Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Soboe!

Soboe! Senior Member

wtf!
    its swivel!
    i thought you were banned :S
    umm dont worry about it kid, you dont need one

2. Fube

Fube Elite Member

paint pen and sharpie with a side of #2 lead pencil.

3. Fube

Fube Elite Member

bump.

damn i forgot about our exchange dude! pm me again.

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  4. Soboe!

Soboe! Senior Member

5. ARSN*

ARSN* Member

Why, because you can't incorporate an original style in your work or because you just can't read it?

6. JETPACK!!

JETPACK!! Banned

no one can read it. the only reason you can is because you drew it and you knew what letters they were supposed to be.

saroe, i dont like how sharp it gets on the bottom, but im feelin the overall steeze.

7. sketch3

sketch3 Banned

shits straight wack arsn

8. ARSN*

ARSN* Member

What I get out of writing is making people look at what I do. As a writer you have to understand that, people seeing what you've done, going "shit, that's fresh, who did that? why did they do it? how did they do it?".

You can go the same route as other writers and shit, that's fine, I personally don't care if you can or cannot read what I do. Do you think people could read some of the pieces when they started hitting the scene? The writers buried their letters behind all the shit people looked at- the connections, the colours, the fill-ins, the backgrounds.

It's not about fitting a trend, it's about learning to push the graff in your own way. Lately people forget about what the heart of writing is about, not taking up the can because you want to be famous, kid, it's because you want to open people's eyes and make them look- my brother taught me that.

I did, however, ask for some colour suggestions, if you would be so kind. I was thinking turquoise fill, light blue blend and pink characters.

9. JETPACK!!

JETPACK!! Banned

that was cute. but when someone looks at your work, they think "hey, it's that guy with no name who draws sperm-flowers"

basic letter structure isn't a trend. it's so people can read your shit and know who you are.

if i saw your shit painted on the streets, i'd remember you as "sperm-boy" or something, cuz i dont see the letters.

10. sketch3

sketch3 Banned

yea your not breaking the mold, ur just jizzin on the page

11. Soboe!

Soboe! Senior Member

can i get some fuckin crits?
    all i got was "thats sick brotha" from fube
    fuck people.

ARSN- hit the new to graff thread and keep your mouth shut when you dont know what your talking about. and if you wanna bitch me out, id be glad to battle you :)

12. squidone

squidone Senior Member

LOL man this is great, just listening to you guys pound into this kid

p.s. take there advice no one wants to be known as "sperm boy"

13. DECO ONE

DECO ONE Senior Member

First Draft of a new outline idea......i was eating at a chinese food restaraunt...and seen some other piece....and got this idea...any critz? I know it needs alotta work...

View attachment 374924

14. Soboe!

Soboe! Senior Member

its actualy decent ?resin?
    just needs work in sertain places and take away the super long lines. it looks bad and is a bitch when painting hahaha

15. JETPACK!!

JETPACK!! Banned

read before you complain. keep all the green lines in your 3D straight too

16. Soboe!

Soboe! Senior Member

oppsie haha
    i just dont like readin ish in here. its 90% of the time egos, bullshit, and beef
    so yea haha
    also that was my first time tryin that. ill straighten in next time lol

17. DECO ONE

DECO ONE Senior Member

yeah, i deffninetelly need to shorten the lines, i hate long lines.... i just started sketching and this is what popped out...haha, but thanks...any other tips?

18. Soboe!

Soboe! Senior Member

not really, just experiment.
    like i suck so im not good at givin crits but i try lol

19. Bets369R

Bets369R Elite Member

I dont like it. i see how you were trying ot be creative, but it just doesnt work with this one. you can draw a bunch of swirly lines and say theyre letters, or you can draw letters. DRAW LETTERS.
    Kans that throwie is DOPEE. the A needs a little work, but still dope. Your simple looks a little cramped around the N..maybe pull the second leg away a little
    this reminds my of Earsnots style in infamy. i like it. Maybe try something different with the leg of the K
    Theres no leg on the A?...try to keep all your letters the same size for now..and the same thickness. put your 3d at a different angle
    pleassse lose the spades on the P and R. everything else is dope.
    its too bad the R and E are already used cause they look dope! i dont like the arrows. they just dont fit in to me. The heart is kinda "meh" but i get it. (Saroe=Sorrow=Heart broken?) i dont like the green lines
    looks dopee. i dont really like the R. it looks squeezed in there, and the middle add on square thingy could go.

you have the right idea. make all your letters the same size (or close to it) and steady up your hand. shaky lines are no good.

20. Soboe!

Soboe! Senior Member

bets has a fetish for crits :)