Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Belief In A Higher Power; Please Remain Respectful

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tonedope, Sep 12, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Noddles912300

Noddles912300 Senior Member

Soaroe-I'm glad your a non-comformist, Just like everybody else.
    About the alien thing, How are you sure that aliens are smarter than us? Just cause they come live on a diffrent planet doesn't mean they are smarter.

Thrice-God cannot be light. Light may be energy but, energy is a form of matter. Also god would have to be all-mighty and omnipresent. Light is not everywhere. Black holes are capable of eliminating light.
    Another point if you could give a reasonable explanation to. Why, if god had a child, would he choose earth to have his son. And why choose the virgin mary? Out of all the different planets in our galaxy alone, why choose earth?
    I believe that Jesus was a real person, but a son of god and ressurected? Not enough proof for that.

2. fredom-writer

fredom-writer Senior Member

everything is energy. all energy starts as an idea.

3. Soaroe

Soaroe Member

very true

Thts very true .. never thought about it like tht ...

4. -HLK-

-HLK- Member

you dont ''have to''..and i mean, i apply this to everything ( unless its physically impossible to do or not to do something)
    right and wrong, evil and bad....its moral bullshit, these things just dont exist naturally in life
    do whatever you want as long as youre ready to assume the things you do...or not
    if god exists, he didnt want anything for us...and didnt let us a chart of things that are right and wrong to do...we created these values and we must not take them as divine or truth

5. peacebomb

peacebomb Senior Member

There is no explanation to were god came from. I was talking to an evangalistic christian the other day and we were really into our conversation and i was like if god created everything then who created God. He had no answer.

6. sketch_three

sketch_three Banned

god created everything cept the ninja turtles,
    hat was the super mutegen know as the ooze

7. Batman_Onest

Batman_Onest Banned

The more I walk the cold dark streets, the more I believe god is like me. Sadistic, living for revenge. A chaotic good.

8. Thrice

Thrice Elite Member

But if god created the turtles and the man who created the ooze he basically did create the ninja turtles, no?

9. Thrice

Thrice Elite Member

Not saying he is a light just a better view than the typical view is. God in my opinion would be closer to a rod than anything....A rod is a 4th dimensional thing that goes in and out of our dimension over hundreds possibly thousands of years and beyond.

10. Rambooboo

Rambooboo Senior Member

i believe god is a entity that has detatched from this world because he is disgusted by it and will return after the apocalypse for the thousand year riegn only to detatch himself again...and i believe no one can explain the thinking or the reason god does the things he does because he beyond the thought of man

11. CHILLEN905

CHILLEN905 Elite Member

lol somebody needs to make a real discussion thread for this.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  12. CHILLEN905

CHILLEN905 Elite Member

my faith is in life. and im proud of the things people have done but also sadened by the way people learn, by memorization rather then true understanding.

13. tha boy in da corner

tha boy in da corner Elite Member

^^ amen

The man created god at his own image.
    He did that so he can explain whatever happens without having a clue of the science behind it by saying that whatever god he believes in made it happen.

Aztec peoples used to cut open someone's chest everyday to extract his hart just so the sun will rise the next day...

Imagine how many peoples died because they had no clue of the solar system's existence.

Its an insult to human's abilities to say that without god or religion it would be murders/rape everywhere. As a matter of fact, more horribles things have been commited in the name of a god than out of plain human madness.

christopher hitchens have some pretty interesting stuff to say on that subject, plus he seems pretty relax about this whole thing,

14. amit1

amit1 New Member