Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

HxC Kids That 'Write'

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by []ASeR-ONe[]paint slinger, Dec 13, 2005.

Share This Page

Tags:
  1. bigtakeover

bigtakeover Senior Member

^^ yeah i dont understand the appeal of christian hardcore. it fucking blows.

2. dajam410

dajam410 Senior Member

what a terrible show

have fun with God at that one [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

3. dajam410

dajam410 Senior Member

One of our local venues was shut down due to close-minded assholes. Read if you're interested:

"3 years ago, we started this house, we bought it specifically to have shows, our only goal has been to provide everybody we care about with a place to see bands and party. We've cleaned up before and after over 100 shows, never made ANY money, we did this for you guys. what did we ever ask in return? respect the house and our neighbors, that's all.

we organize shows, clean, sweat, do sound, bust our asses and all you have to do is show respect. this past weekend at one of the shows, somebody went across the street to the church on the corner and tagged an upside down cross with a rat head. Now really, how could we not be discouraged from doing shows after such a fucking blatant act of disrespect to our house and neighborhood? our neighbors have been so accepting of ALL the bullshit that has happened since we started doing shows (pissing on their cars, breaking bottles in their streets, and so much more). this, however, is unforgivable. by disrespecting that church, we have disrespected the whole neighborhood.

all it ever takes is one dumb asshole to shutdown a show space. Well this is it. we're closed for shows indefinitely, until its worth our time and effort again. thanks to everybody who has put so much time and work into the space over the last 3 years, NO thanks to the assholes that smash bottles, put holes in our walls, and vandalize our fucking neighbors houses. are you out of your fucking mind?? we're currently looking for other venues to move our shows to, we'll post the info on our page when we find them. SORRY//FUCK YOU!!!

if you have any idea who the asshole who tagged the church is, you can thank him for closing down a 3 year old DIY showspace.

Barclay

p.s. though we might be atheist, and completely against religion, we would never force our opinions on other people or offend other people for their beliefs. that church has so much meaning in the neighborhood and we respect them, even if we don’t have the same beliefs. tagging a local, community oriented church who has the support of the entire neighborhood, what the fuck where you trying to prove?"

This is a huge disappointment, this was one of the few 100% DIY venues in Baltimore.

4. elcs

elcs Elite Member

one of our venues just got shut down too.

blacklisted and meltdown here in a month. anybody else have that tour comin through their town? should be fun, I cant wait to play with them.

5. joshBUST!

joshBUST! Member

Meltdown have some of the best merch ive ever seen in my life, seriously, i recommend bringing some extra cash to grab some of their shirts.

6. sheist

sheist Senior Member

Venues get shut down, new ones open up. It sucks but it's nothing incredibly terrible and if you're involved in punk and hardcore it's something you need to learn to get used to.

7. joshBUST!

joshBUST! Member

one of the best punk clubs in Raleigh, NC is shutting down in a week or two. Im going to see Cloak/Dagger play there this friday with a bunch of local punk bands. should be awesome, and a bummer.

8. dajam410

dajam410 Senior Member

This wasn't your average venue, and it wasn't even really a venue, more like a house that people rented to hold shows and hang out at. You wouldn't even really know what it meant to us unless you were involved in the Baltimore hardcore scene, so how do you know it's not incredibly terrible?

9. xENDOx

xENDOx Senior Member

saw modern life is war and i adapt from iceland over the weekeend
    blew my ears off

10. The OnE aND OnLY NeS

The OnE aND OnLY NeS Senior Member

11. bigtakeover

bigtakeover Senior Member

12. dajam410

dajam410 Senior Member

MLIW and I Adapt played here too, at the place that just got temporarily closed that i mentioned before. I Adapt were some really cool dudes, but I not into Modern Life Is War. Pulling Teeth and Ruiner also played, both were amazing as usual.

13. Oaklander

Oaklander Senior Member

14. elcs

elcs Elite Member

my friend just booked Ceremony and Allegiance. cant wait

15. Cham

Cham Elite Member

FUCK YES

16. hope.one

hope.one New Member

los angeles straight edge hardcore.

17. twinky the kid