Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Caps

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Zeos, Sep 27, 2004.

Share This Page

1. LongQuan

LongQuan Senior Member

Mmmmm, Paint.

Yes it holds a special place in the graffers heart. I don't rack and I enjoy buying it - usually online at Graphotism.com.

As for brands don't really see Rusto or Kry over here... I prefer Montana Gold, cause it's the best really, but I've tried Belton as well. I found that belton is a bit of a chunkier valve system and stank a bit more like licorice wire, or something.

Problem with Monty Gold is that they prefer their own Caps and tend to just sputter when it's a normal German, etc. I guess it makes Montana marketing happy but it's a bit of a pain for the humble bomber...

Peace :ph34r:

2. revoke

revoke New Member

ive been lookin around for some good quality paint on the internet but

evrything is to expenspensive like $6.00 a can. im pretty sure they dont got

none but if they did some1 gots to know. so let me no

3. LOST

LOST Senior Member

i see it like this, walmarts for the fills, krylons for the fine lines. i've never used a belton or a montoya, probly cause waiting for the order to get to my house and all that $ for one can is too much for me.

4. PANIC!FUP_MORE...

PANIC!FUP_MORE... Elite Member

5. JuiceStain

JuiceStain Member

krylon is decent - tremclad isnt to bad either never had the pleasur eof using montana or belton but id like to. when i toss up a throw up i useally just use cheap paint because either its getting taken down or paint over soon time

6. seckzoner

seckzoner Elite Member

word! i love those damn banana caps.
    i used to buy them allthe time from bombshelter. but they dont carry them no more? the only ones i have here are clogged as FUCK! bombshelter only carries those grey german outlines with the black dot. anyone else know where to buy banana caps?

oh and umm i also like the 'skinny white beige' those caps are fucking amazing for outlines, i would say its just as good, or better then the banana. but i wouldnt know i havent been able to compare it properly.

7. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

montana hardcore come stock with them seckz

8. joust

joust Elite Member

another stupid thread from zeos nice!

9. EpserTwo

EpserTwo Member

exactly which caps work well with rustos... i heard germans dont and all ive used with them is ny fats and the stocks

10. panic

panic Elite Member

rustos are good with german skinnys and rusto fatties (the "orange dot")

All i can say is used cheap paint and stock caps.

and krylons got some new (well, re-realeased) paint at canadian tires near you, and if your near me, leave it alone please.

11. glue

glue Elite Member

yea i use those all the time.

12. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

epsr most caps work on rusto but u got to make sure u use the stock cap first to let some of the pressure out cas blew about 5 disks painting trains with rusto one day same shit happened to one of my boys when he was tryin to do a roof top but most caps work on rusto just the gold dots clogg really easy on them

13. denali

denali Senior Member

this is probably going a lil over the top but what i think would kick ass is having like a thing of paint in a book bag and having a tube run from that to a little thing on your finger and have it spray out of the thing on ur finger all though it would probably only work for a outline and a fill

christ i dont know

leave me alone!!

14. Earsone2004

Earsone2004 Member

Paint is fucking paint. You can be a wack writer and throw up a wack piece with the best paint out there. Or u can be dope and throw up a burner with 99 cent paint. Some paint just comes out a little better and is brighter and bolder. And some people just like the presure some paint gives.

15. Zeos

Zeos Senior Member

what the fuck is your problem?!?! i called you out on something stupid you did thats it. go suck you moms titty if you want to cry. i'd hate to see you if someone went over one of your pieces would you be so sad that you would kill yourself. do it! now! save me the time from reading your dumb ass posts.

16. denali

denali Senior Member

dont get mad get glad!!!! :p

17. SUPER SKINNYYYYYYYY
    GOLD DOT
    EXPERI FOR FULLIN

18. kildaillest

kildaillest Senior Member

100000000000000000000000000% wrong!
    paint is not paint...ok
    rusto-to high pressure
    montana-perfect
    krylon-3rd best paint..kry black is dope
    wal-mart-good for bombs
    belton-tooo much $ but its worth it for a legal
    armor coat-the enamel is great for me..the rust paint blows
    tremclad-only buy the 20% more white cans for long bombing missions
    no name from can.tire-HUGE over spray on the black cans
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    caps
    rusto's-good for throws
    ny thin-good for tags
    ny fats-same as rusto's(to me)
    german fats(orange dots)-good for big throws and peices
    pink dots-a little fatter than^^those^^^
    german outlines-great for outlines(obviously)
    german outlines2-great for tags
    montana 1-good for tags and outlines
    montana 2-^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    montana 4-for big tags,throws,and wholecars,trailors,busstops,rollers that need fading....
    montana 5(the gold ones)-SO fat..allmost unnessicart but throwin tags with those are so fun and they catch your eye mad quick haha
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ook..im done lol

19. MyTagsASpanishWord

MyTagsASpanishWord Senior Member

yo a while ago i tried putting a cap on a different can (i didnt know what the hell i was doing, this was my first night with spraypaint, well anyway) we put a cap on a different can then the can started to spray paint without a cap and just didnt stop so i threw it and we put it on top of a hydrant. lol now WHY THE HELL WAS THAT I DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN AGAIN.

20. seckzoner

seckzoner Elite Member

i dont know if this is on this forum yet, but this is for stencil caps! its probably the best one yet.

[i take no credit for this, except for copying and pasting it on here.
    i got it from 12ozprophet]

"1 Tools. You will need an X-acto knife with a SHARP blade, a lighter of some sort, and a lid off of your favorite spray can (Krylon lids work well).

2 You will start by cutting out the middle of the lid. This tube is what actually SNAPS to the spray can and holds the lid on.

3 Discard the rest of the lid and this is what you end up with. You will use this to construct your stencil cap.

4 Now, carefully cut out the “finger hole” as shown. It’s more of a square shape that goes down the side of the tube, as well as on the top. Remember to keep a strip of plastic at the bottom of the tube or else your finished cap will not SNAP onto the can, thus it will not work.

5 Using the tip of your X-acto blade as a drill, bore a small “spray hole” on the opposite side of your finger hole. This hole should be approximately in the middle of the tube. The SIZE of the whole determines the effect you get – so play around with a couple different caps. You can also try different shape holes, and multi-hole stencils!

6 After you drill your spray hole, I recommend using your lighter to smooth it out a little. Just heat it up quickly, and pay attention to the melting plastic.

Here’s the good news! Stencil caps work nicely with Krylon STOCK TIPS. Place your stencil cap onto the can as shown.

Now line up your tip with the spray hole, make sure you can get your finger in there, and HAVE FUN.

[Broken External Image]:http://www.freshsites.com/images/AAW101.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: Stencil caps are messy. Be aware that excess paint collects in the cap and that you must dump it out occasionally. Sometimes they are a pain in the ass and they like to splatter. Like any other technique, this takes practice – and sometimes the cap you make is just a piece of crap. They can also be tricky to get off of the can, so be patient.

some people also call these caps Zap caps- or HEX caps named after the guy who invented them. "