Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbook Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by dcite, May 3, 2004.

Share This Page

1. mind.or.matter

mind.or.matter Senior Member

^Are u filling with the prismas?? and if so, do u fill before or after u do the outline??

I use sharpies, I have like 50 of them that i got for 20 bucks.

2. goals set lessons learned

goals set lessons learned Member

im filling with the prisma over the outline done in sharpy.

3. mind.or.matter

mind.or.matter Senior Member

^fill first then, prolly wont bleed, or at least not as much

4. T_R_O_N

T_R_O_N Senior Member

i like the sakura permapaque markers, they are pretty good. they are also multy pourpose, i used one on a bus window really fucking sick outcome with the metallic blue, and candy apple green.

5. BRAINE

BRAINE Elite Member

i dont like permapaque markers, unless you are drawing on something high gloss they dont come out clean, and they rip up your paper.

i use sharpies, copics, and prismas. i like copics the best
    if youre using paper that doesnt suck up ink really fast (watercolor paper is the shit for sketching, but it soaks up all your ink, ruins markers, and is hard to get clean fills) i would just use sharpies.
    i mostly do sharpie fine point and ultrafine point markers, and then use copics to blend fills together and do fades and shit. you can do blends if you just use sharpies and use a prisma or copic blender. they dont come out perfect, but they look good.

paint markers too, for highlights and forcefields and shit.

decocolor are my favorite paint marker for like fine point outlines and forcefields, but painters by elmers work the best, they dry fast and dont stay tacky like oil based do.

also, when i feel like i have to do an outline first, i use a decocolor ultra fine point marker, and do the fill with ink markers so it doesnt fade or blend or anything.
    doesnt work good with metallic colors though, and if you pencil sketch and outline with paint marker, then erase your pencil lines, the paint marker outline gets kind of sketchy.

doing your outline in your fill color, filling it in, adding your 3d or dropdown or whatever, then doing a final outline in black or whathaveyou, is the best way to do it i think. i do alot of stickers, so i need sketches to look real clean and fancy so people dont regret trading with me

6. -GEKS-

-GEKS- Elite Member

i'm rockin my 3$ pack of 20 washable crayolas, including 5 silly scent markers B)

7. DEAD-EYES_M.M.

DEAD-EYES_M.M. New Member

for me, decos.

there the most common pens around my area, like a ten minute walk from my friends house. the only place that sales them is michealles (spelt wrong).

easy as fuck to rack almost anything from that place. from decos, prismas, microns and even black books. and now paint. my friend hooks me up.

buy decos are my main choice.

8. fannypack uprock

fannypack uprock Elite Member

anything made by faber castel... prismas (if used properly) lectracolor... that sort of thing.. but theres nothin wrong with a decent marker with a piece of paper underneath the page to aviod the bleeding onto the page underneath..

9. To.The.Beat

To.The.Beat Senior Member

Wurd. Connector pens from fabel castel. haha so good.

10. 2WICE

2WICE Member

i use Letrasets. they're bad ass. they have 3 tips, skinny, medium n thick.

11. wookiE

wookiE Senior Member

copic sketch markers are the best. they dont bleed through sketchbook paper and they are really high quality. the only problem is that if you dont rack them they are nearly 5 dollars a marker

12. Ares_23us

Ares_23us Senior Member

Pensil works perfect along with sharpies that have very low fumes

13. Matyr

Matyr Senior Member

fuck ink paint markers are where its at, solid fill, allows you to keep going over and over so if you fuck up you can fix it, looks better and you can use em for canvases too

oh yea does any1 know how otr paint liners work?? they fine point otrs for black books and im thinkin of gettin sum

14. AT AT

AT AT Senior Member

michaels is good . those retards pick the one aisle not to put a camera . the marker section . make sure the yarn section is heated . i could probably live in that aisle . all soft and shit aw yeh when i use like a pilot for handys i usually get a little high from the fumes so i get all creative and shit also brainstorm . colbert sniffed a marker on that numbers im not thinking of game . i saw it tonight . he had a red pilot jumbo that he hella sniffed and the crowd was like yyeaahahahaha .

15. imported_big_boss

imported_big_boss Senior Member

Go here for Copic sets at a fairly reasonable price.

16. ¶$ñÃê¹ <3 BèNع

¶$ñÃê¹ <3 BèNع Member

basically..you shouldnt be worrying about price..cause real writers RACK..but neway...company doesnt matter...every color you see that appeals to you..steal it..keep a test page..check the marker..if it works ok.. your good.

personally i like 'le plume" watercolors and anything else i get my hands on...most art stored have the markers singly in racks...usually i go in with a flight jacket and leave with pockets fullof markers

fjkshgoushogihslpdfg

17. ironik_wa

ironik_wa Member

touchpens are realli good...

...but i use connecter pens lol :D

18. *570 Ambush

*570 Ambush Senior Member

those copic markers look pretty sic i guess

19. geto

geto Member

i use sharpie painters..i got them at joanns, not sure who else sells them, michaels sells 'em, but they lock 'em up with the decos. yeah, i'm cool with racking up with paint. i haven't got caught yet, but i got the combination to the paint. =] oh yeah well, i use prisma colors too, mechanical pencil, eraser, and some shit called "painters". Elm or elmer that glue company made it i guess. the sharpie painters i suggest, but you can't write over another color, it smears, it has extra fine pt, fine pt, medium pt. etc.

20. Super Duper VILLAIN

Super Duper VILLAIN Senior Member

i use uni paint markers which you can get at hardware stores, and i got a 24 set of watercolor markers at a craft store. they are pretty good although i wouldnt recommend them for stickers cause they're not waterproof.