Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Changing graffiti names a lot?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senic_oner, Jul 25, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Senic_oner

Senic_oner Member

Yo I was wondering if changing names a lot is considered toy? I changed my name a lot in the past now I have stuck with my name cuz I'm sick of that shit lol.

2. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Changing your name a lot just makes it tougher to increase your rep. Stick with the same name and it'll develop it's own personality/identity.

3. Wastelandwolves

Wastelandwolves Senior Member

Sometimes, but if you dont like it dont rep it you know, in this your names your identity

4. JediJay

JediJay Member

I suppose it depends on your end game. Are you looking to build your brand/name? Are you doing graffiti to have fun and it doesn't matter either way? Are you working on developing your skill set to the highest degree?

I write numerous different words, I tag multiple different names. It is mostly for fun. I do have one name in particular that most people know me by and that is my "brand". So again, what is your end game?

5. Senic_oner

Senic_oner Member

I want to build my name up I made 1 fill in with this name and it was also my first with any on a wall. I haven't went painting for about a week or so cuz of family reasons. But the thing is sometimes I get embarrassed of my name. Like I feel it is weird. I live in Chicago and most tags I see have pretty normal names. I write senic as of right now and sometimes when people ask me what I write I get embarrassed that it sounds funny to them. That's why I changed my mind about a few names.

6. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

IMO, Writing something that is a real word as opposed to a random collection of letters stands out more, for example 'Toast' would stick in your mind longer than 'Ghof' (no offence to any toast's or ghof's, ha). I also believe that if your own flavour stands out properly, your stuff will be recognisable regardless of what your writing at the time. So until your gonna go investing in personalised stationary or anything, just get up. Change y name freely, enter every battle this place does, and your name will find itself via letters you enjoy playing with.

7. Senic_oner

Senic_oner Member

Thanks for the advice homie

8. BotesNhoes

BotesNhoes New Member

I've changed my name a few times since I was 13(23 now). Wasnt until 2012 that I started writing BOTE and I fell in love with it. When you find a name you fall in love with you are most likely gonna stick with it. I feel like my "graffiti name" compliments my real life personality.

9. Wastelandwolves

Wastelandwolves Senior Member

Its all about what you want most. Being recognized for your tag is usually the ends game

10. Wank oner

Wank oner Senior Member

i was gonna change my name to jank cuz i realized what wank means lmao but fuck that

11. dudeatyahoo

dudeatyahoo Senior Member

I would probably say do soething that describes a part of you. maybe an acronym including like your city or neighborhood.. sommethin gyou feel strongly about. or maybe a nickname just make sure you stay anonymous as possible. and don't worry to much about whats toy and not toy. do it for you. not anyone else.

12. ARCS

ARCS New Member

I’ve changed my name a couple times, I’ve only just started aswell, don’t really know if it’s ok ya no in the eyes of the more respected artists, but I’ve found my name ARCS jus got boring for me so I changed it to SOG

13. MINE2 : C.H.A.P.S. CRU

MINE2 : C.H.A.P.S. CRU Senior Member

Or switch it up a little and go with Sen I C. Stick to one name though and establish yourself/ your style then play around with other names if you want. Folks keep forgetting that graff is about self expression not just making up some mumbo jumbo that looks cool or sounds good. Stick to the basics, they work just fine

14. MINE2 : C.H.A.P.S. CRU

Your name only gets boring when there's no progression bro. Check your heart not your name & mean that with no disrespect. If your style is growing/ progressing consistently then you shouldn't get bored with your name, especially if you're just starting out. Arcs is cool, work with it a little bit before you give up on it.

15. MINE2 : C.H.A.P.S. CRU

Just a side note but I been pushing Mine2 since I was 14-15 & I'm 38 now. I stopped getting up at about 21 so I do what I do for the love of the art. Love of the art is the best motivation to do this here