Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Graffiti Geeks

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Soar, Nov 12, 2004.

Share This Page

1. sane013

sane013 Senior Member

Its an amazing product.
    Its just like drawing on a paper but than the lines come on your monitor (afcourse when you just start with it its a bit difficult and you have to get some feeling for it).
    A friend of my got that pat and you can really make nice thinks of it.
    I'm searching for an image now so you can see what you can do what that thing
    [Broken External Image]:http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/7763/6798433zv.jpg

This character is made by a friend of my. (you can make a lot more complicator works what that pad to but you really need some skills to make amazing stuff).
    You can also make graffiti with it.
    nice to learn your street skills cuz when you are going to make a piece you first have to color the background. than the ''letter lines'' and than highlight. (if you understand it :p)

2. trance

trance Guest

i want this nerd shit

3. sane013

sane013 Senior Member

Beceaus you're a nerd or what?

4. keys

keys Member

they are hell good you just got to get used to it.

Im getting a tablet pc which will be awsome! (drawing on the screen)

5. civicman

civicman Senior Member

nah stuff that develope ur stilez with walls much cheaper... ;)

6. textathief

textathief Senior Member

if i had one i would probably b getting up on the net ...... a tag on every site.

7. Fluffy Bunnies

Fluffy Bunnies Elite Member

just get one the old fashion way... rack'em
    we used them at school and I say they are worth it... buuuut then again I am broke and too poor to afford one... steal one!

But the ones at school we like, you can put a paper over it and it copies exactly what you do with it with normal pens or pencils. you can do the colors later if you wanted to. The cool part was that when you draw something, it starightens out ur uneven lines and stuff.

8. Logikalone

Logikalone Senior Member

I have a 9x12 ntuos series tablet and love it. But I never did any graf on it though. Its mainly used for my freelance career and my independent studies at school in graphic communication and design. Expensive but so kick ass.

9. Nasty_One

Nasty_One Senior Member

i have one, mostly because i do alot of graphic design. i mostly draw my work on paper, then scan it in and retouch it with the tablet. it's useful for photo retouching as well.

10. T R E O

T R E O Elite Member

the table sounds nice but i dont have the money for it.

nice to have one,but wouldnt wanna drop a whole bill for it.

11. Nasty_One

Nasty_One Senior Member

it really was one of the few things that i bought for the computer that i think is worth it.

12. umop 3pisdn

umop 3pisdn Senior Member

Im getting a Gateway tablet pc. the screen rotates 180 degrees

13. knowme

knowme Senior Member

14. BLOC

BLOC Senior Member

nasty one how u get that in ur sig

15. sane013

sane013 Senior Member

You've got a lot of programs to make that shit. I think you can Use photoshop or macromedia flash (with macromadia flash you can make the letters really easy.) and photoshop you can use to re-styl it

16. toon_dragon

toon_dragon Senior Member

nah, a 4$ sketch diary works for me....lol

17. OnwaMatra

OnwaMatra Senior Member

Those things are spiffy. My friend let me borrow his once. S'real nice.. but I still prefer paper and ink :\ Cheaper and you can actually.. y'know. Hold it in your hands.. It's -the- original.

18. MrCzar

MrCzar Senior Member

I do in fact own one of these. Here's the dl on them though.

Unless you're actually going to use it for something aside from graffiti, its a waste of money. I use it for my freelance graphic design projcets. My thoughts on it are as such.

Pros: Big upgrade from pencil and paper. A 100 gig harddrive now becomes tombs of pages to draw on with an infinite selection of colors. Great for tracing images to make vector art. Cheap for a graphic tablet. Great starter tablet.

Cons: High sticker shock for most. Doesn't respond like normal mediums. Learning curve to use is absurd. Pen is sometimes not as responcive as you would like. Small as fuck!

The skinny: I've been drawing and painting since I was six. On the computer the same amount of time. At 22, as a professional graphic designer, even I thought this graphics tablet was so so at best! Don't expect anyone to be able to teach you how to use it either! You get very basic instructions when you install, from there you have to struggle. I brought it into the office and the other designers looked at as if it was plans for a time machine.

I was most upset that the eraser function on the back on the stylus doesn't erase with varying opacity. I spent more time in the begining adjusting the opacity to get the effect I wanted than drawing! Want to draw this tablet? Forget everything you know about drawing and then start with this.

For the 14 year old kid, learn to draw first before buying this tablet. Games suck ass to use this tablet with.

New designers that have never used a tablet before, you'll like this. Designers use to better tablets will be frustrated with this one. If you do purchase one of these, buy the larger version not the 4x6

19. lipn

lipn Senior Member

fuck that shit MS PAINT 4 LIFE!!!

20. MrCzar

MrCzar Senior Member

You're retarded and have no idea what you're talking about. Kill yourself!