Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. uhhh

uhhh Elite Member

necro- i dont like it too much. i see the letters now. but just. ehh.

bawk- wanna exchange? i write areo, if your down..

2. afek

afek Elite Member

3. TricksForKids

TricksForKids Elite Member

uhhhh /areo lets see your work

fuck all of you that dont talk about each others pieces and bump one piece on the same fucking page, honestly, i put in time and effort to give help to all of you and i cant get shit now and then on my shit, its a pissoff, regardless

Haze, its well put together but the actual letters need some serious serious work, theyre all differnt widths and sizes, work on each individual eltter in just pencil and then maybe try to put it back together like that

dont ever say "theres no lettters but its orignal so it can be excused", if hes trying to go for eltters then they need some more structure, and another thing, hell never ( necro ) be able to paint that, my shits complex too, but i can tone it down to paint, he cant tone that down at all, hes getting ahead of himself

and when i thought all was lost afek starts simple, it looks like it says che? lose the one with the underline, its not working, work on the E to make it flow more, and that handstyle,

now can i get some feedback on my shit?

PEACE

4. afek

afek Elite Member

thanks for the comment

i like yours... but im not one to give the most in depth comments

EDit;

tricks you ever see ahsk one pieces around toronto?

5. alive

alive Banned

my friend tricks.

i feel your pain. understand that part of the reason you dont get many crits, is because one, your style is so unique. and two, ur so much better then most others here. what good advice can they give?

to be honest, thats part of the reason i dont post up here much anymore, so little feedback.

but feel assured.
    ur dope.

6. ASB_ONE

ASB_ONE Senior Member

yeh u havnt posted in a while alive, got anything new?

tricks i comment on your stuff all the time bro, its always good, style is always the same and the progression is nice.

7. TricksForKids

thanks boss, appreciate it, i didnt mean me, im not some bitch omplaing that no one gives shit on my stuff, but i see other kids get passed up too, makes me angry, this is supposed to be a community, if everyone just bumps all their shit over and over again then this fails

8. fsmith

fsmith Member

Tricks: I like the style mang, but I can see some extensions that I think might be unnecessary, namely the right angle additions to the W and the A, the ones on the very bottom right of each letter. They don't really add anything and make the piece look a little flat. On that note: I think the piece would *really* pop if you put the 3d on an angle instead of straight. right now the piece looks flat despite all the work you put in it. You know your letters, and they all look tight, the B is a little bit out of the style of the rest but it still looks good, and I think it's more that you need to find more of the style you used on the B in the other letters. Adding some of those sweet curves to the awks would really make it look hot. Also, the shine seems off as well, and I'm no good at shine myself so I can't really tell why it is, but it looks strange. Maybe try thinking of it from a single light source, like you would with 3ds. Overall, some really good shit.

Haze: The letters need some major work mang, there are too many random spikes and such on those letters. It's not a bad composition but the only thing I really dig about it is the actual outline of the whole piece. Go back to simples or bubbles for a bit and get your letter structure down, work on your basics until your own style starts to shine through the simple forms and then start to work out from there.

Jerm: You've got to really, really work your basics before you start shifting things off the line. Make sure to keep all your letters the same size and the same level for awhile and as with haze, work on bubble and simple until your own style starts to show through. Your 3d honestly ain't that bad, but your letters need some serious work. I can't even think of one of the letters that needs more work than the other, they all need some serious touching on.

Necro: You've obviously got some really good hand control and some good sense of line, but you really need to tear that shit down and start from the ground up. I can't even read it mang, I can see the V but that's it. Don't try to go from tagging to wildstyle man, it just doesn't work that way, and I'm not sure if that's the case, but because we're in the toy forum I'm going to assume it is. Get the basics down before you innovate. From what I can see, you'll probably be able to get a really good grasp on some of the more crazy complex styles once you've done your research, but for the moment start at the bottom of the totem pole and work your way up. No budding in line mang, it shows when you try to play with the big boys and you'll get torn to pieces by the people outside this forum if you try to show it to them.

Afek: The cloud is very well done, and the letters aren't bad either, nice and simple and definitely a good stepping stone. Work on your fills, and try to keep the letters even closer in scale. If you look close you can see that the E is quite a bit bigger than the other two letters.

Now, one more thing I've got to say: STOP FUCKING BUMPING YOUR SHIT. This shit has got to stop and it's fucking ridiculous. Just because your shit was at the bottom of the page doesn't mean people didn't see it. Yeah, lots of the people in this forum don't really want to give detailed crits and just want to improve themselves, but the fact that half the pictures on any page are fucking bumps is driving me crazy. Grow the fuck up and stop being so impatient. Unless your shit is several pages back DON'T BUMP.

Christ, how old is everyone here, thirteen?

9. ASB_ONE

ASB_ONE Senior Member

daaaaam thats some in depth crits
    me next me next

10. fsmith

fsmith Member

I do my crits in bunches, so post some shit around now and I'll probably get you in the next bundle.

Man, I wish I had a scanner, because my actual physical work is so much better than the shit I can make using my dodgy old tablet (thing is seriously over ten years old, and the writing space is smaller than a postcard). All the shit I churn out using illustrator and that thing just look like a fucking joke so I don't even bother posting my stuff anymore.

11. TricksForKids

you're a beast with the crits, and thanks, yeah, i dont know, my favourite letters my A :( and i did the straight down 3D cuz people were getting old of the into the middle 3D, and yeah, my shines off,

thanks for the tips though boss, keep goin at it

12. ASB_ONE

ASB_ONE Senior Member

i can bump some shit for ya hahaha

13. fsmith

fsmith Member

ASB, feel free to bump I didn't see any of your stuff in the past three or four pages.

Tricks: The A actually looks pretty dope taking a second look at it. Your piece wasn't in my reply window when I was writing, so I was doing it mostly from memory (that's why yours is first :p). It does all look pretty tight, it's just that I've gotta get really nitpicky with stuff like yours because it's already above the "work on your letters" phase and it's at the refining your style phase. Also, you don't have to do down to middle 3d, you can bust a down left or down right, and that shit would look especially good with all the flat lines you've got going.

14. Necro-

Necro- Senior Member

i developed my letters from simples. i can post some development pics if you want, but thanks for the crits anyway.

and tricks, i like your stuff and have never tried to start any beef, so i dont really understand the hostility (or maybe im just imagining it). i didnt intend to paint this, honestly it was just me brainstorming a new direction for my style. im going to start making mine mechanical (i guess would be the best word). BUT THIS SKETCH SUCKS ASS, I KNOW IT DONT TELL ME. it didnt turn out anything like i imagined. i need to bring it together and loose the negative space, balance it and work with the mechanical idea a lot. i wouldnt have even colored it but ive never tried to shade with markers before, so this is my first attempt. i need to practice shading with markers.

View attachment 234690

and for crits:

tricks yours looks good, but i dont like the addon on the bottom right of the A, the b's beautiful tho.

kicklip: it looks messy, use a pen to outline, not a marker.

afek: i dont like how the top of the C is leaning foreward.

15. ASB_ONE

ASB_ONE Senior Member

er ya go bro did this last night.

16. TricksForKids

i developed my letters from simples. i can post some development pics if you want, but thanks for the crits anyway.

and tricks, i like your stuff and have never tried to start any beef, so i dont really understand the hostility (or maybe im just imagining it). i didnt intend to paint this, honestly it was just me brainstorming a new direction for my style. im going to start making mine mechanical (i guess would be the best word). BUT THIS SKETCH SUCKS ASS, I KNOW IT DONT TELL ME. it didnt turn out anything like i imagined. i need to bring it together and loose the negative space, balance it and work with the mechanical idea a lot. i wouldnt have even colored it but ive never tried to shade with markers before, so this is my first attempt. i need to practice shading with markers.

View attachment 234693

and for crits:

tricks yours looks good, but i dont like the addon on the bottom right of the A, the b's beautiful tho.

kicklip: it looks messy, use a pen to outline, not a marker.

afek: i dont like how the top of the C is leaning foreward. [/b][/quote]
    Haha, no beef, no beef, listen, i just cant relate to your style because its so different from mine, the only thing i can suggest is colour with markers, pencil crayon takes away from your style, tryin including more in the piece, it looks strung out and bare, and im just saying youd ahve a ahrd time painting it, its just like a couple kids were like:

"yay necro! i cant reead it so its ill!"

lol, and to me graffiti, is all about the letters, at least at this stage unless your doing character, but keep doing your thing man, its all about new styles

17. fsmith

fsmith Member

Necro: Don't get me wrong man, the idea and the control of the style is ill, it just needs some serious refining and some clarification. I think you hit the nail on the head saying you need to get rid of the negative space. The idea of a mechanical style is pretty fresh, just don't go overboard or you'll lose the heart of the piece. Your letters. Like I said, you'll probably have a fucking wicked grasp of the more complex styles, but I think you should try to get a handle on those styles before you try creating an entirely new genre, know what I mean?

ASB: The S and the E are looking mad fresh, but your A and M *really* need some work, they're out of scale, out of line and out of style mang. Find those wicked curves in the A and M, same as you've got in the S and E and it'll really fly.

18. ASB_ONE

ASB_ONE Senior Member

safe smith. yeh im havin probs wid ma a and m i been sketchin hard tho trying to figure them out.

19. uhhh

uhhh Elite Member

tricks- i gotcha bro. heres yours..
    ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n276_joshumms_MVC_043S_1.jpg
    the dark part in eh w, says bawk, but my camera sucks so it just looks like part of its grey. <_<

20. TricksForKids

damn son thats pretty fresh, that styles gunna pop very very soon, its already looking good though, ill have yours in a while, been flooded with exchanges, props tho