Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Caps

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Zeos, Sep 27, 2004.

Share This Page

1. CAN-KILLER

CAN-KILLER Senior Member

2. germanoutline

germanoutline Senior Member

someone post some pics of lines with astro fattys

3. ohgawdxcarcrash

ohgawdxcarcrash Elite Member

trying to depressurize a can by yourself is really dangerous. especially if you're trying to make a hole it in. soak it in paint thinner so any paint around or in the straw will be easily soluble to water. then rinse it with water. turn the can over and let some pressure out first. start at the bottom of the can, you should have a hammer and as soon as you hit it, try to turn around and avoid any paint splatters, or particles of the can exploding everywhere.

another way is to throw it down really hard on a lighter or lighter fluid or a lit match. this will explode but is not as dangerous if you keep your distance from it, and have a bottle of water laying around. after you do this, there should be a small hole in the can, try to find it and when you do, saw into it or around it. there should be a decent amount of paint left inside.

this can also be used to take out the metal pea inside [alot of people want it for some reason] but if you want to take the paint out, best bet is to just spray it into a container.

4. bountyhunter113

bountyhunter113 Elite Member

yea, for some reason fat caps spray not as fat on rusto

5. ErrorOner...

ErrorOner... Elite Member

Yea I did the nail trick and it did basically nothing dangerous at all. FIrst thing I did was hold it upside down and spray for about 10 mins then i simply hammered a nail into it and waited for the air to seep out. Then I poured the paint out of the hole (after making a mess) into a jar. It burned and sizzled for a lil and now i cant wait to put it in my burner marker! It was gold by the way.
    Thanks for the suggestions anyways ohgawd!

6. Scratch

Scratch Senior Member

yeah ive been having a ton of problems with caps lately

for some reason german outlines dont work on my rusto anymore, which sucks. and all NONE of my caps work on any of my montana either: ive tried outlines, pink dots, beige dots, ny fats, ny skinnies, and nothing even like fits on.

and also, i just picked up some astro fats. cant wait to try that out. does anyone know if they work well on rusto? or am i gonna have to use montana

7. noxi

noxi Elite Member

They work well on rusto but you have to take some pressure out so you dont pop it.

8. ohgawdxcarcrash

rusto is really thick paint, and german outlines produce a medium/thin line so it'll either explode in your hand or clog up fast. shake the can alot before using and make sure the can is at least half empty, so their isn't much pressure.

9. CAN-KILLER

CAN-KILLER Senior Member

german outlines work fine rusto because its the best paint ever....

10. ohgawdxcarcrash

you cant expect it to work with any cap.. and especially if your reason is "because it is the best paint ever"

it depends on what brand of rusto it is [american accents, painters touch, etc]

11. kroc_oner

kroc_oner Elite Member

Man monster is the best lol

12. ErrorOner...

Is Painter's Touch rusto any good? cuz there is a ton of colors at the home depot near my shit and shit...

13. ErrorOner...

14. noxi

noxi Elite Member

Yea painters touch is good but they have a male valve system, which means you need to get female caps.

15. cerex89

cerex89 Senior Member

can u show a pic of this

16. noxi

noxi Elite Member

Astro Fat or Level 5 fat? Which one works better on rusto?

edit:: just bought some astro.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  17. MUSEone

MUSEone Elite Member

Thats some BS right there....

18. cerex89

cerex89 Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mULOl1IxgvM&feature=PlayList&p=F6DEF14BB4C0AAB1&index=12

19. bountyhunter113

bountyhunter113 Elite Member

astro fats from my experience

and yea, guy talkin bout using german outlines on rusto, you just needa shake the can good so it don't clog the cap

on the side note: lol, do not use NY fats on rusto......they were workin fine for me at first, but then the paint just starts to splatter all over.....basically wasting my cans

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  20. noxi

noxi Elite Member

Haha, from my experience, Ny fats work nicely on the tall cans. It comes out real clean with silver.