Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Nem

Nem Elite Member

zep0 - i like that. just a tiny bit thicker. and it would be perfect.

sky5 - nice nice shit. i like the middle one, puts arrows to good use.

well, the wallets not for me. it's for my older brother, lol.

yeah. beanies are pretty easy to make. and people buy them. so thats a pretty good way to get some cash.

sky and bigel are in a NEM battle? whats going on here? im confused here. ahhhh im so toy.

2. Zep0

Zep0 Senior Member

I think its actually NEMS...go to the toy batte thread...you got a couple days I think...Skys running it.

3. Nem

Nem Elite Member

hah. well. i can't even compete with you guys.

just take the name if you want it.

edit: oh. what. i thought somebody like, wanted my name or something. well, im not even gonna enter. because you guys are so ill. and im. so. not...ill.

unless someone thinks i should.

4. ''SCC''

''SCC'' Senior Member

hey nem your e would look so much sicker if u droped the very left side bar thing of it down a little..!!?/.??1!!...
    like kinda inbetween the top bar and the middle bar
    i hope that makes seance to u!!!..?/.?1!!...
    i love ur n for that style

5. Nem

Nem Elite Member

thanks SCC. i'm gonna be workin on that thing for a while. i'll take that into consideration though. see how it all works out.

6. N.O.T.E

N.O.T.E Senior Member

7. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

dope as always sky...and N.O.T.E. look in the new 2 graff thread and it shows the process.

8. N.O.T.E

N.O.T.E Senior Member

9. sky 5

sky 5 Elite Member

[Broken External Image]:http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1651/1232389tu8.jpg

tired, did this real quick so dont hold me to it if it aint on point . . .basicly you get your simple letter and bend and tweak it in a few spots so it look sstylish,
    then look to add some tabs or lil dodads at the end of your bars (caps)
    then take those tabs and extended them into longer addons doing what ever you want with them

started a NOTE freestyle on the bottom but i suck at Os and it came out real real bad . .

holy fuck! its march 30th already? what happened to the late 20's like march 27th for fuck sake

10. Albert Fish

Albert Fish Elite Member

dope sky, dope kover a couple pages back. new ish:
    ai42.photobucket.com_albums_e336_notvdoctor_greenpurp.jpg

11. N.O.T.E

N.O.T.E Senior Member

thanx man for the lil lesson, im gonna do your name as a token of my appreciation don't have a digicam write now, lost it in the subway tunnels so it my take a while fore me to up it
    and hell yea man time flies by fast, i'm half way through my spring break vacation

12. ..SmOeK 1..

..SmOeK 1.. Senior Member

Albert Fish - Love the style, nice outline too.

Sky- Sick work.

zep - Nice basics, keep going with what ur doin and ur shit will be hot eventually.

Ok i said before i had sum sketches before of my the new name i write. Sfeo. Finally got the effort to upload them.

ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u178_Sfeo_Oner_Sfeo_4.jpg

ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u178_Sfeo_Oner_Sfeo_3.jpg

ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u178_Sfeo_Oner_Sfeo_2.jpg

ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u178_Sfeo_Oner_Sfeo_1.jpg

13. sky 5

sky 5 Elite Member

a bumparoo for mr. cheu

no problem man, do a resk joint thoo not sky 5

SFEO - i like how your trying different fills and 3ds but you just aint there yet man, good solid simples that people can tell you took time and effort to figure out and learn to do consistently and quickly is what will get you the most respect right now (other than an ill ass handy) . . . sketch what you trying to paint ( <_< at me) use the color markers for a forcefiled at most, just rock them sharpies hard for 6 months but you will be good, got the eye for it, grasp the whole concept of a piece but just cant execute the burners you see in your head right now, that will change but for now simples and sharpies . . . your name might have inspired me to start writing C3PO or whatever that robots name is in star wars

14. inkbits

inkbits Senior Member

Styles looking fly for sure Sky. Albert fish I like that too man.

On the extension topic you find after awhile your hand naturally wants to flow and they can go wherever you want to take them but they can naturally hold their own flow. Some angles/directions will look right, and some will just apear "wrong" to your brain and your hand will resist them. At least this is my interpretation of how I do mine. Sky's ext's very much match how my brain thinks shit directs. Not sure if I used it or not but the method of working from tabs up to full extensions is a very good way to go, you definately can't just go simple to a full extension without the flow that will come from tab endings and expect it to flow without a huge amount of practice.

Friday night approaching here so will attempt to draw some shit tonight to post to make up for imagless posting.

15. N.O.T.E

N.O.T.E Senior Member

..SmOeK 1..
    your O's are kinda hard to decipher, loose the extensions on it...the extension kinda hinder the letter structure especially for the O..good effort tho mayne, keep at it work on the simples a lil bit more

16. N.O.T.E

N.O.T.E Senior Member

good reap inkbits, ill def keep that in mind

17. sky 5

sky 5 Elite Member

yeah i hear what your saying inkbits about letting the hand just go and alot of times before i actually sketch in my bbook ill do some quick freehand flowing sketches of letters im planning on doing . . i think for every horizontal bar i do i alwys do a vertical bar right after, never really do 2 horizontal bars in a row (or vice versa) unless that particular letter's structure calls for it . .my problem is ill do a fly frehand sketch on a piece of paper then grab teh bbook ready to roll only to get uptight or alil conscious (that word were your over self criticing??), i have to many rules and "dont do this" thoughts in my head when im in my bbooks . . . i need to just let myself go but for every dope ass "couldnt have done that again if you paid me" page i get 2 shitty ones

shit, shouldnt we be working on our team battle :D :D ?? hopefully it gets pushed back a few days so people can finish up over teh weekend

18. dibz

dibz Senior Member

cool colors, cool letters, super cool force field

19. inkbits

inkbits Senior Member

Yeah I'd say we prolly should but should be all good as long as I can work on some shit tommorow (Saturday 31st here). Havent heard from Nicc though.

I dont use bars so much anymore I kind of forsee where they would be, but they are the fundamentals of how to produce most styles and I do work in the same way going from vertical to horizontal and back when sketching, particularly in the cleaning up and inking phase of a sketch. That black bombed looking thing allways seen around my sketches is a peice of wood slightly bigger then A3 paper size, I attach/fix my paper to that and turn the whole thing 90 degrees and back again a lot throughout sketches to do lines. I mostly prefer my hand working in a vertical motion and I prefer turning that whole thing around and drawing with it sitting on my lap to turning a sheet of paper or BB and drawing at a desk/table.

Same here, tis for that reason I mostly draw on looseleaf paper rather then BB, my BB is mainly for bombing. I've tryed to produce very clean nice BB's (or keep a BB cleanish) in the past but the fact you "don't wana fuck up the book" destroys creativity, well it does for me. Some of the best shit in sketching you see is because it was a spare of the moment thing and just came out like that during a moment of being 'in the set' and running wild. Conformity is a major problem for me also and holds me back somewhat due to me taking the "safe" route with a lot of work. For me to break my own minds rules (to not self-crit) where an extension should flow is very hard now, it's the main thing I work toward adapting in the future but ultimately the natural flow is the biggest thing I've learnt. I think that just like it being small slow steps from simples to rocking extensions, it's the same adapting a style to follow less rules of what you feel looks correct.

drinkin' beers hope that makes some kind of sence :blink:.

20. trashhh

trashhh Elite Member

ai3.tinypic.com_2zzp1kx.gif
    teh t is too thin, and i fucked up in a couple of places while outlining. but it being 2:33 AM, i think im forgiven :)

and some fun, well it was fun for me
    ai12.tinypic.com_437cksx.gif

Word, letters. anteup dont listen to him
    i mean how can you take the opinion of someone who calls this good seriously?
    [/b][/quote]
    ohh baby i like it raw... cheers for the sketches hah.. theyre sweet :D