as they please but, until they are taught stealing is wrong, they will continue to do so.

13. Olick

Olick Elite Member

id rather believe in God and realize Hes not real
    then not believe in Him and go to hell

^^^alien vs. predator...they were talkin bout a gun but it still works. :D

14. Proper

Proper Elite Member

God's cool, yo.

15. Noddles912300

Olick-When people have faith because they reap reward and fear punishment after death, we have reached a sad time.
    Fear of hell is not a reason to believe a God.

16. garbage down tha way

garbage down tha way Elite Member

Atheism is played out, its more of a trend than a belief.

Agnosticism just means youre a fucking coward. I am agnostic.

Christianity has the right idea, but the wrong attitude. kind of like peta.

17. ~~>ANTIK<~~

~~>ANTIK<~~ Senior Member

everyone who doesnt believe in GOD watch dis!! its only like a 2 min vid so dont worry...

it will explain how the universe began and why GOD was the one who made it all happen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2RD4vTuPN0

18. Olick

Olick Elite Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzXF7YUyU2c

how to piss of an athiest.
    #34 "say that God cant reveal himself with any real proof. because that would remove the need for faith"

thats actually a good one that makes sense for all you kids who say "prove he existS"

19. Noddles912300

I watched the piss off an atheist video...erm, was that suppose to be insulting towards atheists or christians?

Antik-Very well done video. Had good points given, but the big bang theory doesn't mean everything came from nothing. Big bang theory is that the energy being eternal would also have gravity (E=MC2, so all energy is a form of matter.) and this gravity over time brings all energy etc back together, condenses into an objects almost infinate in density. After a while all energy is released creating universe.

One point I think they missed was how is something omniscience and omnipotent? <===If anyone can give a good explanation for that Kudos 4 u!

Garbage-I would have to say all religions have the right idea and wrong attitude. Personally I think that all religions are fine, long as it isn't harming others. No one religion will ever be right.....unless we become facists.

20. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

Im sick and tired of Creationists who use the argument that Evolution is nothing but random chance.
    Evolution has NOTHING TO DO WITH RANDOM CHANCE.
    rather, it has everything to do with Natural Selection.
    Fucking people don't even understand evolution when they're trying to argue against it.