Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Can Control

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Kause, Mar 16, 2006.

Share This Page

1. care

care Member

home depot, and to the best of my knowledge its not cheap.

2. The Shadocaster

The Shadocaster Member

ooo My Friend told me IF I PIN A NICE WHITE BED SHEET TO MY WALL it should be good 4 practicing. would that be a better investment?

3. care

care Member

a bed sheet will bleed through if you get too heavy.

4. ~TEK~

~TEK~ Member

Hey, this is a little of topic, but if i want some good caps, (an i cant buy em) what kind of stuff around the house/supermarket is gunna have caps i can rack. Cause the stock caps i have are shit.

5. minor crimes

minor crimes Elite Member

well tek do u have exports? or 5star coz if u get them just go into woolies and get some mr sheen caps and off hair spray (hair spray caps are fat caps) mr sheen are like skinny caps i think n deodorant caps like off impulse (chicks deo) are like medium lines are heeps good i use them wen i musing exports

6. textathief

textathief Senior Member

yeh u can find caps almost n e where. lol some poor person is gonna buy a deodarant can only to b disapointed that some 1 took the cap... but i dont care

7. BRAINE

BRAINE Elite Member

8. SEZ

SEZ Senior Member

if you have the right paint you shouldnt have to let out any pressure, practice, practice, practice. it will become second nature eventually, try use nozzels that you are comfortable with, alot of it also has to do with the pressure control with your finger.

Hope this helps!!!

9. SEZ

SEZ Senior Member

if you have the right paint you shouldnt have to let out any pressure, practice, practice, practice. it will become second nature eventually, try use nozzels that you are comfortable with, alot of it also has to do with the pressure control with your finger.

Hope this helps!!!

10. SEZ

SEZ Senior Member

you can get nice caps all over you just have to rack the caps and try them all to find the nice ones. try deo, air fresheners, etc.

11. ss_Solo

ss_Solo Senior Member

it helped me :D

12. ~TEK~

~TEK~ Member

sorry about not searching, i am new to this forum. Thanks for the tips guys, i managed to scavenge a few fat caps from hairspray, made the fill on my last throwie heaps better. will get pic soon.

Not quite sure what paint i have atm, its just really cheap shit, just practicing, getting a style, learning can control.

13. minor crimes

minor crimes Elite Member

guys in america are most ur cans over ther able to have caps put on them like ny fats n shit?
    in australia our cheap cans you cant put any of those caps on them and the cans are like krylon pressure. so we have to get deo caps n shit...

aussie writers using exports grab impulse caps :p and canola spray caps. impulse are skinny ish and canola spray is fat :D

14. ~TEK~

~TEK~ Member

the impulse caps i used were more of a fat cap... the stock one was skinnier. I dunno...

oh yeah, im using a mix of Squirts, Septone and Export spray... all of which are cheap and nasty

15. SeapNSR

SeapNSR Senior Member

if youve got male cans
    take the nib off and fold paper over the top a few times and test it till its right
    this gives you half pressure without fucking up your finger and getting uneven lines when you accidently press that little bit harder
    lined paper doesnt work as well for some reason i dont know

16. ~TEK~

~TEK~ Member

i dont think i understood that...

wouldnt folding paper over the nib just stop paint from coming out...?

17. SeapNSR

SeapNSR Senior Member

nahhhhhhhhh broooooo
    like this
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v611_seap_riiriiiiii.jpg
    then just throw your nib ontop and your rockin
    this particular can was used to do highlights/reflections about as thin as an artline 90 nib

18. Aven

Aven Senior Member

how does that lower pressure?

19. SeapNSR

SeapNSR Senior Member

because there is paper under the nib therefore you can only push it down half way
    therefore half the normal amount of paint comes out
    foam or felt or some shit might work better i will experiment

20. Attican

Attican Senior Member

That's a pretty good idea...I think it'd probably be easier to just let out some of the pressure though.