Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. whahappen?

whahappen? Elite Member

yea
    and it probably the best flowing name ive had
    reposting for like the 1000th time cause im a whore like that
    [Broken External Image]:http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/4008/picture160cv1.jpg

sick only the 2nd one is decent, but concentrate less on fills and get solid letters down, with all proportions correct
    mek i cant really see the letters

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  2. "echo

"echo Member

3. siZo

siZo Member

4. c.n.k

c.n.k Member

5. sacwacko

sacwacko Elite Member

yes....amk-you rock.
    sKeelo-nice,wut area you write?
    f.r.a.t-nice but get a better flick.or scan.
    sizo-work on simple stuff more.but ur dimensions are quite nice.
    davo70-idk wut to say.
    c.n.k.-dope as hell but bad crew name.but wut evers clever know wut i mean.
    [Broken External Image]:http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/other2/BIZ.jpg
    crits and structer shiz.
    it says biz.

6. FIN one

FIN one Senior Member

calm down killer haha me might not seen it until after he posted or sumthin. i think u need to go way back and go simpler tho sacwacko.

cnk- i really like the charac but i think u should make it stand apart from the letters. like maybe a cool color scheme or something especially in the first one. i like the charac in that one the best but he blends in a lot with the letters

7. siZo

siZo Member

Wow, fucking hell.. calm the fuck down.

Im not really feeling your b, looks alot like a k! Your Z looks like a 2 aswell, i know its not easy to make them look differant but they look very similar in your sketch.

Oh, and your post should be deleted, faggot.

8. FIN one

FIN one Senior Member

bump to give some people something good to look at:p

no i bumped it to let all the new people see what i mean by simple. just start with drawing letters as you see them on your keyboard, and when you get good at that, start to bend the bars and add a few things here and there.but stick with the simples first. ugh i hate saying that cuz its way better put in the new to graff thread but some people fail to look there for some reason.

edit: sizo and sac stop the bitchin at eachother. and sac, the point of being here is to develope a style, no one should have a style really when just starting. honestly, i like his more than urs.

9. siZo

siZo Member

Grow up mate, i give you crits and you cant take it! Im a toy and i know.. but you will need to accept the fact that there is always room for improvement! Your just looking for someone to tell you your great.. Your better than me, i know but that doesnt mean i cant give you a negative crit! I bet you have said a film or something on tv is shit, but you couldnt really do better yourself, think about it!

C.n.k, i like it alot but id say your character is covering it up to much of the letters but its still really nice!

EDIT - Fin, thats really sweet.. ever bombed that?

10. drapes1125

drapes1125 Elite Member

11. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

:(

Pretty good c.n.k., but you need to really work on each individual letter, and maybe tone down on extensions.

12. Samp1e

Samp1e Senior Member

c.n.k -- lots of ugly extensions/addons on your letters, and I don't think the letters aren't that great. work your letter structure and that handy you have in the second pic. and in the case that you're gonna have so much going on in your pieces,might be easier on the eyes to throw some simple colors on there to give some of it definition. it looks flat with just black and white

edit: yeah what sume said, work the individual letters. massive potential, just need to refine it.

sacwacko - calm down man, you're flipping out over someone not giving you some feedback. it happens, oh well too bad. sometimes people just don't have anything to say/don't want to and that happens. sure there's nothing wrong with asking them to get some feedback, but at least be diplomatic about it instead of "omfg u faggot fucker gimme crits". as for your piece: there is nothing wrong with experimenting, but it looks like (as with most cases) that when someone is experimenting they throw all the simple shit they learned in structure and proportions out the window and just do something whack.

sizo -- keep working at your pace. I'd recommend trying to thin out the letters, make em less bulky.

fin one -- lol @ your character, nothing wrong with it just made me chuckle! real solid letters. keep at it.

drapes: try not thicken up your letters, and I guess what I'm trying to get at is to add some flow, some curves in there. hard angles are not so aesthetically appealing, curves and variation will make it more interesting.

sadly I just don't really have the patience or the continuity to work through an entire piece in a sitting anymore.
    [Broken External Image]:http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5295/spa0066bk3.jpg

13. REAL..

REAL.. Member

new 'future style' looks better in person really cant make stuff out on the pics but oh well i should draw bigger!!
    from an angle to make shiz out
    ai18.tinypic.com_4qht5dc.jpg
    the character...
    ai13.tinypic.com_67iv0qs.jpg
    and the piece... :) all crits welcome i think this style is improving...
    ai13.tinypic.com_6g8xmh4.jpg

toned down style a bit and i hate the outline in crappy felt pen but oh well...

14. *Wing*

*Wing* Senior Member

I like the colours, but you need to fix that L and A...

15. FIN one

FIN one Senior Member

drapes-i only saw 2 but im gonna tell you what ive been telling mostly everyone that has posted in hte last 2 days haha, go a little simpler,try to fatten up ur letters and keep them the same size and width not a bad start tho.

real- i kida like it keep it up but yes, watch the size of the letters and the L and A do look wierd
    peace

16. sank.

sank. Senior Member

anyone decent wanna exchange?

17. whoarethereal evil

whoarethereal evil Elite Member

18. Apoc

Apoc Elite Member

I really like the throwies bro.

Sadly I can't throw to save my life.

19. Drakula

Drakula Elite Member

20. Captain

Captain Senior Member

real, work a bit more on structure, but I like it.

guy who did the throwies- I like 'em, but i can't really make letters out of 'em. problably just me.

So I found my loomis book lying around, i read some of it, and I've decided to learn to draw people. The first step is looking at a photo and drawing the person (not tracing, just drawing from reference for experience). Hopefully I'll have something to post later tonight, along with a bunch of throws or something.

Ps. I now have only my crayon to draw with. Wish me luck.