Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Global Warming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guerrilla876, Nov 30, 2006.

Share This Page

1. FaultO

FaultO Elite Member

I thought you were serious at first and I was about to shit myself [/b][/quote]
    hahah

i wasn't totally joking, meteorologists do study it, but not in the way that climatologists do........meteorologists more study the effects of global warming on weather, while climatologists actually study the changing climate.

word.

oh and to that dude who just learned about global warming in grade 8, you're a fuckin joke.

2. Slaze

Slaze Senior Member

i could go into a long report about all the cases of global warming, but instead i will mention one thing. . ."THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!"

3. Caikerrr one niinee..

Caikerrr one niinee.. Senior Member

there's actually, no solid proof that all this shit has anything to do with us.. :rolleyes:

4. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

hyped up movie full of bullshit put out to scare people.

5. FaultO

FaultO Elite Member

i couldn't even finish watching the day after tomorrow......

terrible

6. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

i had to watch it in a class, within minutes i left to go to the bathroom and never went back to class.

same thing when we watched that stupid fucking loose change video in a class. i was like, fuck this and left

7. FaultO

FaultO Elite Member

i could actually sit through loose change, but day after tomorrow.... c'mon

we gotta paint together some day homie.

8. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

word, and talk shit about michael moore and how fat he is

then go to a resturant and you can point me in the way of some tasty bean curd dishes

9. novella

novella Senior Member

forget global warming

2012 is a little more more of a pressing matter

10. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

what happens then?

is that when jesus is supposed to come back to earth and kill all the wicked men?

11. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

oh, i know what he's talking about

he's anxious about the summer olympics that are gonna be in London that year

12. JETc17

JETc17 Elite Member

13. elcs

elcs Elite Member

hahah

i wasn't totally joking, meteorologists do study it, but not in the way that climatologists do........meteorologists more study the effects of global warming on weather, while climatologists actually study the changing climate. [/b][/quote]
    Oh really? As a meteorology major I didnt know that at all! Tnkz 4 t3h infoz tho <_<

14. *570 Ambush

*570 Ambush Senior Member

uh yea at my place its been odly like 70 degrees for about a week and i was just outside (its 11 34 at night) and it seems its getting really cold at this time...but no ''we'' wont get fucked....maybe our kids or our kids kids but all i know is its almost a fact that new york, philly, nd hawaii are all ganna be gone.....just like a bunch of other places i guess also....but new orleans....im sorry....bu ur ganna get fucked up....again

15. Bruce_1nR

Bruce_1nR Senior Member

Word...fuck george bush..fuck global warming...fuck people with their fucking toxic spittin cars....word up to 'An Inconvient Truth'

I wish my powerpoints looked that good....

16. bOxcaR

bOxcaR Senior Member

were all gonna fucking die!

17. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

yeah, cause greenhouse gasses cause hurricanes and break levys <_<

18. elcs

elcs Elite Member

yeah, cause greenhouse gasses cause hurricanes and break levys <_< [/b][/quote]
    He never said that Havik...and he isnt wrong either. Greenhouse gasses definatly cause the global temperature to rise, which in turn raises the sea level, which

= bad news for a city 20 feet below sea level

so yes, new orleans would be fucked if global warming trends continue and the sea level does continue to rise.

19. Caikerrr one niinee..

Caikerrr one niinee.. Senior Member

actually calling these gases (carbon dioxide.) "greenhouse gases" is just misleading, it doesn't make sense. The gases don't "trap" heat, they simply don't work that way.
    Not only does the gas not work like that - but neither does a greenhouse.

A greenhouse doesn't trap heat, or trap the "sun's energy", it doesn't work like that. The glass in the greenhouse lets in the light, which heats shit up. This then causes convection currents in the air, the warm air rises and comes up against the glass. This blocking of the convection currents keeps in the heated air. the air lower down is then also heated, rises and then the warm air is pushed back down by the warmer rising air. which makes a cycle.
    which is why greenhouses don't work if a window/door, is smashed/broken.

There is no blocking of the convection currents by carbon dioxide, so the whole "greenhouse" picture that many people base their conclusions on with regards to global warming is just dumb.

20. FaultO

FaultO Elite Member

Oh really? As a meteorology major I didnt know that at all! Tnkz 4 t3h infoz tho <_< [/b][/quote]
    i already know you're a meteorology major.... i'm more pointing it out to other people...

oh and stop saying you're a fuckin meteorology major. no one cares.