Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

how long tell style got better

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by KnoxIn, Apr 1, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Nicht hellig

Nicht hellig Banned

if ur hooked .. dont trip .. it will come to you .. jus keep destroyin shit n doin ur thing

2. blaje

blaje Senior Member

been doing it leisurely for 5 years now...and i'm still pretty toy...not too worried about it though, it's all about fun to me

3. jester.onest

jester.onest Senior Member

It ALWAYS varies between people. Lots of people do it for ages but then get bored because they can't see their style develop before their eyes. The people who get really good are the people who STICK AT IT.

Hope this helps...

blaje, nice sig. I MISS STENCILREVOLUTION TOO.

4. mmmburgers

mmmburgers Elite Member

ive been writing for about 2 years
    and ive progressed ALOT within the past year

like, the first year i was writing i completly sucked
    i still got some sketches of my first year of graff
    and i compare them to now, and ive really come a long way
    but it varies for every person, like my friend has been writing for 2 years
    and he still sucks hardcore. but be a while before you progress
    so just take your time, theres no rush to be the best. have fun, be patient your time will come soon.

5. VoyR

VoyR Member

I've been writing off and on for a few years. I'm still way toy but I've progressed. I still have my first sketch and i look at it from time to time just to remind my self that I am moving forward. Even if it doesn't seem like it some times.

Seems to me like every time i change names I take a huge step forward. I've started to sketch random words and names just because it seems like i learn more about basic style and structure by doing that then just working on the same name over and over again.

6. Dose.onek

Dose.onek Member

yes you are right... i have been working on my style for almost 8 years leasurly*.. and just in the last coupple months ive been getting better.. i just in the last few mins while smoking a bowl came up with something neat.. kinda bitten from alot of ppl but cool in it self.. i dont think i will be using it though.. and when i first started this website was where i came to chat it up n shit.. was kinda rough alot of drama.. ( *R.I.P. Zewler* ) and it was kinda rough.. alot of the better artists on here hassle you and try n make you leave so alot of people do. i left for a bit.. n came back.. i might leave again.. but i will always come to this site...

7. Facedorateur

Facedorateur Senior Member

If you get bored with youre style, change it definitly.
    I've benn writting for 6 months and ive seen a definite evolution, if you put a little effort everyday (sketching for at least 30 minutes) your gonna get something out of it.

8. EGO31

EGO31 Elite Member

Well, I've been writing 3 years on and off. Tags is good, throwies is good. But piecing is just very hard indeed.Get the sketch and colours fine but sometimes scale does my head in.

Fuckit. I only Like bombing anyways. Piecing is fun, But i prefer to destroy.

9. Queezy

Queezy Elite Member

I'm more into bombing too, but mainly because I can't drop a dope ass piece in a good amount of time, and I can do a pretty decent throwie. But once I start sketching some real dope shit, and being able to piece it in a reasonable amount of time I can def see why motherfuckers love to piece. And if you have the drive you will sketch and progress. You truthfully don't even need this website(it might even slow people down cause of all the bullshit) you just gotta be commited.

10. zaco

zaco Senior Member

i have about 5 different styles, most people think thats a good thing but its not.
    i get frustrated trying to pick one. i think that consistency is a priority or else people will think bunch of people are biting u which is mad lame. i guess ive been biting myself, thats kinda weird

11. S4d3n

S4d3n Senior Member

I'd have been writing for bout two years starting this may, so progress's been at a medium pace, though it's sped up in the past few months and I've been able to get some decent shit down.

12. Cyto Aka Son1c

Cyto Aka Son1c Elite Member

Heres my progression

ai42.tinypic.com_n3t6rs.jpg

From that ^

to this -

ai43.tinypic.com_301mr5u.jpg

13. B.S. POLICE

B.S. POLICE Banned

i was writing for like ayear and a half and then my balls like dropped and shit just started to make sense.

14. el Matador

el Matador Member

osnap- i would like to see some of your shit before you hit puberty.
    year or so.

15. VaNdAL xBA!x

VaNdAL xBA!x Banned

ya shit took me almost 2 years then i finally understood hhow too put all my bars together and make everything connect and floww

16. markingz.

markingz. Banned

i mean your style depends on you really, like i can make my stylesimple if i want or i canmake it complex it just depends on what i want, alot of people get a style quicker by biting thats just not my thing

17. sellers E.

sellers E. Senior Member

ive been writing for about 1 and a half years and my styles has just gotten decent. this shit takes pacience.

18. choki

choki New Member

DEPENDS =P

some peeps will get it quike some not,,

19. thebigman

thebigman Senior Member

depends on how fast you learn id say about 1 year and a half a year if you practice and put alot of work into it

20. klk79766

klk79766 Banned