Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. DeproOne

DeproOne Senior Member

2. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Fuck no.

I've been using that style 'C', 'E' and 'S' for fucking ages, they're reasoanbly generic anyways. If you go back far enough, or search through my previous posts you will see these sketches that show I have been using that base style of letters for a while. Long before knews was using them.

[Broken External Image]:http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/denimg/Graff/sketch28.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/denimg/Graff/sketch27.jpg

I won't disagree that the 'a' and 'b' are similar to his. But they're simple letters that have just been tilted and fatttened up, I can't see how one can bite them. Influenced? Probably. Purposely stolen. Fuck no.

Cheers about the throwy though, I don't actually like it haha.

3. DeproOne

DeproOne Senior Member

bohemianbastard - i cant really crit urs cuz its so damn better den mine. all i can do is KUDOS!!

4. Rigon

Rigon Member

Fuck no.

I've been using that style 'C', 'E' and 'S' for fucking ages, they're reasoanbly generic anyways. If you go back far enough, or search through my previous posts you will see these sketches that show I have been using that base style of letters for a while. Long before knews was using them.

[Broken External Image]:http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/denimg/Graff/sketch28.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/denimg/Graff/sketch27.jpg

I won't disagree that the 'a' and 'b' are similar to his. But they're simple letters that have just been tilted and fatttened up, I can't see how one can bite them. Influenced? Probably. Purposely stolen. Fuck no.

Cheers about the throwy though, I don't actually like it haha. [/b][/quote]
    those down at the bottom look good man i dont know exactly what they are talking about them looking like other peoples but im not an expert.

5. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

d g- yeah, I guess they're just simples, influenced though...not necessarily a bad thing...Rigon, learn to use the edit button and don't quote something if it's right above you.

6. CaMa

CaMa Senior Member

Yo d_g. Your letters are nice, simple and clean. Im liking it.

DeproOne that York is nice man. And good use of the baseball!

Rigon your shit is a good start. MAke those letters basics (similar to what your doing now) then tweak from there. But main thing is PRACTICE. And sketch heaps with the pen to save paint marker paint!

Now for my crap... All was done at school so it's pen and highliters!

[Broken External Image]:http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/4586/imgp0247vl3.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2605/imgp0249jk3.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6929/imgp0250ko8.jpg

Crits?

7. enigmatic

enigmatic Senior Member

:huh: does everybody who has no idea what there talking about just repeat what the more knowledgable writers on here say?

8. emel

emel Senior Member

and just to say caz i just read all that beef with ante and casa and whoever else but man anteup you really piss me off , almost as much as those dumbfuck "rappers" in your signature you told casa he was illiterate and yet you have "texas all tha way" in your signature. sorry buddy but THA isnt a word. i hate kids like you who think texas is the shit, its not, and i know cause i fuckin live in austin. FUCK-TEXAS.

nice shit bohemianbastard im really diggin that lower case A

rigon dude coloring shit wont hurt you but when you just start out i think itd be smarter to work more on your letters like alive said

and sezer nice simples man

[Broken External Image]:http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5076/scan0001xn5.jpg

i like these colors but just normal letters didnt try so hard

[Broken External Image]:http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9379/scan0003hu7.jpg

im workin on i know i gotta move the S im gonna do that soon..

9. DeproOne

DeproOne Senior Member

then, you should try to make all limbs of a letter the same width.

sinec fine skip over me...wankstuh :ph34r:

10. enigmatic

enigmatic Senior Member

1. i respectfully disagreed with the assumption he knows what hes talking about, ive never seen any of his stuff period.

and 2. i paint, i dont really care much about coloring with markers. however that wasnt actually my point number 2. my real point number 2 is as follows. it seems like to many people on this site live in like SF and "somehow" develop a chicago style. its because of the internet, i respect everyones opinion, but those who know whats up will agree, internet styles are whack as hell. learn from advice, but meet other writers as well. ive been learning for a bunch of seattle heads. and a european dude who moved out here to. i still dont have a set style but im just pointing out...

peace

11. enigmatic

enigmatic Senior Member

oh yeah and fuck texas. agreeed. ha ha ha ha...

12. Rigon

Rigon Member

since no one has commented on yours yet i will do the honorsfirst the r and k do not go very well with the rest of the piece and should fixed to be more proportionalt (some other guys gave me similar advice) but the letter need to go together like the match
    i like the y though its a nice little start

13. Rigon

Rigon Member

i like the first one ( lines look like they need to be smoother) and i cant wait to see the next one when it is fully completed
    and texas sucks ass cause its home to that lame ass president

14. Deadpoolzer0

Deadpoolzer0 Senior Member

An oldie colored one and a new pen one..
    ai165.photobucket.com_albums_u78_deadpoolzer0_DSC04205.jpg
    ai165.photobucket.com_albums_u78_deadpoolzer0_DSC04454.jpg
    ai165.photobucket.com_albums_u78_deadpoolzer0_DSC04518.jpg
    ai165.photobucket.com_albums_u78_deadpoolzer0_DSC04519.jpg

15. Samp1e

Samp1e Senior Member

16. AnteUp

AnteUp Elite Member

man i love tha haters :) its real nice that u cant keep mah name out ur mouth :) haters are a guys best friend :D (i actually dont really like paul wall or mike jones) i like slim thug, (UGK <-legends), Z-ro, (DJ screw <-legend) there ya go, o and why are you startin beef? i wasnt addressing you or talkin to you. hmmm ok thats real smart :wacko: (and damn if u aint got pride in where u live u aint got nuthin)
    o and i HATE president bush...i DONT associate him wit texas
    (take your head outta ur ass) :) ok im endin THA beef right now, im here to learn and not get shit about where i live from people who live in tha same place

17. CaMa

CaMa Senior Member

18. Zep0

Zep0 Senior Member

:huh: does everybody who has no idea what there talking about just repeat what the more knowledgable writers on here say? [/b][/quote]
    No your letter actually do need alot of work, I could care less about your coloring. And Internet styles? I agree they happen, but I'm actually greatly influenced by local writers. Your letters have problems and going simple, getting to know your letters better, would have led you to laugh at the idea at stretching an R like that. Plus your piece dosn't really stay consistant, seeing how you add a bunch of shit to your letters, then finish it off with a basic block W. It completely killed any chance of your piece moving together. Don't think your above basics...You have to build on those basics or you'll crash and burn. No beef, just accept crits.

Then man, simple block letters, looks like someone chewed up your ish. :p

Samp, I'm feelin the style...dont bend the P that way and loos the bumps, just do letters for now and make you M bigger...

Emel...cant really see 2nd piece, but the 1st on is nice, just loose the extension off the right leg of the R. or wait is that an N? I dont know, work on it though...

19. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

your "S" is your best letter but it doesn't fit with the others well...keep playin' with the other letters but keep your "S". ;)

20. ayeyeiyei

ayeyeiyei Member

got skipped over..

any crits?

sinec, feeling the colors.. the letters, not so much.