Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Goin' Solo

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fluffy Bunnies, May 4, 2006.

Share This Page

1. PREA672

PREA672 Elite Member

If you always go with homies it is because you are scared of going solo. You need your friends motivation and the fact that your going to impress them and earn "cool" points.

Go solo. I never go with friends unless were piecing or in the freight yard. Never go to the yard alone. you'll get run up on.

2. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

I like going solo throw on some head phones and zone out ... but going with other writers is cool too at the end of the day I just enjoy painting solo or with others

3. dubbed

dubbed Senior Member

i go solo for the most part, mainly if i have a specific spot in mind that im trying to hit up.

4. Moon

Moon Senior Member

I definitively go tagging and bombing solo, you don't need friends to do that, and they just mean you get less wall space. I do however, will most often always go with a group when I'm doing a piece. I normally have my friends help me with outlining and filling and stuff. It also helps a lot to have a lookout when you're taking your time.

5. BRAZE-TWO

BRAZE-TWO Member

When i bomb, I usually go alone, But would most definately go with someone who would look out for me, With regards to Pieceing illegally, I would prefer to go alone, Just because most of the time its in a heat spot, and that way its one less body to worry about.

6. BlacktodaFuture

BlacktodaFuture Elite Member

when you go solo, then you only worry about yourself. with other people there is alot to think about, if you are gonna go with someone, make sure that they are at least a good partner.

7. Anon937

Anon937 Senior Member

I started tagging with friends, but when I got my first can I bombed alone.
    The rush of doing it by myself felt amazing. Then I became a dedicated writer and I zone out everytime I have the marker or can in my hand. I look like a robot when I do this. Simply because I don't worry about anything, other than getting caught.
    I hate having people around, thats just critisism because I am the only writer I know in my town.

8. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

just got back from a solo mission.... its definitely my therapy in life... over 3 hours in cold ass weather, sweatin my genitals off by the time i got back to my car lol, i feel fuckin good right now

but i gotta say if ur alone, or anytime u go out for that matter, dont put fuckin headphones in, sounds really dumb to me, u gotta keep ur senses open... i was doin a fill in on a tanker and a train came up on the tracks behind me, i barely noticed without headphones in, if i woulda had that shit on i coulda backed up and been roadkill.... well, track-kill... just sayin, sounds like a bad idea

9. NosE2

NosE2 Elite Member

yeah all of you hipster faggots that rock headphones when you paint are fucking retarded and i hope you get rolled on and fucked up.

10. Shiva.

Shiva. Senior Member

haha yeah, wearing headphones is kinda stupid.
    but please don't call it a mission.. that's just as stupid.

11. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

im not out with friends when i bomb trains, it IS a fuckin mission my friend... if u dont know how shits gonna turn out, and u have a mission to hit every train in a yard, i wouldnt call it anything else

12. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

I rock headphones cause right now I only paint at this chill spot by me trying to get decent before i go puttin up wack shit around the city

13. Shiva.

Shiva. Senior Member

you act like it's a video game or something

14. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

Word the motherfuck up.

15. extinct

extinct Senior Member

Some kid got splattered in Toronto cause he was rockin earphones... Rip jays

16. Get Rekt!

Get Rekt! Senior Member

the only time i have painted with somebody else was like the first few times i have ever painted anything in my life. i have been going solo mostly since ive started getting more into painting. def wouldnt mind finding a partner to go with for a lookout sometimes though

17. Toxia

Toxia Member

I generally go with one other person, the town i'm currently at is small and alot of opened areas and we don't want to worry about watching and listening when we are doing a piece, for bombing, if we're doing hollows, we could give a shit less, filling and adding some color to it, we sort of stop and watch, at least for headlights. Alone is so peaceful at times, walking in downtown at 3 am, no cars, no people except for the occasional crack head or wangster

18. elesdee

elesdee Member

imo it's always nice to have someone walk the block and keep an eye out while your doing your thing, doesn't hurt and you don't have to "worry" about the other body if you know how to play it, you simply don't know each other...

19. RAPP

RAPP Member

I used to only go out with a friend, but recently I stopped taking him cause he kept bugging out, looked like a fucking snitch, but most importantly I didn't want to fuck myself over and think I HAVE to have a friend to go out. Safety in numbers is great, but mentally you have to be all there and self confidant or your little ass is just gonna sit at home going "WHAT IF".

20. smeh

smeh New Member

solo, dont rep anybody but yourself, i dont paint as well when im with other people.