Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Chemistry 101:Beginner Ink Labs and Pics

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by HëRbN, Jul 2, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Sanc_one

Sanc_one Senior Member

Acryl definitely not flow good for window marker with pump system. I tried this and didnt work. Any other ideas?

2. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

ok so its like a pump marker nib. like a molotow... it might work if you thinned the shit out of the acrylic but it would probly be streaky. Pen ink would work if maybe youve got a decent recipe. Woodstain is one other option or a mix of stain and something else like pen ink or pvc primer or the like. its just gotta be really thin whatever it is

3. Aker.ATK

Aker.ATK Member

oh sucks... yeah it is the same system as a paint marker basically, so that won't work.. well i'll try some ther stuff from the ink recipe thread

4. Justinm

Justinm Member

Anyone know if dot 4 brake fluid works? I got that shit laying round...

5. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yea add like 8 drops to a cup of INK. never use in anythign but ink.

6. Mickey69

Mickey69 Member

ur not supposed to use DOT4?

7. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

frankly i dont see why it would matter.
    the only difference between 3 and 4 is the boiling point.
    they're made out of the same things.

8. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

found some pretty tight mini mops at Staples today. there 98 cents a piece.
    The nib is kinda weak and would tear up real quick on rough surfaces but you could easily replace it with some thing else. they work damn good on smooth surfaces though. its a one inch nib with a pretty fat resevoir and work real well with thinned acrylics. also in the pic is a stamp pad refiller thought it was gunna have a better nib but i was wrong but it also could be made better. Only problem with the little mops is that they leak at the seams of the cap so taping it up is a must.

well i had pictures but ill have to uplaod them tomorrow cause my scanner camera thing is not behaving. The called envelope moisteners though if someone want to find em, there next to the white out in staples. office max does not carry them.
    heres the 98 cent ones
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.staples.com/sbd/img/cat/std/s0204628_std.jpg
    ^1 inch nib, palm sized over all

and heres some that come in a pack of 4 for 10 bucks, you can probly find singles though..
    [Broken External Image]:http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/6c/ec/86/36863992-177x150-0-0_.jpg

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  9. Zire

Zire Senior Member

Just got some of that nero ink, its fucking good but it stinks well bad and if you spill it good luck trying to clean it. and vagrants right about the brake fluid.

10. denaaa

denaaa Senior Member

yoo just wondering can i make GK out of rust paintt or any outdoor house paints cause i have maddddddd cans of that shitt

11. FLIP FLOP

FLIP FLOP Senior Member

you can make gk out of any OIL based paints, the house paints you have are probably latex paints.

12. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

^word.

But you CAN make some huge rollers with it :)

13. denaaa

denaaa Senior Member

thanks alott i just didnt want to waste anything you knoww but i just went and triedd it madee somee nicee silverrr

14. Sanc_one

Sanc_one Senior Member

I just made pen ink. But instead of pens i just used black ink and just add little bit of thinner. It flow well with marker, it is just very bad ink :S. Buffable instant. So do you have any idea what to add. Cheap and simple please :D.

15. PeeInTheShower

PeeInTheShower Elite Member

is it worth adding brake fluid to the pen ink recipe?

16. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

yes its worth it. just a little.

17. PeeInTheShower

PeeInTheShower Elite Member

just a little brake fluid? or just a little worth it? what's the ratio? like a cap for every cup or something? is it true that it becomes easier to buff if you add too much?

18. FLIP FLOP

FLIP FLOP Senior Member

what thinner and what ink did you use?

19. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

im guessing sanc you used like india ink or something similair? if so theres not alot you can do to save it seeing as its water based which is why it would buff so easy, you could boil it down to get rid of the water and then add something or you could just add another stainer like wood stain or a stainer powder. And if this is the case the thinner was not really needed

pee - yes you should only add about a cap or 2 per cup, if you add to much your ink will never dry meaning itll wipe right off, the point of the dot3 is to make it take longer to dry thus giving it more time to stain/soak in. there being the point that too much is no bueno

20. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

is there any concoction you can put together with latex paint? an how do you make grog ink less watery? like is there anything you can add?