Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Changing my name

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AERO2MK, Oct 29, 2020.

Share This Page

1. AERO2MK

AERO2MK New Member

so I got approached by an og on Instagram telling me I need to change my name. His reasoning being his crew member (another og) goes by the name “areo” which include the same letters I use in “aero”. I’ve been writing & working on my craft for about 10 years now using the same name, never changed, then all of a sudden one day this og tells me to change it. What should I do? Battle it out like a man or change it. I mean no disrespect to the ogs, but our names aren’t the same.

2. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Are yall from the same city or state?

3. AERO2MK

AERO2MK New Member

Same state.

4. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Imo if you really want to try to keep the name give a battle a try if that's possible and he's down. If you got maybe some pics of his and your stuff to post so we can see... but I mean if he is a og and gets up more then you might have to think of a new name

5. AERO2MK

AERO2MK New Member

well doesn’t that suck a pair of monkey nuts lmao. I’d be going into a battle knowing I’ll lose. Might just end up changing the name then get up 1000x harder to show a name won’t stop me.

6. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

put a number after it like aero88 or someshit

7. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Check out the freight whores page and the second to last pic posted by teniks is a aero piece any correlation?

8. Ray of Today

Ray of Today Elite Member

No OG gonna battle someone still in diapers, for what? You'll find out that you'll get crossed out or punched out. These days you can google any name you think up plus the word graffiti and pretty much see if a name is taken. Sometimes you can tack on a number to the end of your name, but if that name's already been made or you're in the same town as the other person it's obvious you need to change that shit.

9. secta

secta Member

I am interested to see who this 'og' is and why he is making such a fuss. There was an aero in my city in the 80s who hit bare trains and Im not talking about freights. Really oldschool. But today I think there are lots of aeros, the only was to get an original name now is making up a word and even so some kid has probably had it at some point. upload_2020-10-31_8-25-55.png Looks like xero but he def writes aero. This is the oldest pic I have

10. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

Definitely some internet graffiti bullshit,If there was an old aero like that. And several other aeros i would just say “fuck you, theres like a bunch of aeros already so eat a dick” i would fight him if he tried to pull up on you too

11. Andy B

Andy B Senior Member

My two cents is this. Its your call. Either write Aero or not. I knew an Aero way back in the day and then I heard of another Aero that wrote on the other side of the city. There were a bunch earlier than that in NYC. Where I'm at now I know of another kid that rocks Aero. So, like my homey Gum says, either write it or not. But knuckle up if you got to. Get up and stay safe.

12. secta

secta Member

I would mix up the letters. Something like AOER is a much nicer word to piece and tag