Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Hutz_one

Hutz_one New Member

2. ras

ras Banned

Yo....that craze 3d is tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

trash....the thing being done on computer puts it off for me .... good peice tho...and that karak...lose it ....it looks like a head floting above your workk...good job tho... ;)

tried ATEW cuz i hated the L

did a few simples and then i added this fill and a arrow..

[Broken External Image]:http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/3163/atew1je3.jpg

crits crits crits please..? thankssss ;)

aaah....brand new page :lol: hehe

3. westsida

westsida Elite Member

SIMPLES!!!!!!
    DO BLOCK LETTERS

4. krazzie_ammo

krazzie_ammo Senior Member

ATEW - nahh man! not really feeling this one, get rid of that arrow.

btw, when im filling in a piece i get darker areas where i have gone over the lines. how do i stop this?

5. nemzone

nemzone Elite Member

crazzie, u took graphic comm right? they should teach u colourin in that?? what i do is outline all the block of the colour im using, then colour in single line strokes all the way thru. looks nice and dont waster ur pens

6. krazzie_ammo

haha, we dont learn anything in graphics. we havent even started our coursework. our teacher is such a douché, like an older tony blair, cant control the class.

thanks for the tip :)

7. ras

ras Banned

8. shamee1991

shamee1991 Elite Member

9. ras

ras Banned

shitty berols....which style is better ?

10. WolfBurrns

WolfBurrns Senior Member

Something I did in school. I was bored and only had one marker.

ai54.photobucket.com_albums_g86_wolfburrns_asiansss.jpg

11. Fluffy Bunnies

Fluffy Bunnies Elite Member

12. ras

ras Banned

13. bouncingsoul

bouncingsoul Elite Member

That second one DEFINITELY. That's a great straight letter

14. ras

ras Banned

yeah but how about incorprating the little E....i love that E :( ;)

15. krazzie_ammo

yeah, i agree with bouncy :)

16. ras

ras Banned

whut bout the LIL E ;)

17. TricksForKids

TricksForKids Elite Member

amen, i got a little progression BAWK commin up for ya, well its not really progression at all, jsut without 3D and the with it, but illt be up soon

ras go with that simple, build on that

hutz too squiggly, get some better definition, the simple letters are there though

wolfburns, thats too shaky, and anything shaded half ass in penicl looks bad, so try using pen

fluffy bunnies keep it up, its looking nice and simple

Peace

18. ras

ras Banned

okay yall...thanks for the crits

19. fsmith

fsmith Member

Ras: The fill from the first is dope, but the style of the second is way, way hotter than the first. The little E disrupts the flow more than anything else, and as much as it makes it unique it hurts the thing overall. About the second though, I'd say shorten the E a little so the gap between the E and the L isn't so huge, it looks just a shade too big. Also, don't bump your shit like three times in a single page, that's just fucking unnecessary and all it does is makes people want to crit you less.

Fluffy: I like it mang, real simple, but when a name's that short you really gotta pay attention to scale, because the negative spaces are off. Look at the hole in the O and the gap under the K, they gotta be closer in size so it looks more unified, good shit though.

Wolf: 3d's off, especially on the S. Nice and simple though, which is where most of us need to be right now. Forget the bump on the L and work on the E, make sure you really keep all the letters in the same sort of style. If you're going with bubble, go with bubble, if you're going with simple, go with simple. At this point, don't try really incorporating both. Notice how your E is almost all curves and your S is almost all straights? Try to keep it together and keep it simple.

That's all I can see in my reply window right now, so those are all the crits I'm going to give.

Also, as a note: I know I'm not too good a writer yet, I'm still a total toy, but I'm just calling this stuff as I see it. I'm a terribly analytical guy and I like trying to provide constructive crits so I can see people improve. I hope I'm helping at least some people.

20. TricksForKids

TricksForKids Elite Member