Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Caps

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Zeos, Sep 27, 2004.

Share This Page

1. olive

olive Member

yo those stoner invisible glass tips are the only tip i use, such a nice bold line, it comes out reeeeeal skinny when you get close, and then midway fat from far distance. i didn't think anyone else knew about em' but i was wrong!!
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.kiesub.com/catalog/stoner-91164.jpg
    best used on rusto, krylon, montana[not so much]

2. olive

olive Member

Alright so I stumbled upon this cap at walmart not too long ago and i was like wtf?? then i saw this video and i was like OH SHIT THATS THE TIP I JUST GOT so guess what?! i'm gunna tell you where they are in walmart, ight so your in the paint section and your doin the dollar trick and your just about done and you look behind you as your checkin to see if your being watched by those fucks who act like they're buying shit but really there scopin you to see if your gunna steal and then BAM, theres this foam sealent shit with this clear cap on top of it, take the cap off and theres this little firehose lookin cap, its white and black, take that fucker off, put it on a can of rusto or whatever the fuck you'd like. theres a little twisty valve thing and you can tighten or loosin it, the more tight you have it the less pressure there is meaning you wont fire it up the wall as high, the more you loosen it the high up the wall it goes, i got mine to go about 15+ feet maybe??? i got it to go to the top of a freight so uhhh yeah, have fun!!

its like doing a fire extuingisher handy, but its the midget version..

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  3. noxi

noxi Elite Member

I just got one of those at wally, and it leaked like a bitch on rusto. It sprays a big ass line though.

4. SloppySeconds

SloppySeconds Member

The caps from the Stoner Glass cans are the same as the Rusto Thins on that site someone posted last page. (troutartsupply.com)

5. germanoutline

germanoutline Senior Member

Everyone like the astros?

6. SAID

SAID Moderator

7. olive

olive Member

they look pretty similar from the front view but i cant really tell, are you positive that these are it? if so i'm buying a thousand!

8. bountyhunter113

bountyhunter113 Elite Member

i've always wanted to ask this question, generally how many types of caps do you guys even really [need to] use?

coz i've just been using NY fats and german outlines and it seems like that's all i need.

9. cerex89

cerex89 Senior Member

those r just for bombin u need diffrent ones when u doin murals and shit like that

10. ohgawdxcarcrash

ohgawdxcarcrash Elite Member

i have a big variety of assorted caps because i bought 100packs of my favorite caps, and traded some off for other caps and learned what was good for flares/bombing/fills/stencils/hands/etc.

experience is better than not knowing at all. and caps here are 3for1dollar so its not that bad if you buy it.

11. MUSEone

MUSEone Elite Member

Idk if its just me but i hate rusto.

Only good paint i can rack now that Krylon wnet to hell. But no falirs, not many caps work. Shit sucks...

12. ohgawdxcarcrash

ohgawdxcarcrash Elite Member

i personally dislike rusto's. they always get on my fingers and are loud as hell. but they're the only ones that seem to work good on rustocans.

and if you check your hardware stores, they'll have some left depending on how much business it makes. any store that carrys paint will never throw it out unless its been damaged. so odds are theres a hardware store, even shoe tailor that carrys normal krylons. i got the last flat whites off a shoe tailor shop for only 5 bucks for 3. but after they're sold out, its all 360tips after that.

13. MUSEone

MUSEone Elite Member

Color place flat black and flat white are just like shitty water. The chrome is better, but nothing to brag about.

14. SAID

SAID Moderator

chrome colorplace is the shit man.
    love it.

15. MUSEone

MUSEone Elite Member

Its shit once uve had a chance to use mtn chrome... haha

but yea, im not the biggest fan of it but w.e its gets the job done.

I just wish FAT caps would actually produce a FAT line on rusto..

16. SAID

SAID Moderator

yeahh i know mtn chrome and gold kill everything.
    but colorplace does the job for fills.
    clean, crisp outline with montana.

17. MUSEone

MUSEone Elite Member

Doesnt make me like it anymore... haha

18. SAID

SAID Moderator

ahahaha, sall good.

19. ErrorOner...

ErrorOner... Elite Member

This may not be relevant but is there any way to get paint out of spray paint can, I was just holding the can upside down and letting the air out but it seems never endless and i dont want it to explode when i bang a nail into it so i can pour it out. how long should i wait while spraying inverted?? til it stops COMPLETELY??

20. Discombobulated

Discombobulated Senior Member

wut caps do u guys use on the male painters touch?
    anywhere to get them? home made?