Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. ras

ras Banned

^^ not one of your best sketches but as you say...just fucking around...

that cezr joint is clean as fuck..

and linkzone..itd be better if u cud tell us whut it sed....ace to look at tho..

Atew...working on the cleanness of my peices...

View attachment 237576

crits please ;)

2. Necro-

Necro- Senior Member

you just need to do simples using bars. i dont like that at all. stop using characters for letters until you can pull it off, and pull it together into a piece.

and dont use random little addons like on the A and W. i dont know what to say, the letters just... look wrong.

and do simples until you can do them WELL, dont do 1 simple sketch and then move on. and use bars.

3. CoKKeYONe

CoKKeYONe Senior Member

it look fine man
    but you should do that 2nd outline better

4. ras

ras Banned

you know now this is were bombing science confuzes me....okay....ASB sed he likes my shit...FOEONE sed he liked my stuff and i got mad potential back when i wrote Dub...u have just sed its fine...Myl sed i had letter strcutre down ... and Socrates sed i had improved a lot...now...nemz , bounce , necro , alive dont like my shit...so ima just base it on OWN opinions o whut people like and dont like...

5. myl

myl Elite Member

decided to mess around with some eurostyle once again...hope i aint jockin your style on this one baper

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v196_denialchild8698_IMG_0111_2.jpg

yeah i know its rough

6. TricksForKids

TricksForKids Elite Member

i like that F ^ and for the T dont show the line in the top, you know what i mean? just leave it as a clean block for the top, itll look better

ras, do whatever the hell you want, but people here are giving you advice, if some people say they like your shit, then congratulations, but some people wont, like myself,

excatly what nero said, WORK on yoru LETTERS, stop colouring everything, you can cleanly colour, and your chracterss are pretty good, but all the colours and characters hide really bad letters

fucking around with pencil today:

[Broken External Image]:http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/3267/bawkpencilvy0.jpg

7. Necro-

Necro- Senior Member

well you have improved a lot, im jsut sayin.

but it's a good idea to take your own opinions on stuff. you can go your own direction that way. everyone will get better, it's just the natural way of things. you dont need people on an internet forum to help you improve. just post pieces when you think you've really had a breakthrough or maybe are in a rut.

8. ras

ras Banned

yo necro...thats the adivce iv been waiting for...thanks man ! ;)

9. nemzone

nemzone Elite Member

but the fact is u NEED to start building ur letters wiv bars. they look alot sexier that way than with ur 1s now. they got random pointless bits, big fuckoff tumors there, i just hate the letters. your characs are ok, and if u had decent markers u wud rock the colours, but letters are weak. if u say thats the advice uv been waiting for, basically ur guna do what u want, and wont improve. and assumin u live in a town with a heavy graff scene ul get lined over and over. u need to improve ur letters simple as that. wether u want to or not, if u wna go far u have to. and dont act like its a burden and ur only doin simples to please us cuz at the end of the day i couldnt give a fuck if u listen to this or not. just tryin to help sum1 out.

tricks lovin the 3d, i loved doin it like so it looks chrome. love ur style too.,

phew now im done

10. ESCA

ESCA Senior Member

11. ras

ras Banned

i have built my letters up...iv done loadsa simple stuff...and sayin im doing it cuz u sed i have to is bullshit...and i apreciate your help and all that...thanks...but like necro said...i dont really need people on an internet forum to give me adivce on how to make my letters better....iv taken in all the right advice...do simples dont put adons etc and some people say iv improved..some dont...that peice up there was just summin different..cuz i wanted to see how my colouring was progressin...and im getting some decent markers for crimbo ... so from now on lyk necro sed...ima ony post shit when i hadda break through...

and to be honest in my self when i posted this shit...

View attachment 237583

View attachment 237584

View attachment 237585

... did simples like you sed...

View attachment 237586

View attachment 237587

did quite alot...im too lazy to post all them up...

and then went on to this...

View attachment 237588

View attachment 237589

...Thanks

12. Necro-

Necro- Senior Member

ok then stop posting, sketch and REALLY REALLY try to improve. post your stuff a month from now and see how you've improved.

but you do need to try and improve, analyze your letters and make them better. it not going to happen completely naturally, i was just saying that you dont NEED people giving you advice to improve. you can do it yourself.

EDIt: and btw, i like that KEP better than any of the others. the P needs work tho.

13. koper

koper Banned

lookin good

my only crit is your K is bent in a way different manner from the rest of the piece, doesnt fit at all.

When you're working on an angle like this you have 2 options:
    1. keep the angle consitent throughout
    2. make the angles compliment eachother somehow. ex: first 2 letters slant left, last 2 letters slant right.

nice 3d though, i will always love that effect.

14. koper

koper Banned

and please, everyone stop adding "one" to the end of your names, cuz you aint the first.

particularly Are, there is an Are on this forum already who kills that.

and where are all these crews coming from? No one should be in a crew if they're still chillin in the toy forum. I get the distinct idea that all these crews have just been created by that one writer and simply consist of one, maybe 2, 3 writers. Don't create your own crew unless you are fuckin killer, and if that is the case you wont be reading this cuz you wont be chillin in the toy forum still. When the time comes a local crew will find out about you and draft you.

There are guys in my city who rock ridiculously hard and aren't in any crews.

Took me like 4 years to get drafted into a local crew.

15. TricksForKids

TricksForKids Elite Member

yeah i sketched the k first on the same angle as the B but then it looked sloppy next to the W, your right though, the K just doesnt really fit on that angle, and its a little simpler than the other letters, thanks for the heads up inko

Ras- that KEP is the best just eltters piece youve done, like nero said the P needs work but that K is a nice simple, if you dont want advice dont ask for it, but thats what this place is for, so you're missing out by "not listening" to people.

Esca- that style looks like it could go somewhere, the bottom one is my favourite, try sketching in just pencil and then a pen outline, so we can help you with the letters, i like the way you try to make the piece all one though, you could get somewhere with that possibly...but you might want to go back to just simples, your choice i guess

Peace

16. CaliforniaTHC

CaliforniaTHC New Member

tell me what u think of these. crits pleeaaseeee

ai12.tinypic.com_2v1nqiv.gif

this one i only had ghetto sharpies to color it in so it didnt come out tooo good, and i got lazy in coloring it in..

ai10.tinypic.com_43p4jet.gif

crits crits!! please! and tips or what u like, if u do.

ps. my camera is less then 1 megapixel haha so its preetttyyyy crappy quality...

17. bouncingsoul

bouncingsoul Elite Member

Yay pencil! Looks good tricks, but like he said, the K doesn't seem to fit... You could have lined up the left bar of the K with the W so it's straight up and then extended the bottom-right bar further right to make it seem slanted... I dunno

18. AteskOne

AteskOne Elite Member

californiathc...did you use one of those fuckin blow pens to do the background with? if so go die. and do simples man.

19. Unded

Unded Senior Member

I don't really care for the first one, kinda... eh.
    But the second one catches my eye a tad.

What would be wrong with using blowpens? Just mixin' shit up, don't hate =/

20. bouncingsoul

bouncingsoul Elite Member