Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. garbage down tha way

garbage down tha way Elite Member

2. Samp1e

Samp1e Senior Member

garbage -- funny, I find your M to be your strongest letter in that.

popshots you still owe me an exchange :eek: lol, don't sweat it if you don't get to it.

3. alive

alive Banned

the M is better then ur R. ur biggest prob thats ez to fix is that ur cutting ur lines in too much. like on the N, at the top. fuck i cant explain this. gimmie a sec and ill post a pic, and then maybe u can figure it out. otherwise, id use all capital lettesr. and keep sketching. use BARS. your m would be perfect if all the bars were the same width.

4. nickstix

nickstix Senior Member

garbage...nice simples, i would go with capitol letters though. and when inking over the pencil dont make it so that the bars come to somewhat of a stop on the corners like at the top left of you 'n' anc the right of your 'r'

added 3D and colored it...
    View attachment 270469
    crits?

5. garbage down tha way

hahaha whaaaaat fuck that m. but thank you!

6. BIGel

BIGel Elite Member

wow. my heart dropped with that.

i am happy with where i am. but i am also desperate to get farther. i have realized, to some degree at least, what you said, but i always tried to think that it was in my mind. sadly, what u said confirmed it. i know that i should be trying more shit out, but ive had twoo major problems. 1 is that im not very creative and 2, which is probably the worst, is that i feel very unconfident that i am ready for it. being here for so long, getting down simples simple simples, not using any extensions n all that shit has gotten beat into me i suppose, whenever i start, i cant think of where to add whatever, and so i automatically think, o, well thats a sign that im just not ready, keep sketching simples, and eventually itl come. but now im running out of things to fuck with, at least so i thought.

as for the fills, well mostly, i dont have a lot of markers, and as i said, im not very creative. as well as that i feel like, and ive said it a thousand times before, i want to master, really master, my letters, before i start to mask them in color. but ill work on it.

finally, i want to ask you abt your last sentence, which is the one that really scared me, that this is as far as i can go with this style? what do u mean by that. i have only, one style, and its one that ive worked for years on to get as far as i have. i have no artistic talent from the beginning. think, "cannot even draw a stick figure"

by the way, all my sketches are quickly done now, b/c somehow, my 2 hour sketches come out no different then my 30 second ones, beside being slightly more clean. another symptom of being stuck at this stage for so long, although it helps when painting.

anyway im kind of stoned to be honest, so if im making a fool of myself here, would a mod be so kind as to delete it?
    peace,
    thanks. [/b][/quote]
    no worries i wasnt trying to knock you, just give you some suggestions for progression. when i say youve taken that style to its end point i dont mean that you need to start from scratch. i mean that you've conquered a good simple, which most people cant do period, but you need to recognize that you have to move to the next level. take that simple and build on it like a foundation, add to it and use it as the building blocks for more elaborate and complex ish.

start tweaking your letters, do something you havent done before, even if it looks shitty at first..which it almost always does at the beginning. get outside your comfort zone and start looking at your letters in a new way.

think of them as a living thing, they need to grow. like ive said before, i have a million times more respect for a writer who is willing to go out on a limb and do his own thing than somebody who just follows the style wars model. dont get discouraged if it doesnt look fly immediately, cuz nobodies shit does, just work with it and it WILL get better

good luck!

7. theprokilla

theprokilla Senior Member

writer- the top of your A looks a bit odd and the N seems like a bent R

retn- the T seems to hidden

8. alive

alive Banned

aiight man, thanks so much, it just scared me when u said thats as far as i could go with that style. ill post up some fuckarounds. lol, bear with me then tho, cuz they arent gonna be so pretty. thanks so much.

and as for what u said about style wars and all that shit, well i just want to say, that i want to master, i mean master, however long that takes me, (years and years) "classic" graffiti style. and hopefully ill have my own style by the end of that anyway, but if not, i dont wanna sweat it, just know that in the end, i will infuse my own style afterwords. does that make any sense?

anyway, thanks again, and nerm, heres the thing i promised, u just gotta stop carrying the lines in so much. its mostly a matter of cleanliness. and use cap letters as i said. and bars. and keep going. never stop.

View attachment 270472

9. garbage down tha way

Thanks for the picture alive, I get what you're saying. I just let the lines hang out to show where they were going when I erased the pencil lines. I guess it's not a good thing tho. But thanks for the advice. I enjoy your letters a lot, but like everyones saying, I would be interested to see what you could do with them if you really got down to it.

10. sank one

sank one Senior Member

guess my rant got some of the old cats to come back :D

and i agree with what big el said.

havent had alot of time to sketch so hopefully i'll get some time to get something up.

11. Samp1e

Samp1e Senior Member

DANG all this talk makes me wanna sketch, but I said I'd give it a break for a while.

nickstix -- that looks pretty nice, clean too.

12. popshots

popshots Senior Member

shit yo i completly frogot...............ima procrastinater

13. capitol

capitol Senior Member

14. freakeenyc

freakeenyc Senior Member

15. enigmatic

enigmatic Senior Member

16. popshots

popshots Senior Member

capitol: dont use colors yet and for not use a ruler to clean up the 3d
    nixatix: well done......

17. enigmatic

enigmatic Senior Member

the last thing i did..can i get critz [/b][/quote]
    its not bad aesthetically but the letters need shaping up and the fade is no fade... im not a stickler for fills with markers b ut seriously...

18. popshots

popshots Senior Member

freekynyc: the 3d went off towards the end if u look at the black lines.... some of those extencions kinda weird..... and for the fill fade it..
    egnimatick: the to limb of the K is to skinny and i dont relly like th random squgly lines on the letters

19. Casa45

Casa45 Senior Member

20. popshots

popshots Senior Member

hawt digity daym fellen the fills lettas r relly nice so r the characters.... what markers do u use