Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. TricksForKids

TricksForKids Elite Member

MY BITCHES!
    the bawksr is back....there seems like a lot of new kids joined over the summer...hmm lets see here..:

Fatel the second last sketch is my favourite, youre on the way to a cool euro style but remember, if youre gunna go outside of the box with your letters you cant automatically assume you dont draw them cleanly, tkae alot of time with nice bold clean lines if you want those letters to pop

calculatiing, your hiding to many letters in the first sketch, and that last letter, r? or lowercase n? is too fucked with to see what it is, the throwup on the other hand..paint it...now.

shred, im glad youre starting off with simple letters, but sketches become 10 times worse when you add that awwwwful outline thats like a centimetere away from all the other letters

Sample, hype shit, your first sketch is better, but im loving the M in the second one, dont try to go too crazy, your simple stuff speaks enough for itself

silentchaos, those extensions youre adding to your letters dont work, especially on the O, you have the shape of simple letters down, so keep them that way

Tasty, it looks decent but i cant give crits to a scrunched up piece in pencil, taske time, spread out your letters, and use some damn pen

2. South-Pole

South-Pole Elite Member

Seve-looks ill im realy loving the colouring
    Samp-those letters are dope,you improved madly
    morne-make it cleaner,letters are ok
    cyber-looks cool would look good when painted
    Emel-nice simple
    stumpy-new to graff thread right away
    escobar-keep using bars
    taste-not realy feeling it

exchange i done with dawsek

View attachment 299538

sticker i made

View attachment 299539

random piece done on a show box

View attachment 299540

3. BORG

BORG Moderator

south-pole dont write amen, this is a freight king in the south, not only that but think of who else write amen, so common, be more original

tasty- its hard for me to make out your letters, you should give it a pen outline, and erase all the other bullshit

4. REAL..

REAL.. Member

samp1e i really like that second one i know what ya mean bout the influence but i reall dig it... kep it up.. xD

haha ill keep doing what i want... sorry if no one likes it rofl
    heres it finished and the thicker parts on the outline are intential for 'style' purposes lol...
    ai17.tinypic.com_4qfqdyg.jpg
    i may also draw in on black card one day in silver and hopefully it will look like this rofl i inverted this shit just to see and i love it... lol
    ai19.tinypic.com_62f76s6.jpg

5. Stonk

Stonk Senior Member

Calculating infinity - great stuff. that throwy is so nice
    Morn - i'd say try some different letters..those look a little funny

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v377_Canonfilmer_sc0015557a.jpg

6. HadeP

HadeP Senior Member

pretty dope manz.
    heres shit from my new black book
    ai172.photobucket.com_albums_w9_pphadee_iwoc.jpg
    ^already posted i believe^
    ai172.photobucket.com_albums_w9_pphadee_iwolthropiece.jpg
    ai172.photobucket.com_albums_w9_pphadee_Iwolcharak.jpg
    ai172.photobucket.com_albums_w9_pphadee_Iwol.jpg
    ai172.photobucket.com_albums_w9_pphadee_STCcharak.jpg
    crits, opinions, thanks all.

7. alive

alive Banned

funny. this style now is what i think TRASH's style SHOULD be. nothing personal.

8. alive

alive Banned

and this is gorgeous

although crits, if i may, i at first thought it read, lower case aSS. do u see it? i think the right side of the A just flailed a little much.

peace.

9. Drakula

Drakula Elite Member

Tonk-The simples are nice but only the bottom K is right.Also Make the D look rounder.

Tasty-Very nice,but get a better camera if possible.

Samp-Like the style man but I'm really not digging that A.I don't like the lines that go inside the M and I think you should get the inside bit's completely inside the S and the left of the A.

Hade-Again I think you should get rid of all the inside bits and keep the bars consistent.

View attachment 299601

New outline.Should be going on a canvas.

10. HadeP

HadeP Senior Member

alive are you kidding me, trash's style right now, is wonderful. theres nothing wrong with it, his work is alot higher quality. no beef.
    sample, the style is dope, but the letters should be defined more.
    it'll make it clear'r

11. kelio

kelio Senior Member

HadeP:dope color shitty letters. bring them closer. character has potential.
    Mr Tasty: i think its dope. but yeah use some pen. but from what i can read i think its looking good.
    calculating infinity: thats rly dope. you using decos to color that?
    Samp1e: i think its dope.
    South-Pole: bring your letters closer and work on the top right of that e its curved in instead of out.
    REAL: that looks ill as fuck.
    Stonk: try to keep your letters even. no too bad but keep trying keep them blocks.

decided to post this here since i never get critz in the character thread. so critz?
    ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x108_hoop_blah_Drawing0009.jpg

12. HadeP

HadeP Senior Member

kelio, try and keep everything centred
    the whole charak doesnt really flow,
    the head is dope, but the body isnt centred with the head at all.
    and the arm thats holding the baloon isnt as high as the other arm.
    also with the baloon tran and draw a more rounder/or more oval shaped(depending on the look your going for)
    the ears are pretty dope. but on the inside of the ear try and keep it the same length from the out side of the ear all the way around, if that makes sense.
    also whats shitty about my letters?

13. amk

amk Elite Member

thank lord.

please crit these Trickssssss

View attachment 299629

View attachment 299630

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

well...Alive...i think Trash's style is dope and fresh.

drak...take it staeady man..you going way overboard...like you dotn need too....keep it up with those simple letters you used to bust...the BOMB one...i carnt remeber what it exactly said..they was gurd.

peace.
    And welcome back daddy trickstah

14. kelio

kelio Senior Member

thanks for some good critz hard to get some good ones bombing science.
    HadeP:your letters arent even, i know people are always saying bars but its true just make all of your letters out of bars. even bars. keep them the same width. and try to keep your piece the same size. just clean it up you really dont have to worry about coloring and 3d and shit. just keep working on your letters not saying go all the way back to simples but just try out some bars.
    and amk its dope. color that shit.

15. Samp1e

Samp1e Senior Member

i don't know to take this as a good thing or a bad thing or if it's a thing at all : o

i had some inking errors :/

your piece has a lot going on in it... might just be that it isn't the cleanest cause the pencil hasn't been erased but i think you've got too much going on, stuff going where it shouldn't be.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  16. HadeP

HadeP Senior Member

i used bars before :s the sketch is based on bars, i just added extentions, and i did forget to keep the bars the same width and length, i also added bends to the bars and stuff. but i sort of see what your saying about the width, over all is the style okay tho?

17. emel

emel Senior Member

OMG FIRST SELF-BUMP!:cool:

18. kelio

kelio Senior Member

yeah its good style just keep worrking oon it. it will look good eventually.

19. HadeP

HadeP Senior Member

thanks man

20. REAL..

REAL.. Member

DRAK: i really like that style it has potential...
    KELIOS: i like that chars head work on the bodys flow a little but i like it, its quite original...
    AMK: smooth as usual...
    and bump for crits i know most people hate the extensions but id liek some eal crit cheers... xD