Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Graffiti in cold weather, need tips...ect

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by VeX1723, Feb 8, 2013.

Share This Page

1. VeX1723

VeX1723 New Member

Yo it's always cold half the time in Colorado. I like using ink based markers to tag, but the tips start freezin & getting streaky. Any markers/ink recipes to fix this. Should I just switch to paint markers? Tips to keep spray cans from freezing or paint brands that work better in cold weather? I find low pressure spray cans worker better, but drip a lot also.

2. OskarERK

OskarERK Member

Same problem here in sweden, we got frost on everything. Mops work pretty good... But I recommend you to do what I just did. Switch to spraypaint !

To keep your cans from freezing, place them next to a fan or a element, or in a blanket. When you are outside, make sure to put them in your bag / pocket when you don't use them. If u do this there shouldn't be any problems with cold spitting cans.

Last year I used to hide my can(s) outside and take them with me to school the next morning and put them in my locker. By the end of the day my cans would be warm and ready to go!

Goodluck!
    ~ERK YSK

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  3. DrigFC

DrigFC Member

Heat in your body is concentrated in your armpits and groin area. If you are worried about the nibs freezing, then you should keep them warm in the first place. If you have a vagina, this is an excellent option. If you are the proud owner of a penis, then the anal opening is always a good bet (remember your lube!). If none of those work for you, then keep them in your armpits. if that doesnt work, step inside a building and let it thaw a bit. I visit CO frequently, and while it is cold, its not the kind of temps that instantly freeze your stuff. Just take breaks.

4. CFC-GRAFF

CFC-GRAFF Senior Member

I've used mops before on Cold ass metal freights.
    Keep the Nib wet and juicy through the whole tag,
    it doesn't stick anywhere near as much.

5. SENDone905

SENDone905 Senior Member

I always keep an extra hoodie/sweater with me when I bomb, and I wrap my cans in it so its silent, markers are usually in my pockets too so they stay warm, I enjoy bombing in the winter because your shit stays up longer because buff crews don't wanna clean it up in winter.

6. xSOMEx

xSOMEx Senior Member

^^ ya i get what you mean. But its not worth using all your paint. Collect that shit and go ham in the spring

7. SENDone905

SENDone905 Senior Member

^^ Yeah I know what you mean, I usually just bomb with rusto and stuff I racked, I'm saving up all my montana and stuff for better weather.

8. Apse One

Apse One Member

I like to do legal stuff in the winter. Here in Idaho i end up with snow up to my thighs on the sides of the tracks. A good idea tho is to just have one of those Igloo Lunch boxes half full of hot water to keep cans in.

9. P-funk

P-funk New Member

Hey man
    Hey man not sure if you still use this forum but I figured it is worth it to ask as I'm in colorado myself and I'm pretty toy when it comes to writing graffiti or any art for that matter and would like to learn the ways of the local rules/unwritten rules l, do's and dont's locally and Anything else that would be valuable knowledge when just starting to get into writing! I started wanting to learn because Ive always loved the style of art but I also needed to find something that would take up a lot of free time and that's also very gratifying being that I was a heroin addict for almost 6years and almost a year ago I made the decision to get clean and that took me to where I'm at now! Any input is appreciated even the negative things I have thick skin and was a heroin addict for many years so not much offends me anymore haha thanks in advance for any and all help, suggestions or even being told to F'off