Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Global Warming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guerrilla876, Nov 30, 2006.

Share This Page

1. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

hahahahaha, youre the one who thought CO2 and Carbon Dioxide were 2 different things, not me.

and beyond that, CO2 and Methane dont "combine"(cause they chemically cant anyways) and produce heat, they get into the atmosphere and prevent ultraviolet radiation from boucing back into space, thus producing more heat within our atmosphere

2. kila

kila Senior Member

i am confused..............so i am going to just stop typing

3. What Happened to the Letters?

What Happened to the Letters? Elite Member

yo e-terror(took me a few minutes deciding what to call you of the multilpe names i know of you by) is that a manson avatar?

4. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

no, its a wack ass clip from a Slovenian industrian band's video i found

5. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

we'll give kila some more time to look some stuff up on Wikipedia to make his retort

hahahaha

6. mooky

mooky New Member

I live in Minnesota. The weather went from 50-60 degrees a coupe days ago and now its freezing and the wind chill is like -5, global warming IS happening, but we are too dumb to do something about it so were all pretty much fucked in the end.

7. [NESTER]

[NESTER] Senior Member

iono about u guys but i live in van city and we never get snow and it snowed so much the last week or so which is unusally so yeah we fo sure fucked

8. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

no, youre cold cause you live in FUCKING MINNESOTA

its always been fucking cold there

9. BRAINE

BRAINE Elite Member

"damn global warming is making me so cold!"

fucking stupid kids.
    this is not the "i got used to summer and now winter feels extra cold because of a coldfront sweeping the nation from the west" thread.

10. [NESTER]

[NESTER] Senior Member

ya well we havent got this much snow for like a million years

11. ase

ase Senior Member

ow do you need fossil fuels? can't you jsut use electricity and such things liek that to make it? even wind power... [/b][/quote]
    How do you think electricity is made? Mostly through coal, natural gas, and oil which contribute "greenhouse gasses". Sure some is created through solar energy, dams, and wind, but most of it is made with coal, natural gas, and oil.

So to create new fuel you need energy right?

12. FuLa

FuLa Elite Member

correction, the USA is too dumb to do anything about it...search Kyoto protocol, or agreement, or anything related to that.

13. FaultO

FaultO Elite Member

OK well i am sorry that i am only a human that makes mistakes but anyways i meant co2 and this other gas i forget it........... also i think el nina and la tino have to do with the global warming and the climatic changes [/b][/quote]
    i just re read your shit, and you don't sound smart at all... learn how to write sentences....you made more than one mistake you so called "human"

did you just learn about the "greenhouse effect" in grade 9 geography?

14. FuLa

FuLa Elite Member

aupload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_commons_thumb_1_1e_Kyoto_Proto2ea920a945daee8beb18a4e68c67e9d5.png

the map is talkig about the kyoto agreement/protocol, whatever. Australia and USA are the only ones who have not and do not seem like signing the ammendment which consists of:

FROM WIKI:

The Kyoto Protocol is an agreement made under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Countries that ratify this protocol commit to reduce their emissions of carbon dioxide and five other greenhouse gases, or engage in emissions trading if they maintain or increase emissions of these gases.

The Kyoto Protocol now covers more than 160 countries globally and over 55% of global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.

lots more.. go to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyoto_Protocol

15. FaultO

FaultO Elite Member

kyoto protocol seems to have already wasted too much money....

16. Sluts_r_us

Sluts_r_us Elite Member

its been like 30 for the last week and today it just jumped to 70...wtf

17. wazoo

wazoo Member

i think it's funny that a bunch of graff kids are talking about global warming, and taking it seriously. if you think about it, all graffiti does is pollute. from the paint that gets into the water when painting water tunnels, to the fumes that get in the air. i love how you all are aware of it, and talk about the consequences, but at the same time it's kind of silly to take seriously when graffiti has nothing positive environmentally. i don't know maybe this is one of the things we'll all just need to take with a grain of salt.

18. FuLa

FuLa Elite Member

to FAULTO

well trying something that might save the whole world...is worth some money I think... even if it is just a try that can give a better idea of the whole picture that's going on with this problem.

wait...war is a better thing to spent billions of dollars on. (not critizising you but I think the US should think a littlebit of the world's priorities for once in history because what the US doesn't want to realize is that the country it is part of this world too, weather they like it or not.)

19. uhhh

uhhh Elite Member

im not very proud to be an american anymore. we just pollutte and pollutte and and the government plays on the fact that the public is overworked and doesnt have the im or energy to research anythg or go protset election results. so they just take what the news givs them and hope for the best. and then not signing the kyoto bill is just.. its such an american thing. keep all the peoplefat and overworked and they'll be to lazy and fat to bother revolting. personally, i think the whole government should be overthrown(lets hope i dont have cia at my door in 5 minutes) because its not working adn thats whats happened in other countries over the years. but its not gonna happen because hte majority of this country just doesnt care or have the time to cafre about politics and such.

wazoo- spray paint really doesnt do THAT much big oil and factories contribute a WHOLE lot more then a small percentage of the population spray painting every few days or weeks. and what tunnels are you painting that has drinking water running through it? those are usually shit tunnels, you know... poop.

I'm sorry for all the inevitable typos in this. but i really dont feel like going back and editing it.

20. FaultO

FaultO Elite Member

no, instead of putting money into conferences, and meetings that almost always go nowhere. that money should be put directly into technology.

kyoto won't work.... it's projecting too far into a future we do not know about. we may have the capability of reaching better technology to reduce whatever emissions, but instead we're working on reducing by stopping progress.

we need to use oil to progress to the next stage. these meetings do nothing for the cause, but waste time and money.