Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbook Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by dcite, May 3, 2004.

Share This Page

1. |Fresh|*

|Fresh|* Member

someone know if prismacolors sell in europe their markers? thanks

2. |Fresh|*

|Fresh|* Member

someone know if prismacolors sell in europe their markers? thanks

3. FEST!

FEST! Member

I'd say Deco most def. I've seen some of u all say that they bleed through.....what markers dont? Prismas are expensive as hell...if ur into buying ur shit. It all depends.

4. -kosr-

-kosr- Senior Member

i use letra-set markers, theyre alchohol based and couldnt have a smoother fill, leaves no streaks unless you do a line, then wait 10 minutes and do another.

5. freakshow

freakshow Senior Member

does anyone know where i can get letraset tria refils? it says on the back of the box that they are refillable but i havnt been able to find em anywhere

6. Special_K

Special_K Senior Member

i use primas,decos,pilots and other misc pens and markers. also the type of paper you use is very important the best kind is the type thats smooth and shiny like the type for laser printers.

7. KaL1

KaL1 Senior Member

the otr bbook markers are the shit.

8. dripz

dripz Elite Member

are the new prismas sopposed to be better than the old one? cuz i like the old ones waaaay more

9. enigmatic

enigmatic Senior Member

COPIC markers are the shit. Refillable ink, replacable nibs. what more could you ask for?

10. scape-one

scape-one Senior Member

are those OTR small markers good for blackbooks?, they say they are just wonderin if anybodys got em

11. Bosh

Bosh Senior Member

Don't waste money on an expenisve marker for books! Use a fucking board marker or drywipe, you don't need an unbuffable expenisve nice colour marker if your writing in a black book. Your just wasting good ink. Seriously try cheap shit ones you would never try on a wall on your paper and you will be satisfied.

12. |Fresh|*

|Fresh|* Member

13. KaL1

KaL1 Senior Member

to me.they are the best.theyre basically tiny tipped otrs.

14. Flash_One

Flash_One Elite Member

I might get a pack of touch markers.

15. Flash_One

Flash_One Elite Member

those otr markers are pretty nice thow.

16. |Fresh|*

|Fresh|* Member

i gone pick a 30 special touch markers pack too...

17. -kosr-

-kosr- Senior Member

well no one said anything about unbuffable markers <_< if you meant how people said stuff about using otr markers for sketching, look it up, they have sketching markers with small nibs, that you would never try on a wall, its not a waste of ink, you, are a waste of ink.
    you still need good markers for your blackbook if you want it to look good.

18. scape-one

scape-one Senior Member

well no one said anything about unbuffable markers <_< if you meant how people said stuff about using otr markers for sketching, look it up, they have sketching markers with small nibs, that you would never try on a wall, its not a waste of ink, you, are a waste of ink.
    you still need good markers for your blackbook if you want it to look good. [/b][/quote]
    yayaay those are wat i was talkin about , the thin ones, not the big paint shits, i got 48 prismas and there pretty good, the bleed thru the page like a bitch and run out of juice pretty quick but i got em for $40 instead of 100 somenthing brand new, not that bad at all

19. ChRoMa 11820

ChRoMa 11820 Senior Member

permopaques are amazing in my opinion
    they dont go throuh pages or bleed
    they arent paint but they are opaque pigment and are amazing for fills, fades, outlines whatever .
    i got em at micheals

other good markers are the metallic sharpies and decocolor
    prismas are also good

20. goals set lessons learned

goals set lessons learned Member

what are you guys using for black outlines? i was using sharpy, but when i use my prisma colors after i outline the outline bleeds. just wondering if its just my paper, or if there's something better to use intead of black sharpy. im using just a reg sketch book becauses they dont have those bounded sketch books alota you use, which sometimes look like the paper is alittle thicker and sometimes alittle glossy.