Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Global Warming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guerrilla876, Nov 30, 2006.

Share This Page

1. littlejohni

littlejohni Senior Member

2. elcs

elcs Elite Member

CFC's are a problem for the ozone hole, not global warming. the ozone hole and global warming are two entirely different issues. the reason you dont hear about the ozone hole anymore is because it isn't an issue anymore. CFC's arnt used as much anymore, the ozone hole is reparing itself and will be back to how it used to be in 20 years.

3. mas$

mas$ Elite Member

4. ohefdubs

ohefdubs Senior Member

the globe will be after it kills us all so im gonna help kill it

5. toxus

toxus Elite Member

We've only been keeping measurements of weather climates for the last 200 years.

6. elcs

elcs Elite Member

so, whats your point? we can find out what the climate was like millions of years in the past using a multitude of different tests from tree ring tests, ocean water tests, land core samples, ice core samples, bacteria samples, etc. CO2 levels are higher than they have been in thousands of years and defiantly the highest they have been since humans have been on earth. humans ARE changing the climate and that is fact. what's debatable is whether is it ALL because of humans. regardless, we have to do something about our emissions.

7. StAtiK1

StAtiK1 Senior Member

global warming is just another big scam to make money. its fake.

8. littlejohni

the point is that there is no real way to tell if its really warming or not....

and like statik1 said its just a scam....

What is it? do you need micheal moore to make a movie to get you to stop believing the bullshit cnn msnbc and al gore shoved down your throat? Stop being tools. educate yourself.....

and yes the problem with the ozone is pritty much why we have the problem. the hole is whats letting in green house gases and not lettin' them escape. The only reason its not being talked about is cause people like you enjoy griping about hot button topics like global warming. This, like the whole in the ozone hole and reduse reuse and recyle before it will die in a couple years anyhow. Its not like anyones doing anything about it anyway.

9. elcs

elcs Elite Member

you have got to be kidding me. really, there is no way that you can actually be this ignorant. you telling me to get educated? have you ever even researched global warming and the ozone issue? they have nothing to do with each other. have you ever taken classes on it? i have. who is more qualified to talk about this? i'm the one stating facts. you're the one making sweeping generalizations and bold, baseless claims.

1. yes, it can be proven that the global temperature is rising and CO2 levels are increasing. that is fact. not even debatable.

2. its not a scam. a scam for what, anyway? that doesn't even make sense.

3. scientists don't really have a voice or a way to get their findings out to the general public. so, the media broadcasts their findings. i don't see how this is a hard concept to understand.

4. "and yes the problem with the ozone is pritty much why we have the problem. the hole is whats letting in green house gases and not lettin' them escape."

...pritty? telling people to get educated? no, the ozone hole has NOTHING to do with global warming. it's letting "in" greenhouse gasses? from where? space?

you clearly have not even basic understanding of either issue and are confusing and combining both of them. spend less time telling other people to get educated and open up a book. really, i hope you were kidding in that post. you can't be that dumb.

10. littlejohni

you know what? your right, im wrong. I didnt mean to make any of this e drama, sorry for dissing you like i did telling you to get educated. if its real then we're fucked, if its not, then good for us and we better start changing things to make it so it doesnt happen.

11. StAtiK1

StAtiK1 Senior Member

its a scam to MAKE MONEY by manipulating the people to think that global warming is real. back in the 80s or whatever acid rain was the big thing, now no one gives a fuck cause the news and the media arent saying anything about it.

12. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

making money off global warming? you are an idiot. major cities encourage you to ride your bike to work.. car pool.. most cities even have "spare the air days" days where the bus is FREE. so tell me, exactly how does one "make money off global warming"

13. elcs

elcs Elite Member

they arn't. kid has no clue what he is talking about.

14. StAtiK1

StAtiK1 Senior Member

"The global warming scare has enabled environmental advocacy groups to raise billions of dollars in contributions and government grants. It has given politicians (from Al Gore down) opportunities to pose as prophets of doom and slayers of evil corporations. And it has given bureaucrats at all levels of government, from the United Nations to city councils, powers that threaten our jobs and individual liberty.

It is time for common sense to return to the debate over protecting the environment. An excellent first step would be to end the “global warming” scam."

- Joseph L. Bast

15. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

you chose the wrong guy to quote.
    Joseph Bast also wrote a book called "please don't poop in my salad". as if the name of the book wasn't 'professional' enough, the book goes into detail talking about how 'anti-smoking fundamentalists' claims about smoking cigarettes are totally wrong. now I'm no surgeon general, but I sure as hell know that smoking cigarettes is bad for your health (~ 440000 people per year in the United States alone die of illnesses related to cigarette smoking), this same clown thinks that people who are Anti-smoking "have found great profits in fueling the hysteria"

now, if you want to prove a point on how "global warming is a scam to make money". Please find some other bozo to quote.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  16. StAtiK1

StAtiK1 Senior Member

17. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

[Broken External Image]:http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/4712/oyveyny9.gif Here's an idea. maybe the 'goal' of environmentalist's is to minimize/prevent further damage to the environment.

Also, with that link you posted. the website is called sayanythingblog.com and on the home page it has a link to a video that has Johnny Cash On Sesame Street... do i Really have to go any further?

18. elcs

elcs Elite Member

kid, you can't just look at one source and think that it explains everything about the issue. An Inconvenient Truth isn't totally accurate, a lot of scientists disagree with gore's "facts". does this mean that global warming isn't real? of course not. conversely, if you read one article that "proves" global warming is real, does that mean that it really is real? no. you need to look at a lot of sources. more scientists agree that global warming is an issue than those who reject the theory. you cant just read a single quote from a guy that writes poop jokes and take it as truth.

no matter what issue you are dealing with you are going to find people arguing both sides. don't take either side until you fully understand the points brought up by both sides. you seem to be doing this. it is blatantly clear that you haven't really looked into the issue or anything. take a class on it or something. maybe write a research paper. if you really don't give a shit about this issue, take a class on critical thinking. because you could really really use that.

19. -=AgA=-TrAnCe

-=AgA=-TrAnCe Elite Member

were all guna die, lets save the planet yea?

20. Slushi

Slushi Banned

Yeah, thats exactly what golbal warming is. A scam to hurt the economy. </sarcasm>

Anyone who doesn't believe in global warming just doesn't want to believe. I don't want to believe it either, but its true, and it sucks. d34L \/\/iTh 1t.