Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How To Meet Other Writers

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by imported_admin, Sep 30, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Cider

Cider Senior Member

If you're at the train station/class/fucking anywhere and you peep somebody dicking around in they're black book be like "Yo you tag"
    and then see whats up with that shit. There are so many fucking toys though so be prepared to deal with some straight up retards

2. wolfgang2142

wolfgang2142 Senior Member

I was lucky since my friends older brother is in a crew here so if I wanna meet sum of em I just gotta go from time to time with him

3. SEAK_CAPSS

SEAK_CAPSS Member

watch for people with paint on their shoes and shit or if you hear them rattling and shit.. or if you see some sketchy dude with a backpack somewhere other then schools and shit he prolly writes or slangs shit... if all else fails watch for fresh paint and remember what they write and try to figure out where they usually get up at and start putting your shit in the same general areas and maybe one of you will catch each other tryna one up the other. make sure to put up good work though you wanna get there attention so they try and seek you out too. sounds far fetched but its worked for me twice.

4. TRUANT365

TRUANT365 Senior Member

Sometimes beefing works too.

aimg1.joyreactor.com_pics_post_gif_graffiti_awesome_dinosaur_573691.gif

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  5. BARS2

BARS2 Member

If you in the Los Angeles area lets link up n drop some tags

6. RESK_ONE12

RESK_ONE12 Member

i have still yet to meet anyone in the pittsburgh area, i know there is a guy who throws up "RUSH" and his stuff is clean, but if u live anywhere near hmu, i just wanna get fresh meat in here

7. Z3BRA

Z3BRA Elite Member

x

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  8. FOEone

FOEone Elite Member

sometimes they'll find you. i got down with VHE when someone saw me pull my sketchbook out in college. no tags on it, just saw the cover. "aiyo, you write? lemme see a page" and busted out a sick-ass burner in my blackbook in the middle of class. that whole "do you write?" thing works.

9. TRUANT365

TRUANT365 Senior Member

i'm lucky where i am, i started my crew, and had two other writers, Foak and DERPZ nowknown as TRON, foak came up to me and said yo you in "SFC"? this is when i first started writing ahahaha, i don't use sfc anymore stopped ages ago but anyway, i said "Yea Who want's to know?" and we kicked off from there, The place i'm at is infested with writers and people trying to join the game, Some sick artists where i'm at aswell. to the writers still at school or university, make the most of where you are, and always look around. you never know if there's other writers where you're at.

aimg1.joyreactor.com_pics_post_gif_graffiti_awesome_dinosaur_573691.gif

10. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel Senior Member

Hard to say how to meet writers, I just meet some coincidentally when I'm writing. Ha

11. GREK

GREK Member

Looking for writers in Denmark, hit me up fellow vikings! ;)

12. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel Senior Member

I doubt there are any, but any writers in Phx Az?

13. GREK

GREK Member

know there are a few, dunno if they're still active?

14. The0nly0ne

The0nly0ne Member

anyone in the Richmond va area getting up on the east coast?

15. RazyONE

RazyONE Member

For me, the most active writers in my town, I know them personally, but finding a crew is hard to find. Just keep gettin up and someone will notice you and want to start something or have you join their crew.

16. Abe13

Abe13 Senior Member

Instagram (; I started flicking my shit, and hashtagging my town, and suddenly, i have almost every writer in town following me. I didnt realize how many people used the hashtag to find others. BUT. Make sure you watch who follows you. Undercovers will happily pick you up.

17. PHREEone

PHREEone Senior Member

18. Vapid666

Vapid666 Elite Member

Go to your local police station and ask them for any records they have on taggers and if they ask why tell them you're looking for someone to go bombing with.

19. wolfgang2142

wolfgang2142 Senior Member

FACEBOOK is a legit way, ive met lotsa writers through fb

20. Mr. November

Mr. November Senior Member

I actually met a really cool dude yesterday. He's been writing for 20 years and when I was in the graff shop he just happened to be putting a piece up in the back. We had a conversation for a bit. He told me to get a new name haha. Apparently he bombed with a Mock that was fucking good, I didn't know. He ended up doing a piece and a throwup in the yard. Too bad he might be going to jail for 3 to 2 months. Better than the five to six years he could get if they pulled a full investigation in which he said he'd be fucked.

But anyway basically I just sat there and watched him paint for like two hours.

IMG_1619.jpg
    IMG_1620.jpg