Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Dial.on

Dial.on Senior Member

they are in bars..lol...but ya u better change ur name REAL qwik...
    (stolen.. pen sketch by the actual NEAM)
    ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p236_ENTR_BOMER_neammoneyhj2.jpg

2. Drakula

Drakula Elite Member

Saga that is pretty sick.I think you should get rid of the bit coming out the top left of the S.Also colour in those parts of the A's and lose the mouth on the bandana of the character.Other than that it's great.

View attachment 291850

Just one more scan before I add 3D and colour.

3. Stinky

Stinky Senior Member

Yea Dial your A's are on lock man, really the only weak letter is your s, perhaps try and give it the same flair as your A's but keeping its own identity if that makes any sense. And now for some more of my crap...ugh
    [Broken External Image]:http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1723/scan0024dt8.jpg

4. Chulo

Chulo Senior Member

that neam is up in canada

5. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

6. Drakula

Drakula Elite Member

Core,the bottom left and top right are sick man.Looks like you've got your own style already.The rest I'm not feeling mainly cuz they look sort of bent in places.But keep it up anyways.

7. Chulo

Chulo Senior Member

8. amk

amk Elite Member

Good call Baze..

Drak..aint feelen that one mate....maybe the arrows i dont know...the letters are good so keep em up...they are what matter most..
    stinky..yah ish is growen on me..:)

so..
    i did what bore told me to and " pushed up my letters together and trying not to lose flow "

View attachment 291860

i kinda like these letters so ima redraw them with out extensions and make it cleaner..
    unless the extensions are aight. ?

peace.

9. South-Pole

South-Pole Elite Member

haha someone been caught biting,,

Neam try doing simples ey
    Ras that looks good but that M shouldn't be placed under the a and some extensions have to leave like the one the last A on the right
    Drak Looks sick

coloured sketch i done,i dunno what happened with my scanner but it doesnt scan certain colours and makes my stuff look mad blurry so i had to take a pic with a shitty cam :

View attachment 291861

i dunno what i tried with the brown colouring inside but i wished after iv done that i didn't do it in the first place w.e crits

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  10. Drakula

Drakula Elite Member

Amkah I don't think any of the extensions are working.They just look uneven and rushed.Also I don't like the bits where the letters fuse into one.I liked your older pieces,go back to them.

South Pole the letters are nice and simple but make em a bit bigger.You've just squashed them in so we can't really appreciate them.

View attachment 291863

Finished 3D and forcefield.Sharpies suck balls.

11. Stinky

Stinky Senior Member

Amk thankyou for the kind words, also I believe that you have stumbled upon your most ambitious style to date. I strongly suggest that you settle and develope this into something incredible, easier said than done but, you have enough determination to do so in a timely manner. Shoot for the moon if ya miss at least you'll be in the stars. Have a goodone

12. FIN one

FIN one Senior Member

chulo-the letters arent the same size and there is almost no flow at all. and i would suggest writing something different,cuz if u dont, you'll get more shit about ur name then crits everytime u post here.

dial on- i personally dont feel it. the letters get bigger, the character is ok.just color it i guess.

drak- i thought u said u were gonna post something new....
    ur stuff isnt bad, i would just like to see you try something new cuz if you dont, how are u gonna know ur better at a different letter or style?

13. thesilentvandal

thesilentvandal Banned

View attachment 291865
    View attachment 291866

Drak- You are are going somewhere with this style, and i can feel it, keep up the good work mr.

Neam - Bars.

Amkah- i like the extensions, but the h at the end looks a bit off, you migh wanna try and fix that .

Torn - thats the best ive seen from you so far, cuz its simples .

14. Captain

Captain Senior Member

yeah the pushing letters together think is kinda what i try to do. what I've learned so far: don't stack them or rotate them too much, just try to fit them together. draw each letter in anticipation of the next.

that first dawse is nice.

15. amk

amk Elite Member

thanks for the crits boys
    Dawswk..feelen eeeem...my help improved you then..i was right...you was wrong..hahah i love iiittttt !!!

View attachment 291873

did what you said....kinda..

16. hungr

hungr Senior Member

the first A is crisp.. the M looks more basic than all the other letters, bend the one leg in more and add some random shit.. i think the K is a bit high up, maybe make the back leg a bit lower and that part that kicks out bring it down too.. and the last 2 letters need to be re-done

17. thesilentvandal

thesilentvandal Banned

BUMP

amkah, as hungr said, re-do the last 2 letters.

18. HadeP

HadeP Senior Member

just some new style ive been sorta working with heres 3 trys.
    ai172.photobucket.com_albums_w9_pphadee_aneznewstyle2.jpg
    hate the E and A on this one. love the N
    ai172.photobucket.com_albums_w9_pphadee_aneznewstyle3.jpg
    the E and A are a bit better, hating the Z alot, and the N isnt bad i guess... just i shoulda brought the left side down under the A abit.
    ai172.photobucket.com_albums_w9_pphadee_aneznewstyle1.jpg
    this one is my most recent.
    (sketched in this order)

crits, comments, all appreciated

19. Drakula

Drakula Elite Member

ANEZ the letter shouldn't be all sharp like that.Keep the same shapes next time but use bars to construct solid letters that make sense.

View attachment 291893

20. Drakula

Drakula Elite Member

I don't really know what to say to that so I'll just say thanks.

And Anez you may have used bars but not properly.I.E don't make them sharp or inconsistent.

edit: Hey where did every ones post's go?