Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Global Warming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guerrilla876, Nov 30, 2006.

Share This Page

1. TalibKweli

TalibKweli Elite Member

Thursday November 30th 2006
    Montreal
    Sunny +15

Friday December 1st 2006
    Montreal
    Freezing Rain Mixed with Snow (70-80kmh Winds) -5

within less then 24 hours
    now tell me that global warming isnt doing this, then i ll tell you where im gonna stick my foot

the weather is so messed up that alot of animals are dying because they havent hibernated for the winter yet, its fuckin sad
    and who do we have to blame?

OURSELVES

2. elcs

elcs Elite Member

no, thats not global warming. Its from a low pressure cold front. That shit happens in the winter, god...

3. TalibKweli

TalibKweli Elite Member

are you some sort of meteorology major?

no but really, shut up
    nobody cares what you think
    you're like a cold, you come and you annoy the fuck out of someone, then if taken care of you go away
    im a medical major in malpractice at the university of west hamburgler

4. elcs

elcs Elite Member

I find it hilarious that you think you know what you are talking about when you clearly dont. If you dont want people to think you are full of shit, then dont run you mouth talking about things you no nothing of.

"Thursday November 30th 2006
    Montreal
    Sunny +15

Friday December 1st 2006
    Montreal
    Freezing Rain Mixed with Snow (70-80kmh Winds) -5

within less then 24 hours
    now tell me that global warming isnt doing this, then i ll tell you where im gonna stick my foot"

I know more than you. You are wrong. Leave this thread if you are going to post useless bullshit and your lame observations that are wrong. Start a malpractice thread, then maybe you can talk.

5. CRAM

CRAM Member

why dont we burn all of our winter tires distroy wats left of our atmosphere then it will be nice and sunny and no need for winter tires cuz winter will be a thing of the past.wtvr fuck global warming its nothing to worry about we will all be long dead by the time anything serious happens and if we arnt ohh well

6. TalibKweli

TalibKweli Elite Member

this afternoon a 50% chance of sarcasm
    Tommorrow a low pressure system will fall on your face with a 100% chance of me being involved
    stay tuned for more

no but seriously, you think you're better then anyone cause you're a meteorology major?
    assholes like you make a living on guessing what the forcast is gonna be talkin bout low pressure and high pressure systems, cold fronts and shit like that
    pathetic kid
    why dont you become a gynecologist, probably the only way you'll ever get any.....and imagine the reunions, you can smell other gynocologists fingers
    faggot

:lol:

7. elcs

elcs Elite Member

I never said i was better than anybody...but if they come in this thread and say shit thats wrong or just ignorant, I'm not going to hesiate to correct them. This is where you came into play. You said something wrong, and I corrected you, and you threw a little hissy fit. Im sorry I hurt your feelings man, I really am. Lesson for you is to not talk about things that you know nothing about. It just makes you look stupid to the people who know better. I will now proceed to laugh at whatever you say next. "Smelling gynocologists fingers"...OMG ROFL!!!111!!!1!1!!!

8. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

why the fuck would anyone argue about weather with a meteorologist?

unless its raining outside and they said it was gonna be bring and clear

seriously, its a one way battle unless you know what youre talking about

9. aces

aces Elite Member

I think that we aren't screwed but some people in the coming generations are.

10. isurvivedabortion

isurvivedabortion Member

TODD STOP IT RIGHT NOW OK JERRY? JUST STOP IT

11. anarchy

anarchy Elite Member

worry abou t today people.

peop;le that worry about global warmingg are such fcuking fatalists

12. isurvivedabortion

isurvivedabortion Member

13. c0ld

c0ld Senior Member

i did a reserach project on this last year

global warming's a fake.

read V V V (or at least skim over)

A few years ago, former President Bill Clinton, speaking to a group of meteorologists at the White House, said "Global warming is a fact, and human activity is the cause."It's bad enough that one of our past presidents believed in astrology, but to have a president who makse two totally untrue statements about science is quite sad. Yes, TOTALLY untrue. Human activity is actually the smallest contributor of problems to the climate. And "global warming" does not exist, especially not in the way we have been led to believe it does.This may be a harsh reality in light of all of the recent news stories and abnormalities in weather but in all honesty, what may actually be the cause of this so-called global warming may be the hot air of politicians and environmental groups that are telling us lies and misinformation.

First off, what is global warming? According to science, it's a very gradual increase in the temperature of the planet of about ten degrees over a century of time. Has this happened? In the past hundred years, the temperature has gone up........one half of a degree! This increase is within the Earth's natural variation of temperature. Yes, there have been warmer winters and summers, and the temperature in the large cities has increased slightly, but throughout the years, there has been no significant change in the Earth's temperature.
    Keep in mind, variations in climate over the years is due to natural causes, more than human interaction. Changes in the Sun's energy output, rotation of the Earth, revolution of the Earth, debris from comets, meteors, and asteroids, actually have an effect on the climate. Add to that dust from earthquakes and volcanoes, and we have even bigger impact from natural events. One volcanic eruption for example, puts more pollution into the atmosphere than ten years worth of human activity.
    And what of this so called "man-made" pollution? We have all heard about it. It is causing the Greenhouse Effect, creating global warming, and putting holes in the Ozone. Well, not quite.
    Most of the so called "greenhouse gasses" have natural sources; volcanoes, animal and plant respiration, and the oceans. The proponents of this greenhouse effect tell us that carbon dioxide is the main problem, and we should be spending billions of dollars trying to cut back on emissions from cars, factories, and etc. According to governmental agencies, to cut back these emissions of twenty percent in the next ten years, we would have to spend about 100 billion dollars a year. And that would still leave one of the biggest polluters untouched: trees. Yes, trees and plants only clean the air while they are growing. Once fully grown, they actually give off carbon dioxide!

Not to worry though, because carbon dioxide is not the main greenhouse gas that we have to worry about, believe it or not, water vapor is. But the environmentalists can't do anything about it since it occurs naturally from evaporation, so they tell us that carbon dioxide is the problem. Keep in mind, that if we didn't have the small natural greenhouse effect that the water vapor gives us, the temperature on the Earth would be like that on Mars, where a warm day would be zero degrees! And while we're on the topic of messing up the climate what about the man made Chlorofluorocarbons, otherwise known as CFC's. We have all heard that they are putting a hole in the ozone layer, but again, this is not quite the truth.The CFC fiasco has led companies to slant their advertising towards telling us to buy pump sprays instead of spray cans to save the environment. Nonsense! According to this scenario, CFC's from spray cans, air conditioning units, etc., migrate into the upper atmosphere and destroy the ozone. This is a surprise to most scientists, as CFC's are heavier than air and cannot get from the ground to the upper atmosphere, and also because scientists have found bacteria that naturally break down the man-made CFC's.

The thinning of the Ozone is due to natural causes. As winter begins in the Southern Hemisphere, polar winds prevent warm air from entering the region. As temperatures fall, clouds form from water vapor and nitrogen, and falling snow carries the nitrogen from the air, which in turn forms chlorine. When warmer temperatures return to the region, the clouds evaporate, and the chlorine thins out the Ozone. This cycle happens every June through November, and during the next six months, much of the Ozone fills back in again. This occurs in the Southern Hemisphere, as in the Northern Hemisphere, a more complex pattern of continents and oceans causes a less intense vortex of cold air, and hence hardly any thinning of the Ozone.Like most people in the science field, I believe that the CFC theory of ozone destruction is another creation of the Environmental Protection Agency, to keep itself in business. There has never been any proof at all, that man made CFC's destroy ozone. Yet, it will cost this nation literally trillions of dollars to get rid of Freon, and use the new substitutes.For example; If your car needs an air conditioning recharge where the refrigerant must be replaced, the entire refrigeration system must be replaced since R134, the Freon replacement will corrode the existing systems. The new units can cost as much as $1000,00. The household refrigeration industry is now doing a massive retooling that will cost around $300 Billion, making the cost of refrigerators higher for us. Each supermarket will spend upward of $100,000.00 to retrofit their refrigeration units, which will amount to higher food prices. When one combines all of the costs to replace or retrofit all of the refrigeration units in the United States to work with this new substance, the cost will run in the trillions of dollars; all for the replacement of a substance which has never been proven to effect the environment.

I could go on for ever, but here are the FACTS to keep in mind. The temperature of the Earth has not increased out of its natural variations. Water vapor and not carbon dioxide is the main greenhouse gas. Natural events have a greater impact on the climate than human events. CFC's have never been proven to destroy the ozone.The whole thing in a nutshell, is that the Earth's environment and it's climate are very complex, and to really understand what is happening, we must weed out the political, environmental, and media propaganda, and examine the facts. It is very hard to solve a problem, when one does not exist, and as far as global warming and human cause goes, there is no problem to be found, therefore there is none to solve.

Statements About Global Warming From Scientists
    "The climate has warmed in the last century, but this took place before 1940. ...we don't think it was human activity. Satellite records form of the temperatures from 3 miles up, do not show any warming at all. Heat Islands caused by urbanization have distorted thermometer temperatures."
    (Prof. Fred Singer-Atmospheric Physicist, University of Virginia, November 2000)

"40 years of ice accumulation would have buried the planes under 40 feet of ice." (the planes were under 268 feet of ice.) Why was there so much ice over the planes at a time when global warming and the melting of the polar ice caps were such big news?...Greenland has been cooling for the last 50 years...
    (Weatherwise Magazine, November 2000)

"We don't even know if man-made aerosols are warming or cooling the planet. Man-Made aerosols tend to be processed out of the atmosphere by clouds within a few weeks"
    (NASA Earth Observatory Internet Bulletin, January 2001)

"The Ozone hole waxes and wanes with the seasons. The behavior of this year's hole, both in record size and quick disappearance, can be largely attributed to the influence of an atmospheric phenomenon known as planetary-scale waves. Just because you see changes from year to year, or just because you see a deep ozone hole this year, that doesn't say anything about the long-term prognosis."
    (NASA Science News, January 2001)

"The coverage of ice in the Arctic has been virtually unchanged since 1979, while Ice in the Antarctic regions has actually increased." Temperatures over time, aligned themselves very well with the variations in the Solar Cycle, ...using temperatures form the 1880's to 1999."
    (WSI-Intellicast Meteorologists using data from NOAA and Goddard Space Flight Center. February 2001)

14. Juststreet

Juststreet Member

it's all happend before the polar ice caps melting don't get worrired about it all thats going to happen is a large chunk of our countires will be water logged

15. elcs

elcs Elite Member

Every single main point in this paper is wrong. If you really want to know why...pm me because I dont really feel like typing that all out right now. But heres a taste of whats wrong with this information...

Why it doesnt matter that CFC's are heavier than air:

http://www.epa.gov/ozone/science/heavier.html

Volcanoes and the oceans arnt causing ozone depletion:

http://www.epa.gov/ozone/science/volcano.html

16. kila

kila Senior Member

^^^Whoa we got an einstien here. B)

just playin.

17. TalibKweli

TalibKweli Elite Member

same reason why id argue about sports with a sports analyst
    and i thought we were friends E
    my hearts broken :(

18. FaultO

FaultO Elite Member

who's a meteorologist?

19. TalibKweli

TalibKweli Elite Member

elcs

we got ourselves a graffiti writter/weather whore

20. explosivo_420

explosivo_420 Elite Member

he'll let us know when its raining outside.

we wont want to bomb