Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Best Way(s) to Practice?

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Cabbage., Jun 2, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Cabbage.

Cabbage. Member

I feel like best thing to do would be to take a giant piece of plywood and some Rustoleum and paint over it with white paint. Any other cost effective ways besides hitting the street? Not trying to go out and look like a complete idiot toy with zero talent. Thanks

2. iced

iced Member

You probably heard it thousands of times but deadass start on paper. Then find spots where no one will see like parts of the side of train tracks (that isnt too visible and isnt near where people write good work) or spots that gets buffed in like a week like for me there is this kmart that usually buffs in like 3 weeks so if u mess up no one will see

3. Wastelandwolves

Wastelandwolves Senior Member

Paper to boards of wood,then to real things

4. T0K3N

T0K3N Member

sheets weighed down with some bricks on a clothesline

5. Wastelandwolves

hahaha Tok3n thats creative as shit, I have never heard that

6. Sins666

Sins666 Member

I just did some tags in a black book then started painting walls, everyone's gotta start somewhere, and its so much different trying to do it on a wall

7. Wastelandwolves

The books is good to start but don't be discouraged If it doesn't look as good on the wall as the paper it takes practice and walls feel different than paper

8. M3D!C

M3D!C Member

personaly, and i picked this up from a youtube video, but graph paper.

9. Arose.One

Arose.One Elite Member

Find chill spots and practice there. The only way to practice is to go out and do it. When you practice you should also be practicing making yourself comfortable painting outside. That's the end goal anyways. Practicing on paper should only be for planning and developing your style. Go out. Explore. You're not a writer if you're only drawing on paper and posting it online. You need to paint. Otherwise you're not even toy. You're not anything.

10. Arose.One

Arose.One Elite Member

11. bugs-one

bugs-one Elite Member

12. kickiticy2

kickiticy2 Senior Member

plywood and backyards are dumb.

sketch on paper and go for a walk til u find a chill spot.

dont go over anyone. and keep ur mess CONTAINED.

eventually u gotta bomb

13. kickiticy2

kickiticy2 Senior Member

personally i think theres nothing wrong with a toy being atleast active.
    decent spots (no sidebusting)
    and legible simple shit

a few seasons ull be further and more comfortable than a backyard homo

14. Travel

Travel Senior Member

Hmmm so people her saying go to walls but when I post throwies on walls I get told to stop wasting paint? Not that what people say will stop me! Its boring just drawing on paper all the time.

15. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Painting walls is always the best way to practice, but as Kick says up above, 'legible simple shit'. Make whatever you do as clean as fuck. Even drop a letter off the end so you can use the paint on your other letters and make them more solid. On a side note, the Irish graffiti scene is one of the friendliest and most accepting I have had the pleasure of painting with. Some real legends painting over there, so im sure if you stick at it someone will take you under their wing.

16. Travel

Travel Senior Member

Ya baqs and ratek live just over the road from me but they seem to mainly do legal stuff now

17. scaper

scaper Senior Member

Pretty much this. Find a wall or anything that no one will really see and just go at it.

18. Adic

Adic Member

I sketched a few things out then just went to some obscure walls. I still sketch and I have some plywood and fans set up in my garage so I can mess around while my kids are asleep. When they're with their mom, I'm out all night "practicing".

Do what is right for YOU! Don't do it to appeal to someone else's opinion. I could care less if someone thinks my shit is whack. I'm doing it for me, not fame or popularity. That mindset is for children.

19. BredaUncut

BredaUncut New Member

First off all practice on paper but you read that before 4 times by now.
    I myself still have toystatus atm but i started sketching pieces when i was 15
    Month ago first time painting a wall.
    The most important thing is having a place where you could paint for hours if you'd like. You need the time trying to make your first piece. I myself just use an abandoned compound in my city.
    Which is the most important thing find some spot with low amount of people ever there prefferably already burned down/ vandalised so if you get caught they wont blame you for destroying things.
    Second one I found out the hard way just a few days ago. ALWAYS go from top to bottom otherwise paint drips might fuck up something you spend quite a bit of time on. And then you gotta wait for the paint to dry and do it over.

20. Misskams

Misskams Member

Best Ways to Practice

Hey Guys,
    Please suggest me any better ways to earning money from home in 2015..
    Please dont suggest BLOGGING.. Apart from blogging what are the other ways to earn money?