Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Belief In A Higher Power; Please Remain Respectful

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tonedope, Sep 12, 2005.

Share This Page

1. whosthisguy

whosthisguy Senior Member

this movie is amazing.

2. Olick

Olick Elite Member

3. GOVKILLZ

GOVKILLZ Member

i agree with both evo and god and what not... but there are alot of god like stuff i dont find possible... i dunno i have my belifz on stuff...

4. iJiZzCoLoUrS

iJiZzCoLoUrS Senior Member

Theres somethin up there

5. 00-made-00

00-made-00 Elite Member

Only air and clouds.

6. iJiZzCoLoUrS

first off, i respect your opinion.

second, the first time i really knew there was someone lookin out for me was when i took a roadtrip to gainesville from ft. lauderdale. longggg story short my car broke down on a road with no lights, no reflectors, just straight concrete. its like 330 am so i start pushin my car down the road to find a gas station or service station and once i got there i'd sleep in my whip till morning (figured it would be hotter and more traffic during the day) so i start pushing.. pushed that shit for about a half an hour and im just like saying "what the fuck yo.. this is bullshit what the fuck did i do to deserve this" and i just keep pushing.. out of nowhere i hear "JUMP!" and i felt someone/something grab my waist and throw me to the side of the road.. at the exact moment this drunk with no lights on and probaly going around 80 mph slams into my car. i shit myself. literally. i dont give a shit if you make fun of me. or even believe me or my story. the driver survived miraculously.

the drivers name was damien.

i know theres someone up there, and if you dont, i pray someday you do

im sorry if i have offended anyones beleifs or opinions, just expressing mine

7. -HLK-

-HLK- Member

you know, if something like that had happen to me, maybe i would believe in god or something but it never happened. And i wont believe unless i got a proof thats satisfying to me ( i mean, not someone else's story). I guess our experiences make of us who we are...and if all that is true^, i can understand you now have beliefs

i will also take a trip to gainseville soon hehe

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  8. simple zen

simple zen Elite Member

i've read a couple of your posts today, and i truly believe you were dropped on your head as a young child.

don't mean to burst your bubble, but there's an exact time and place for everything.. shit just happens to fall into place.

9. ThePharcyde

ThePharcyde New Member

Exactly stuff happens its life.

10. Scheme*119

Scheme*119 Elite Member

11. mekosbc

mekosbc Senior Member

im not sure what to believe just for the simple fact that every ones says pray when you need answers... ive tried it....guess what i havent gotten an answer since my dad left... since my uncle died... since my aunt turned in to a crack head.... since my life turned in to one great ball of shit.... so you know what i turned to graff =] and honestly it makes me chill...that my escape... not praying to some thing or some one who never answers back there is no point...i also dont get the bible...its a book of stories that have been passed down from how long ago... (has any one play a game in grade school called wisper down the ally and the 1st person tells the next person and the word or saying becomes competely diff by the end or last person?)) i just dont get it... and i also dont get how there are like 20 bookz missing out of the bible??? what does the church have to hide??? and churches...they make no sense to me...churches are just money hungry...you have to pay to go to church or church dues or what ever....and i also beleive you dont have to pray at a church you can go pray under a tree or in an ally full of crack heads..but ppl judge others if they dont go to church.... i dunno just dont get it.....

12. gcrolla

gcrolla Elite Member

(Christian)Prayer is supposed to be asking god to forgive your sins, and for strength in dealing with lifes problems. It also says there will be suffering, like when someone you know passes on, when you lose your job, etc, but "God" says he doesn't want the suffering to end until you find purpose in whatever it is that negatively influenced your life.

13. sketch_three

sketch_three Banned

why dosnt he make it easy, hes all powerfull

14. iJiZzCoLoUrS

personally... i believe lifes a test

i dont think god cares if you write your name on something

i dont think god cares if you smoke weed

i dont think god cares if you go to church every week.

if you live your life and truly try to be a good person, help others who need it and not kill/rape anyone, your straightttttt

otherwise hell is prolly fuckin packeddddddddd

15. NoFUckingTalent

NoFUckingTalent Senior Member

16. AVANDALNAMEDGNAR

AVANDALNAMEDGNAR Senior Member

Im more leanin towards what some other people are saying about how hope or having hope in something can carry you through. this past year has been one test after another, from having these very strong relationships with people then to suddenly not have that screws with you, plus ive gotten fired from all these jobs i really like for bullshit reasons, reasons i think would make any man angry, but one day i saw a rosary, and the moment i saw that it seemed as though something inside said to me "yo man its okay, just keep going, your doing fine and itll get better" and knowing that, keeping my cool, ive had so many doors open up for me latley, i mean im exploring the medical field after i graduate and i got alot of people, higher ups, helping me out, and ive met this girl that really has her shit straight seems like a positive influence, all cause i just have hope in something, and im gunna keep my head and still tag yo..lol

17. Thrice

Thrice Elite Member

I believe there is a god, but not like your typical christian. I think there was something, not necessarily a person, or even a 3-D dimensional thing that created everything. I hate how most christians feel that god looks like Jesus, who i do believe in because who else would God choose to be his son than the king of jews, wasn't some crazy bum people started to believe. But anyways a great portrayal of what God could be was in Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, which was a light, rather than some dude with sandals and a long beard. I don't commit myself to the bible, to me it's just a book of old folk tales(some if not all could be true) that just teach the christian morals which are basic morals of any faith or belief and are found in everyday literature so why bother. So basically to sum it up I just believe there was something that created everything and I refer that to as God, and yea I believe that jesus dude was his son. In nominee patris, el filli, et sparitus sancti. (SP?) Amen. Another thing also, I think it's bullshit for preachers or any of those shitheads are viewed as higher than man because they got a robe and people confess to them, just straight garbage.

18. Soaroe

Soaroe Member

we all have our own belives and theorys bout higher power.. but everyone has to remember tht bible is just Astronomy at its best .. i would recomened wacthing either John Lear interview or Alex Collier interview.. those 2 dudes have some crazy insights towards religion and government conspiracies ... i think ..personally... tht we all need to WAKE UP and find out our own solutions towards what Higher Power is ... i just hope everyone will learn their shit before the time is to late and the New World Order takes over everyone ... i hope i dont sound to far fecthed ... but Cmon guys .. if u sit aroudn all day wacthign tv and doing what ever the media tells u to ur going to be become another robot in this Superficial ( i dunno if i spelt tht right) World ... i hope everyone is open to this ...

19. Soaroe

Soaroe Member

there is a higher power but ... if u guys are willing to not ridicule me for it ... i belive tht its aliens lol ... maybe ... it is a possibility ... like if u think about it ... in most of the bible .. they talk bout how the gods came from the heavens ... gods being aliens and heavens meaning outter space... they also say in the bible how the gods brought with them new meanings of life.... meanings of life being new technologies ... theres just alot of opinonis and alot of truth and lies but if everyoen just investigated it for themselves they will find their own anwser to what there looking for ...so yea ... just do ur research everybody ...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  20. AoAssis

AoAssis Elite Member

Yea, obviously you don't know too much, because most christians don't believe God is a long bearded dude with sandals, they don't believe God looks like Jesus. God is not Jesus, Jesus is his son, God looks differently there are no images for God. That being said I still respect your opinion.