Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Can Control

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Kause, Mar 16, 2006.

Share This Page

1. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

kinda

but its true. if you got good by only use'n the best. when it comes down to paint with the lesser brands your gonna be shit.

2. jonowev

jonowev Senior Member

well i use montana hardcore. i used to have some molotow, but i ran out and all i could find on the net was mtn. you cant get krylon here in the UK (or at least i dont think so). i use one of those calligraphy caps for tagging now. random effects (much like a chisel tip - only BIGGER)

3. Sli

Sli Senior Member

back 2 pages, theres people hollerin go slow, go fast, go fuck urself?... i think it really depends on what your comfortable with. Jus buy cheap walmart paints and keep trying... practice when ever you can, even when you dont have a can, pretend you have one. Thats what i do wen im boored and paintless... i pretend to paint

4. youngunz

youngunz Member

get some good cans to get used to and practice and some tips to try out. Since the winters coming- you might freeze your ass off but practice in the snow like in a fresh spot. That way if you mess up, you just shovel it up or mix it around. Its not good for the cans but if its practice it shouldnt matter.

5. anarchy

anarchy Elite Member

how bout you just paint a piece of old masonite or plywood.....? lol.

6. Special_K

Special_K Senior Member

start out w/ some krylon or similar and just go out and practice practice practice. if you have control w/ watery krylon when u move up to the thicker stuff it'll be very easy. In hawaii mtn and molotow are near impossible to get w/ out paying ridiculous shipping costs so the only choice to use is rusto or krylon. a good writer will be able to control his/her paint even if its the shitty colorplace cans, it just come down to the time you've put into practicing. also choice of caps will help reduce drips ie. silver fat might give you problems on a watery paint like krylon but and orange dot wont.

7. SKA11289

SKA11289 Senior Member

He speaks the truth

8. paint fumes have rotted my brain

paint fumes have rotted my brain Senior Member

why have a name like "paint fumes have rotton my brain"??

you dont know alot about painting do you? [/b][/quote]
    :blink: thanks that helped a lot

9. MicoDOK

MicoDOK Senior Member

can of black with a feathery fat cap, took the can of white and went around the outside eliminating the very black part. So you're left with what just looks like a shadow. it's simple once you get the idea.

10. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

11. paint fumes have rotted my brain

paint fumes have rotted my brain Senior Member

thanks

12. textathief

textathief Senior Member

shoulda let him learn before postin up on the net, now he'll be comin bak asking stupid questions like how do u flare or wats a mop.....in the end...paint is cheap use it....ignorance is a diesease...cure it :p

13. GHOST 2-5-2

GHOST 2-5-2 Senior Member

[][][][][][] 252
    []
    [] says:you+practice=can control
    [] [][][][]
    [] []
    [][][][][][]

14. snap_pxc

snap_pxc Senior Member

AND montana.....

15. cn4m

cn4m Senior Member

take it from me .... i started last year and i had money and so i used montana. fuckin mistake. thought i had some kinda can control, until i started bombimg and didnt wanna use expensive paint on that shit, and started using krylon and wal mart shit and im learning can control all over again.

16. seze1

seze1 Senior Member

Can anyone shed some light on the topic of can pressure? Like what to use high/low pressure cans for?
    I was doin some flares with a pinkdot and some Krylon and the can had way too much pressure, so I let some out and had better results. Anyone have anything to add on this subject?

17. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

bassicaly
    montana: low pressure-good for peicing.
    krylon, rusto: high pressure- good for bombin

18. Zep0

Zep0 Senior Member

you must be reeeeeal sloppy...and that was the most randomly retarded thing in this thread

i saw this new decopaint at wal mart kinda weird shaped and has a pretty good color range. I tried one to see how they are....kinda transluscent, and REALLY REALLY thin line capability....and fairly low pressure, i cannot remember the name but theyd be good for canvas...they are short and wide with a pale yellow label. [/b][/quote]
    Kilz...maybe? I love their colors and their caps are like german thins.
    and for the record....

For Everyone.

High Pressure - when you press down no matter how hard as long as the aero is flowing paint will come...

Low pressure - if you press down light you dont get fucked up drips down your hand you get a lighter shading effect

For pieces, low. For a quick fill on a throwie I would say, high.

19. stado

stado Senior Member

i heard montana gold has high and low pressure combined or something.
    when i press down light with gold, it's like low pressure, and when i press it down hard, it's like high pressure =)
    (montana is one of the cheapest paint here, so it's not a waste of paint/money for me)

20. leg-e-leg

leg-e-leg Senior Member

slap ur can a few times, call it a worthless ho... it should apologize and call u 'daddy', then feed it cocaine

plain n simple