Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

ironlak vs. montana?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by 3ksta...c, Oct 8, 2009.

Share This Page

1. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

get the ****art sekt adapter man... rusto all the way... rackable paint wins er time lol

2. hungover

hungover Elite Member

i will use both...i think montana is just a bit better tho....

3. IITIMEII

IITIMEII New Member

ironlak is better,cheaper, but smell TERRIBLE

4. Hylite

Hylite Member

ironlak or bust

5. Hylite

Hylite Member

zookyork is also right, rack all ftw

6. KireOne

KireOne Senior Member

i like ironlak, but ive gotta go with montana. the mtn gold and the alien are definitely the shit man. if your willing to pay some money. or just rack it.

7. aiko

aiko Senior Member

either of these as long as its not molotow

8. Atom615

Atom615 Member

Montana is overrated Ironlak is the way too go its just as good ..... heck even better than montana and cheaper and the color variety is nice. They smell weird though lol like liquid candy or something. haha.

9. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

i like tall ironlaks there cheaper then montana and so much more

10. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

atom have u ever painted outside with lak? if not, go try it lol the shit will be invisible after about a week, montana is leaps and bounds better than ironlak if u plan on whatever ur painting lasting outside for any amount of time... if ur just piecing and u have a primer or base coat of bucket paint then ironlak will hold up, but mtn is better in any situation, other than the part where u haveta pay for it... HOWEVER if u wanna be a real dumbshit and buy MTN gold, it does worse outdoors than ironlak, its acrylic spraypaint specifically meant for canvas and indoor projects... not piecing outside or bombing... learn yo shit people

annnnd molotow in my opinion is better than both... and i kinda like the smell of ironlak lol, its a sweeter weird distinguishable smell, nostalgic lol...

... oh if u get the tall cans of lak "reload" the black does cover and hold up pretty well, kinda like a knockoff of coversall or the mtn mega cans... im sure the more pricey brands last longer, u get what u pay for is a good rule of thumb... and ill say again free paint always prevails ;-)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  11. twisties

twisties Elite Member

Free pain is always going to be better.

But have those Lak relaods gotten better? I've not bothered to use one since I had major issues with one and apparently it was a known problem for them to keep pissing out paint when you're not even using them.

12. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

i have a black reload, used it very recently... clogs the tips fast but it was probably due to not shaking it up enough, and it was raining and windy as shit and it held up... i bought that can like a while ago too when reload was kinda new still

13. graffitiWISCONSIN

graffitiWISCONSIN Senior Member

don't ever buy german montana. it's over priced & run by a bunch of corporate faggots. get spnish montana. if you're willing to spend the extra money when you're doing a piece get mtn 94. but ironlak is pretty good paint. 1 good thing is ironlak is a gloss paint & me personally I prefer gloss finish. mtn 94 is a matte finish

14. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

pretty sure all spray paint is run by a bunch of corporate faggots lol u think the spanish CEOs are less faggotish?

15. Stuck

Stuck Elite Member

u make a point but the fact that they blatently stole the origional montanas name makes them look bad. but they do dominate the market woth their ads

16. Mark.D.Surface

Mark.D.Surface Member

not sure if these have been posted or not, but i've seen some really bad fading with ironlak heres sum examples. heard the middle pic was only 6 months outdoors
    2u8uqu8.jpg ironlak2.jpg ironlak3.jpg

*not my pic but feel its a good warning

17. posher

posher Senior Member

I used to be an all ironlak man, but experience has thought me that if you wanna do it right it's Molotow all the way then Montana and then ironlak if you can't find anything else. Ironlak pisses me off, the smell is horrible, you run through about 50 caps per can because it's sooooo godamn thick, and oh yeah.... Speaking of the thickness, you gotta shake it for hours if it's been sitting. The only decent thing about ironlak is some of the colors. But honestly spend the extra money and get yourself a can that is quality. Saves money on tips and the final product is a million times better. Oh also a little side note: you cannot mix ironlak with other brands or vice versa, I did some legals for clients and found out it will crack if u mix, just an FYI for all you graffiti addicts ;)

18. posher

posher Senior Member

Oh and Montana hardcore, waaaaaaaay better than German Montana btw.

19. Fakename.

Fakename. Senior Member

I feind for ironlaks smell. Painters touch all the way though

20. veeksone

veeksone Senior Member

Montana all day!