Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Sample, too many addons in the wrong places IMO, the letters wouldn't look too bad if they didn't have all the 'ridgies' on them. That 'S' needs some work too.

Eas, try and make fatter bars, and make your letter flow a little more, they're quite straight and stiff looking at the moment.

Dimr, if you're going to give that curve to the back of the D then you need to give it to the R too. Your 'i' is too plain extension-wise compared to the other letters, looks naked. I wouldn't use extensions just yet anyways.

krazzie, its A3 :p sucks about the teacher. The throws are nice and the sketch in the middle is looking good too, would probably look good inked.

Haven't posted anything in ages so I thought I'd post my sketchy and fast as fuck 'Fuck yuppie bastards' sketch:
    [Broken External Image]:http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/denimg/Graff/sketch33.jpg

And this old throw:
    [Broken External Image]:http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/denimg/Graff/throw14.jpg

2. popshots

popshots Senior Member

3. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

d g- you took a big chomp out of Knews...at least it looks that way to me...

edit: it's mostly the "C", "S"s, "a"s and the "b" and "E".

View attachment 270198

this one...

View attachment 270199

this one, and I can't find the other one I wanted to show...

good thing is your throwie is dope.

4. Edward"Sezer"Hands

Edward"Sezer"Hands Elite Member

sample- your letters are not that bad but not too original. Dont try to do random add ons it makes the peice look worse right now. Don't worry bout colors right now, just do simples work on 3-d the add ons and arrows will come along.
    sacwacko- just go more simple, just like i said to sample dont worry bout colors at all, just sketch as much simples as you can and your letters will transform from that trust me kid. work on your handy too.
    d-g- beautiful simples kid but i do see a knews/cheu influence, but its not bad.

5. Samp1e

Samp1e Senior Member

alright, thanks for the feedback. i thought something along those lines would be said, I just needed to hear it.

6. Edward"Sezer"Hands

7. enigmatic

enigmatic Senior Member

ah ha ha ha that kid got so busted for the obvious style jock.

anyways

View attachment 270208

new isht. nothing spectacular.

8. uhhh

uhhh Elite Member

:wub: that makes meh happy.

and i know i dont post much anymore,
    been getting a bunhca school work and been kinda pissed with my pieces lately.

and i know this was already mentioned,
    but d_g,
    realllly, i thought knews posted something old until i saw that caset throwie under it.

9. alive

alive Banned

worddd up. gimmie a sec and ill post a pic n some crits.

EDIT.

for the weekly sketch battle that should be going up anytime soon. . . . . .
    says melt, i know the L looks like a W.
    VOTE FOR MEE!

View attachment 270209

enigmatic. drop the fucking color. ur not ready for it, u dont need it. focus on the letters, the letters, the letters. theyre all that matters. u can always add color later. otherwise, the R is ur worst letter, make it like a normal R, not like a handy, so take out the top inward curve if u know what i mean. otherwise, just bars bars bars. play with em all day long. and if u insist on 3d, which i feel towards the same way as color, make it shorter, ur not clean enough for the long 3d to work.

sezer, i like it, not 2 much to say.

sample, chill with all that. if u just dropped all the fancy shit, ur letters would be solid. add shit SLOWLY. and to add extensions, w/e, FOLLOW YOUR BARS. they will show u where and how to extend. and lose all the bits for sure.

anyway, i dont rele see the d_g bite, its all fairly generic. actually i do kind of see it, looking again. but w/e. bouncing is better. haha.

peace all.

10. Edward"Sezer"Hands

alive- a perfect example of some mad simples. but if you would of brought back the top of the e to the left it might look better, or just lose the bar at the end of the top of it and bring out the bar on the L more because its sort of looking like a w.
    ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e276_DannyHartu_yo_1.jpg

11. ayeyeiyei

ayeyeiyei Member

Sezer, I like the E on the throw.

Casr1kw, work on letter structure.

Mewt, the general shapes are nice but I don't like the blocky chunks hanging off each other.

afarm1.static.flickr.com_201_471908080_3a88067162_o.png

12. enigmatic

enigmatic Senior Member

disagreed. i got straightletters down fine. im just messing around and screwing with the letters, developing my OWN style. not generic straight letters.

13. Rigon

Rigon Member

[Broken External Image]:http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5060/picture006tf7.jpg

i did this a couple of days ago

[Broken External Image]:http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7205/picture007nd8.jpg

this isnt really my favorite one but its not horrible

[Broken External Image]:http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/4312/picture008ep5.jpg

and here is the latest one that i completed yesturday

please give me some feedback to let me know if im going in the right direction
    and also does anyone know a good way to learn wildstyle

14. Zep0

Zep0 Senior Member

No you dont. Your letters dont even stay in a consistant size. your add-ons are too crazy and the W is just so plain even for that "style" your piece has no real movement to it. Bars and simples, I have to Agree.

To enigmatic...

15. Rigon

Rigon Member

i like this a lot the letters flow really well together keep up the good work

16. Rigon

Rigon Member

wow i was confused

17. Zep0

Zep0 Senior Member

Rigon, I feel that you know what your doing with the flow of the piece and everything but your letters need work, try using proportional bars to construct all of your letters, start with basic letters, then once you truly know those letters like your own body, start bending and molding for even more flow and style.

18. LegoMan

LegoMan Member

DimR that looks just like my early sketches. it definitely will not look good when you put it on a wall. The lines you are using, such as the softer edges and whatnot look alot better with basic ass simple letters. as cliche as it sounds get your simples down and study the letters so you know where it looks good to make breaks and extensions so all your lines arent the same. good luck though.

19. Rigon

Rigon Member

disagreed. i got straightletters down fine. im just messing around and screwing with the letters, developing my OWN style. not generic straight letters. [/b][/quote]
    dont disagree with people who probably know more and can possibly help your "style" you really do need to work on the coloring but the letters should always come first

20. Rigon

Rigon Member

thanks a lot its about time someone finally gave me some good advice now all i need is to learn that crazy ass wildstyle after i get proportional letters down but thank you again