Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Films You've Watched In The Last 24 Hours

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .A.K.4.7., Feb 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. C H E N Z O

C H E N Z O Elite Member

exit through the giftshop.

was pretty meaty tbh.

2. lord_plankton

lord_plankton Elite Member

exit through the gift shop is lame, the beginning is kinda cool but it turns out to be lame...

3. RetroLikeWhoa13

RetroLikeWhoa13 Elite Member

Yeah, its one of my favorites.

4. Thrice

Thrice Elite Member

Good son and Richie Rich. How i miss Macaulay Kaulkin's movies.

5. unreal180

unreal180 Elite Member

finaly got round to watching shutter island, its pretty fucked up

6. Thrice

Thrice Elite Member

I liked shutter island, but alot of people hated it. One of those hate it or love it kind of flicks.

7. Prodigy22

Prodigy22 Member

It is epic. I saw it about a week ago. well worth it

8. RetroLikeWhoa13

RetroLikeWhoa13 Elite Member

anybody else upset they remade "Let The Right One In?"

9. romper stomper

romper stomper Member

Nil by mouth - old but a good one

10. Baron

Baron Moderator

Just bought Final Flesh, it's from the creators of Wonder Showzen, easily the most "what the fuck did I just watch?" movie ever.

The trailer hardly does it justice
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlcrsAZUC-E
    If you buy the DVD it comes with two posters and it's own brand of purple hand sanitizer to wash yourself after watching the movie.

I highly recommend getting drunk before watching the entire movie.

11. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

had a movie night with the misses. watched Delicatessen, The Holy Mountain, and Le Denier Combat.

12. MC Something

MC Something Senior Member

Fuck yeah, man. It pisses me off when ANYTHING is remade but movies like this should just be off limits. Go ahead and make another Godzilla movie or turn shitty old shows into shitty new movies...but leave things that can't be made better alone.

The problem is, they're not trying to make it "better", they're trying to make it "more accessible" which means "more profitable". Fortunately for them, most people are lazy, low-standards-having morons who would rather watch this than the original.

13. Baron

Baron Moderator

I've been keeping up with the remake and so far it looks like they are actually taking their time and doing it some justice. They're basing the english version more off of the book rather than the swedish movie. The child actors they got actually have talent and I'm interested to see how diverse Matt Reeves is as a director.

14. MC Something

I just don't see the point. It's not so much the filmmakers that piss me off, it's all the people who won't bother watching something with subtitles. If that weren't the case, they could just advertise the original here in the states and THOSE people could benefit.

15. FaultO

FaultO Elite Member

i don't mind remakes... well there are two types. remakes of old ass flicks to include some new technologies and nudity. and then those remakes of foreign films.

either way, you'll have good and bad ones. i'm kinda pissed that let the right one in didn't get the recognition it originally deserved, like this new flick is receiving.

but for example, if it wasn't for the ring, i would've been very unlikely to go out and watch ringu. i don't think it's always necessarily laziness of people watching subs. Let the right one in was never going to be a film in every theater in north america. neither was ringu.

so. although some remakes may be absolute garbage, they give some attention to the original that might lead a few people to watch it.

16. Loki X Sho

Loki X Sho Banned

Taxi Driver.

“Out of this filthy mess, she is alone. They… cannot… touch… her.”

17. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

18. MC Something

I hear you about how it gives the original recognition and that's the only thing I really like about most remakes. And there HAVE been some good ones, some better than the original. John Carpenter's "The Thing" was better than the original. WAY better. Dawn of the Dead wasn't better but it was damn good.

I think my only counter to that statement is; people's lives would've been no better or worse if they HADN'T seen the originals. It's not like there was a void that needed filling. If it leads people to seek out more foreign or independent films then I'd say it's worth it but for the most part, it doesn't. They just wait for the next remake and the original material, in a lot of cases, isn't even known to them. Take movies like The Strangers or Quarantine...shit...even The Departed is a remake. That was one of the biggest releases that year but I'll bet you less than 25% of the fans of that movie actually know about Infernal Affairs.

There should be a law where they have to cite the original material in the opening credits or something.

I've ranted much longer than I should have already but...my last point...not arguing your point or anything but...I've had people TELL me that they're too lazy to watch subtitled movies. I didn't mean it as an insult to them or anything. It's just that a lot of people don't like to do it and that's one reason foreign films aren't advertised as much in the US.

19. MC Something

20. the cannabis evangelist

the cannabis evangelist Elite Member

amazing film

paddy considine is a scary cunt