Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Goin' Solo

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fluffy Bunnies, May 4, 2006.

Share This Page

1. Bonus

Bonus Senior Member

the problem you have with this is that if you have pictures on your fone of your graff or anyone elses, despite not having any proof they will be quick to find out if its you or not...
    same with a wallet...i heard someone around my area got caught coz he had a napkin from the pub which he graffed on in his wallet, he got searched coz his hood was up at 2am and he got done for it...

2. SONE.

SONE. Senior Member

where did that happen?

3. allcitybomber

allcitybomber Senior Member

depends...cause technically if u dont give them permission to search ur bag...they can confiscate it until they have a legal warrant to search it. This can be done fairly quickly, in a matter of minutes even depending on time of day.

4. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

yeah i go solo bombing most of the time, i like it better than going with people because its less suspicious and less chance of getting caught. but i like the company of another person too and someone to talk to or look out for you when your in a risky area.

5. Sesh-it-up

Sesh-it-up Guest

98% of the time is solo

6. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

solo sucks, homies are where its at. So much more fun and garuntee'd none of you kids are super high traffic spots on the regular. Having friends is so much more safe.

7. Fury

Fury Elite Member

I just recently started going solo, since my friend quit, and it feels alright, but I like it way more and I feel more motivated when theres more people.

8. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

Went solo for the first time in forever, hopped a fence, snapped my headphone wire, broke my ipod, disloacated my shoulder and slipped while i was painting into a puddle of water. oh yeah and i forgot my camera. I think ill just stick with friends from now on.

9. Sp!ff

Sp!ff Member

i just started a few months ago, so i only run solo. i almost always leave my phone/id at home when i go out bombing. some spots are a little risqué, but i make sure to alway scope em out first and find a good exit in advance. and i always wear black and clothes that i don't wear in the day ever

for the record, some of you who take phone pics of ur graff... if you back your phone up on ur comp, a lot of phones have a lock option, and not only that, some will delete all your shit if the passcode is typed wrong a certain number of times... might be useful for a quick evidence dump. just a random heads up...

10. Sesh-it-up

Sesh-it-up Guest

so very wrong.. about the homies and the high traffic spots.. i keep my graff homies and my real homies seprate besides the one who loves ery thing to do with graff but cant draw a straight line if his life depended one it.. if im by my self i dont have to worry about anything, weather my partner is heating me out, or is gona get my ass beat if we run into another group or writers, or even geting caught by the cops cuz garenteed if ur up more then your partner the cops are gona intarigate the shit outa him if he gets caught and you dont.. its just basicly having to worry about another body, and i donno but i find when i go out with other people we always end up in some kinda arguement wether it be not to hit that or what cap to use.. i guess its cuz im not that social of a person tho..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2010
  11. Chel

Chel Member

Yeah, I feel that. That's the life though...

I roll alone 100% of the time. I considered joining a crew, because I'm a bit of a paranoiac. However, I think writing solo helps me to be a lot quicker and develop more style. When the time is right I'll join the right crew, because those solo nights weigh heavy sometimes when I don't have anyone to share the load with. Seems like it'd be a lot safer, too.

12. gunone

gunone Member

For a year now ive been solo so really the only thing i needed a crew for was wen i was gettin jumped by the ese's yeah

13. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

i prefer one other person to come out with me, but not a girl, ive probably only bombed with another person like maybe 20 times in my whole life, im alone mostly but if u have another writer that knows who and what to look out for then its so much easier hitting busy spots cuz u just dont haveta worry about ur back, so i agree with weak on that, i just dont rep a crew and the one writer i know is in cleveland and i dont live there anymore... so its been solo for me for a while... but i DO wish i had a crew that i could orchestrate bigger projects with and hit the streets with a lot less worry on my mind

14. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

Solo has its benefits obviously, but like I said I dont think anyone in the toy forum is hitting super high traffic spots on the regular with the exception of one or two people, Solo is defiantly an experience alot of painters should do but if you got people to come out why not? I can see if your just hitting a small spot on a walk or a super chll spot, but being with your friends is way more relaxing you dont need to worry if anyones coming and if you run into any sketch bags under spots you got safety in numbers.

I dont get the chance to paint with other people regularly but I prefer it alot more over then going alone.

15. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

fo sho... i havent been bombing in so god damn long... freights to me are easier solo because i go in the wee hours of night and im tryin not to be seen by anyone at all, its not like bombing where ur tryin to blend in and catch spots... solo is the way to go for freights! ive seen homeless people under bridges, never seen one that was awake though lol or alive as far as i know

16. NICCSACC

NICCSACC Banned

here they just beat the shit out of you and take your shit. real talk

17. eL.kORE.ONE

eL.kORE.ONE Member

well going solo is harder but going with a krew is a bust...just take like 2-4 friends with you see they can keep a look out from the cops i usually just take 2 other heads besides me..

18. NosE2

NosE2 Elite Member

damn. this is kind of a tough question, because my likes and dislikes of graff have changed constantly since I started.

Going with 1,2, or 3 people is alright sometimes. Like a little daytime jam under a bridge or something....even end to ends on fr8s, all that shit is fun as fuck. But the obvious point...you kind of have to worry about everyone else...which I dont like to do. I'd have to say that so far throughout my graff carrer (4 years on/off), going solo is probably the most safest, best way to get up. I Don't know if you guys are scared to walk alone at night, or what....maybe I just have the dedication for graffiti...either way, I've come to find out that you can really get a lot more work done on your own. And that's almost what life is about..you can't worry about anyone but yourself (for the most part). My main problem right now is my one homie used to paint here and there and he still draws a lot, but whenever I try to get him to come paint with me he's too lazy. It really erks me...so I just take matters into my own hands you know. So overall, go solo if you want to get up. If you want to have a little paint session or whatever, go for it. But I feel like going solo has helped me improve a shitload.

19. FuckTheFame

FuckTheFame Elite Member

if my crew goes tagging im normally the guy to wonder off on his own
    groups of people is just suspicious
    bombing i find best with another person
    its just easier to not have to stop and geek out for a minute if you got a dude out there already watching the streets
    piece walls are the only place i really feel comfortable with more than one person
    but then again all the writers i know are slowing getting out of the bombing game
    so more and more i find myself just doing street tags by myself
    its not too bad...but with a partner you can deff kill shit if the team mentality is there
    a dude watching your back when your doing a fill is like a blind man with a seeing eye dog

20. Astorean

Astorean New Member

Ineed, a group of people looks suspicious. I like to go solo or take 1 friend with me, also for backup.