Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

help-paint high or low pressure ?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by wiets, Feb 10, 2011.

Share This Page

1. wiets

wiets New Member

hi. im a toy and recently just started out going to get some paint to go down practice on some derelict walls what should i buy;

high or low pressure

and

what brand of paint ?

2. skinaone

skinaone Elite Member

what?^^^^
    if your going to bomb highpresure is for you, no matter the size montana xxl is highpressure made for bombing , you can use it for fills on anything you want high presure is for everything
    low presure is for peices or legal walls, low presure is not made for bombing takes to long to fill and out line it will come out clean ass fuck but ull take to long and you will most likely get caught

3. Stuck

Stuck Elite Member

yeah i duno wtf slur was tryna act like he knew

4. TheBombersDream

TheBombersDream Member

If you are bombing. Go High Pressure. I like MTN hardcord best for that. But try a few brands see what brand you like best.
    If you are for better coverage and more vibrant colors low pressure is the way to go. They work well when piecing. We have Ironlak low pressure for $3.95 at out shop www.TheBombersDream.com
    There are also a few compaines out there (IE. Spanish Montana) that make a good 2 pressure valve system. They are def worth taking a look at, but I wouldnt really call them "LOW" pressure

5. nah!

nah! Banned

get medium if you cant decide!!

6. AeonFBC

AeonFBC Member

high pressure for bombing , low for pieces

7. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

high pressure is great for bombing because it gives you alot of control over the can and makes your lines very unique. i personally use montana black (which is high pressure) all the time. high pressure does take a while to get used to though, but experimenting with different caps on high pressure cans can give you some crazy effects. however i have seen people with really shitty hand styles use high pressure and it looks like complete garbage because you can see every mistake they make. so if you have a crazy very unique hand style try out a high pressure, not everyone likes em. the only thing i can say that i dont like about high pressure is the ammount of paint they give you, its somewhat of 2/3s paint in a can. Low pressure cans dont need as much room to pressurize to they can put more paint, that's why high pressure is cheaper. and the mini montana black spider cans are like liquid sex it feels so good holding something so responsive to your movments in the palm of your hands.

8. Faymos

Faymos Senior Member

....highpressure- by the time your around halfway done your can itll get low pressure

9. Jaset

Jaset Senior Member

depends what its for if your bombing , high pressure if your piecing low pressure. but since your just starting out i would go with whatever the cheapest paint with some quality is like ironlak or freshpaint

10. fingerlickingchicken

fingerlickingchicken Senior Member

paints paint homie, go rack some rusto's and have fun

11. Walt

Walt Senior Member

none of you should be using anything besides hardware store paint.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  12. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

Yeah if your just starting out dont worry about blowing all your money on good paint. dollar cans and lowes are your best friend. maybe pick up a few fat caps and some skinnys. Dont worry bout pressure. Low is for detail work, which you shouldnt be doing.

13. writingis4life

writingis4life Senior Member

14. Fayd

Fayd New Member

Fuck u walt

15. SAKY3

SAKY3 Member

Low for outlines, high for fill ins.

16. Fayd

Fayd New Member

17. Isaac Norman-Sokoll

Isaac Norman-Sokoll New Member